Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Motor Current Error after May 2018 firmware update
1183293 1183293 2018-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-12 07:48
So yesterday I took my testing MA unit up into the air to see what has been changed in DJI GO 4 4.2.20 on iOS, and also just to see how it performs in general.

I got the Motor Current Error on a full-throttle, full-speed decent in P-mode in an empty field with only a 6-10KM/h crosswind.

They already have spoken out more than 15 times on this motor current thread, they said it is safe to fly and will be fixed in the next FW release.
It’s exactly the same as wind warning in Mavic Pro and everyone still flying that craft.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=147267&pid=1369396&fromuid=260008
2018-6-12
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-12 10:06
They already have spoken out more than 15 times on this motor current thread, they said it is safe to fly and will be fixed in the next FW release.
It’s exactly the same as wind warning in Mavic Pro and everyone still flying that craft.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=147267&pid=1369396&fromuid=260008

Yeah, safe my behind...

I've seen other vids where the drone goes haywire and almost crashes, linked below just one such example:

Others have reported similar experiences, even just in this thread. DJI's excuse that it's safe to fly is just that, an excuse, as many people do experience near-crash conditions when this occurs!

Stop defending DJI, especially when they put out false statements.
2018-6-12
Use props
amrey
lvl.2
Spain

Autel and Parrot are coming.....DJI wake up at once!!
2018-6-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-12 10:36
Yeah, safe my behind...

I've seen other vids where the drone goes haywire and almost crashes, linked below just one such example:

Sorry your spending all your time asking for a statement, when you get one direct from engineers, you don’t like it , it’s a false statement is your comment now because not only do you know more than everyone else on this forum, you now know more than dji engineers, look you were told on many occasions that it is ok to fly with motor current warning , but if you do that you can’t complain , let’s have a look at your log where you claim to have got max motor speed and all other warnings.
Dji engineers have said it would be sorted in the next firmware, that’s what you asked for.

It’s your choice if you now don’t want to fly, you have got what your looking for , what more are you looking for, you surely don’t want dji to come up with some shabby FW and cause more problems.

You know if one was not to fly because of a warning then all Mavic Pro and MPP would be grounded because since it’s inception wind warnings have been totally wrong, yet dji says it ok to fly, and guess what all MP and MPP users fly their aircraft but are still getting suspect wind warnings.

I await to see your flight log showing all warnings, and I will say airdata is a bunch of crap.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

2018-6-12
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-12 11:45
Sorry your spending all your time asking for a statement, when you get one direct from engineers, you don’t like it , it’s a false statement is your comment now because not only do you know more than everyone else on this forum, you now know more than dji engineers, look you were told on many occasions that it is ok to fly with motor current warning , but if you do that you can’t complain , let’s have a look at your log where you claim to have got max motor speed and all other warnings.
Dji engineers have said it would be sorted in the next firmware, that’s what you asked for.

Typical answer I've come to expect from you, putting words into people's mouths and twisting other's statements around to support your narrative.

Why do I think the DJI admins (not engineers) posting here that it is safe to fly is rubbish? Cause videos and flight logs do not lie, that's why! Has nothing to do with me being smarter than anyone else, zip, zilch, nada. The proof is in the videos and logs, bottom line. That is all I need to go on, and given DJI's secretive and deceptive nature, it's 100% plausible that they are not telling us the whole story.

Whilst not everyone who experiences the MCE condition experiences any issues, such as myself during the last fight this occurred on, that doesn't negate the fact others ARE having severe issues during these conditions.

Oh, and your comment about AirData made me LOL! Whilst no where near as in-depth as other tools available, it is by no means a bunch of crap as you so ridiculously put it.
2018-6-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-12 12:13
Typical answer I've come to expect from you, putting words into people's mouths and twisting other's statements around to support your narrative.

Why do I think the DJI admins (not engineers) posting here that it is safe to fly is rubbish? Cause videos and flight logs do not lie, that's why! Has nothing to do with me being smarter than anyone else, zip, zilch, nada. The proof is in the videos and logs, bottom line. That is all I need to go on, and given DJI's secretive and deceptive nature, it's 100% plausible that they are not telling us the whole story.

It’s a recognized crap app around here so that tells me enough. But we still don’t see your log, are you saying that dji Diana was lying that the information she got was given here under some falsehood.

Maybe you will put up some of those other logs.
2018-6-12
Use props
Armazia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 125069 ft
Netherlands

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-12 12:13

Why do I think the DJI admins (not engineers) posting here that it is safe to fly is rubbish? Cause videos and flight logs do not lie, that's why! Has nothing to do with me being smarter than anyone else, zip, zilch, nada. The proof is in the videos and logs, bottom line. That is all I need to go on, and given DJI's secretive and deceptive nature, it's 100% plausible that they are not telling us the whole story.

I haven't seen any statement on this forum saying the 'Motor current issue' caused any side problem based on logs and video's.

I mean I have seen other topic's where a mavic made a sudden flip, or also drifted without having a motor current issue.

Yes, I also participated as I am having the issue aswell. Also have had it drifting but somehow the aircraft was having interference.. And yes. I am also waiting for this firmware update, but in the meantime I do fly it. Just not over water and in line of sight. If you do that you probably be safe anyway.

And besides all of this, there is more in the world than just flying the drone isn't it? Maybe it takes long and there I do agree with you, I rather have them take a bit longer and release a more stable firmware then to hurry to finish it and yet again bring bugs.

Just relax, you made your point and people probably read it.
2018-6-12
Use props
Mavirair87
lvl.2
Flight distance : 234925 ft
United States

UAStelemetry Posted at 2018-5-11 11:03
Yes, it's highly unlikely that GO4 is the root cause.
On the aircraft, all corresponding sensors feed the FC with data and the fusion algorithm comes to the conclusion that there is something wrong with the motor speed ...
GO4 then receives flight controllers data via telemetry and then displays that info (if neccessary) as plain text on screen.

Hey man im having the same issue how do i read the .txt file that is stored in my phones folder also i have a screen shot of when the motor current popped up on my screen. The MA motors where making a choppy noise when the warning came on.
Screenshot_20180624-194340.jpg
2018-6-24
Use props
Mavirair87
lvl.2
Flight distance : 234925 ft
United States

UAStelemetry Posted at 2018-5-11 11:03
Yes, it's highly unlikely that GO4 is the root cause.
On the aircraft, all corresponding sensors feed the FC with data and the fusion algorithm comes to the conclusion that there is something wrong with the motor speed ...
GO4 then receives flight controllers data via telemetry and then displays that info (if neccessary) as plain text on screen.

Hey man im having the same issue how do i read the .txt file that is stored in my phones folder also i have a screen shot of when the motor current popped up on my screen. The MA motors where making a choppy noise when the warning came on.
2018-6-24
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Mavirair87 Posted at 2018-6-24 16:20
Hey man im having the same issue how do i read the .txt file that is stored in my phones folder also i have a screen shot of when the motor current popped up on my screen. The MA motors where making a choppy noise when the warning came on.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-6-24
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

These Motor Current Error is because of Firmware or Go4 app. Its happened to me again twice. Currently on firmware 400 and android using 4.2..20. Weather too hot ?

2018-7-1
Use props
Nikolay S Donev
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1290892 ft
Bulgaria

@hallmark you are such a.....lovely girl
2018-7-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Nikolay S Donev Posted at 2018-7-1 05:21
@hallmark you are such a.....lovely girl

Its always great to hear from you, you are such an asset to this forum, always around and helpful when needed.
It’s great that all your problems have been resolved.
2018-7-1
Use props
Nikolay S Donev
lvl.3
Bulgaria

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-1 05:29
Its always great to hear from you, you are such an asset to this forum, always around and helpful when needed.
It’s great that all your problems have been resolved.

I can see you are still in hate mode.
2018-7-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Nikolay S Donev Posted at 2018-7-1 11:13
I can see you are still in hate mode.

“Nikolay smiled, preparing his next argument. He could keep this discussion going for quite sometime. For, if there was one thing in particular that he had learned by growing up in his father's house it was this: how to annoy people.”
2018-7-1
Use props
Nikolay S Donev
lvl.3
Bulgaria

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-1 11:22
“Nikolay smiled, preparing his next argument. He could keep this discussion going for quite sometime. For, if there was one thing in particular that he had learned by growing up in his father's house it was this: how to annoy people.”

You just proved my point and as far as I can see you are the one who annoyed so many people trying to ruin their posts, answering no questions and completely change the topic the way you want it to go. Maybe you just want to gain DJI credits... Good luck with that pal. Peace and love brotha!
2018-7-1
Use props
Drizz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1110568 ft
Australia

djiuser_6yZ7pNcdXMYy Posted at 2018-5-19 05:26
Been reading a lot about the new update for the air.  Haven't done it yet.  Did the IOS update on my ipad mini 4 and new go4 app.  Flew no issues at all with my pro.  Out in the country, wide open area.  Decided to get some footage with the air for comparison and also to see if I still had video lag and the strong interference message in the country, not village.  Out about 200 ft, video chopping and severe lag.  Then signal disconnect and reconnect.

I truly believe that there are substantial stability issues with this drone.  Multiple firmware updates addressing multiple issues, including wifi have shown this.  No reason why I should see video drops, lags and complete drop out just over 200 ft with no obstacles in front of me.  I've seen replies to others stating, "try a different area".  Sorry, when you are in open country, no towers etc, this is reminding me of the spark with a few more features.  I've got 2 of them, both do the same thing.  I've got 2 pro's, a 3rd now ordered, they just work.  I agree with the comments, this needs to be addressed asap.

If you cant fly your Air in a field without lag sounds like you or your drove have serious issues. I call rubbish on the "Air has substantial stability issues".
2018-7-1
Use props
amrey
lvl.2
Spain

No one hurt. I,m a lucky man......Please DJI, take note of this. Your product is dangerous.
2018-7-2
Use props
Public Washroom
lvl.2
Philippines

i try to upgrade from 200 to 300 works fine then i went to upgrade again from 300 to 400 the MA behaving lots of problem so i decided downgrade to 300.
2018-7-2
Use props
ulfw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 281381 ft
Hong Kong

I got the same error while flying the drone. Brought it back to land (about 100m away when it happened) and about 20m upon landing it decides to accelerate on it's own and crash into the ground. The drone flips and a motor arm broke off.

DJI admitted it wasn't a pilot error and replaced the drone for free. So that's nice.
What's not nice is that I won't dare fly the drone again until this error is fixed. Free replacements are great but it still took me almost 2 weeks to get an appointment and go there twice to do the replacement. Don't want to try that again.
2018-7-2
Use props
iCharlie17
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51516 ft
Spain

Been grounded with my drone for almost two months. The best time to fly my drone is summer with the nice weather but I can't risk it.

First time I've bought a DJI drone (or any drone for that matter) and probably the last. Such a disappointment.
2018-7-2
Use props
Nikolay S Donev
lvl.3
Bulgaria

Public Washroom Posted at 2018-7-2 17:56
i try to upgrade from 200 to 300 works fine then i went to upgrade again from 300 to 400 the MA behaving lots of problem so i decided downgrade to 300.

how exactly you managed to downgrade?
2018-7-3
Use props
Nikolay S Donev
lvl.3
Bulgaria

amrey Posted at 2018-7-2 16:20
https://youtu.be/QHPGi96ZsgI
No one hurt. I,m a lucky man......Please DJI, take note of this. Your product is dangerous.

What were the errors? give us more details please
2018-7-3
Use props
Schuffd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74990 ft
Ireland

I had the same but it disappeared after 2-3 minutes of flight time very strange.
2018-7-3
Use props
Cineasta83
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55738 ft
Argentina

I have the same problem with firmware 400.
2018-7-3
Use props
amrey
lvl.2
Spain

Nikolay S Donev Posted at 2018-7-3 08:36
What were the errors? give us more details please

I don,t Know Nikolay. Sometimes do that.....but this last time the return home failed too and it crashed.

IMU ok, gimbal calibrated and compass ok. 18 satellites, open fiel and strong signal in 2,4 Ghz.....

Since installing the latest firmware goes wrong.
2018-7-3
Use props
PatrickM923
lvl.2

Public Washroom Posted at 2018-7-2 17:56

how did you downgrade from 400 to 300?
2018-7-3
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

good question - as earlier it was one way ticket... did something change?
2018-7-6
Use props
tommyknocker
New
Flight distance : 19754 ft
Czechia

Hello DJI,
what is situation with new FW?
It is annoying fly with these errors.
What happen when my drone fall to ground and broke? Do you replace it with new one?

Is it some possibility do downgrade to FW .300?
2018-7-7
Use props
amrey
lvl.2
Spain

DJI is missing.....
2018-7-8
Use props
Underdog1964
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47146 ft
United States

amrey Posted at 2018-7-2 16:20
https://youtu.be/QHPGi96ZsgI
No one hurt. I,m a lucky man......Please DJI, take note of this. Your product is dangerous.

I gotta tell you, I'm just lurking the forum at this point reading all this stuff and I really have to wonder if I want the Mavic Air after all.
Is the rest of the DJI line having these issues?
2018-7-8
Use props
Complex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 135689 ft
Australia

It is quite a shame that it is now the 10th of July and this thread is months old. I am going to assume DJI is just ignoring this product? Not good, considering I have only just purchased this drone and I do not feel safe to fly it. Saw this error message as was reported many times in this thread on my MA a few flights in.

DJI, what is the deal here? Under Australian law if you can not provide me with a working product I am entitled to a refund.
2018-7-9
Use props
Armazia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 125069 ft
Netherlands

Complex Posted at 2018-7-9 20:09
It is quite a shame that it is now the 10th of July and this thread is months old. I am going to assume DJI is just ignoring this product? Not good, considering I have only just purchased this drone and I do not feel safe to fly it. Saw this error message as was reported many times in this thread on my MA a few flights in.

DJI, what is the deal here? Under Australian law if you can not provide me with a working product I am entitled to a refund.

I own a Mavic Pro (Platinum), and had this problem also. DJI confirmed the motor current problem is both in the Mavic Air and Pro.

After three flights with my MPP, I so far can confirm that the motor current issue is gone. Haven't had any, even with full throttle in sports mode. Only a battery discharge warning when going to long full throttle, but I am not willing to do that.

So people are still waiting for answers.. I guess there only rests one for you; When will the next firmware for the Air be launched?

I guess you will just have to wait for it.
2018-7-9
Use props
Colorado_Dave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63146 ft
United States

I'll add another datapoint. I tried some premium carbon fiber propellers and immediately started getting the motor current error - mostly in Sport mode and full throttle. However, after the latest update, the error message has GONE AWAY or is less frequent!
2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Skarshaug Posted at 2018-6-1 23:53
I experience this error message frequently. And on today's incident the drone started drifting when I got the error message. This can't just be an faulty application message!!

Sorry for the late response. Currently, confirm that Motor Current Error is misinformation, this will not affect the normal flight. Regarding the drifting issue, does it appear in every flight? If yes, please kindly offer some sample videos and corresponding flight logs for further analysis, we'll forward to our engineer to review.

2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

WayneMHK Posted at 2018-5-31 09:25
I've never had an issue with an update to any of my DJI products.......until now.  I've had the motor current error, the yaw issue, drifting, you name it.  This thing has a mind of it's own and it's frustrating to fly.  I simply cannot use it as a video/photographic platform for now.  It won't fly again until there's an update, and the length of time it's taking suggests to me that they are dealing with multiple issues.  I'm sure they'll get it sorted out, they always do, but it is hard to remain patient.

Hi WayneMHK, I understand your concerns and would like to try our best to help. For the Motor Current Error, our engineers have been aware of it and will fix it in the next update. For the Yaw and drifting issue, please kindly offer the issue video and corresponding flight logs(tick Flight Record&Sensing, Navigation, Gimbal, Camera and System), we'll forward to our engineers and see whether it can be figured out remotely. Thanks so much for your cooperation.
2018-7-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

amrey Posted at 2018-6-4 10:29
Today.....another attempt with everything calibrated
Is there someone from DJI here? Look at this!!!  It,s normal, of course ........

Hi amrey, I'm sorry for the late response. Have you contacted our support and report the accident? If yes, please kindly offer the case number, we'd like to check the exact status and keep follow up.

BTW, it is recommended to click the reply button under one's message so that one can get the reminder and handle it timely, thanks so much for your cooperation.
2018-7-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Peyeinthesky Posted at 2018-6-3 12:06
I had the same problem with my Mavic Pro Platinum, but in my case it resulted in a lost drone. On my first flight this month, immediately after a firmware update, the drone began behaving erratically immediately after takeoff, spitting out motor current errors, and barely reacting to controller inputs. I tried to land it but instead of a soft descent it did a hard touchdown and bounced right back off the ground. I hoped to do a go-around to try to land again, but by then the drone was completely unresponsive. It flew off into the distance, weaving, bobbing, and repeatedly changing altitude. It ignored multiple “return to home” commands from the app. Eventually I lost visual contact with it and the drone lost GPS signal. I searched for it for an hour near its last recorded location but with no luck. Heartbreaking. I can’t believe that a firmware update could result in a lost drone. I’ve contacted DJI, synced my flight records, and am waiting for their response. Be careful flying with the new firmware update!

We understand how you feel, very sorry about it. Could you tell us your case number? We'd like to check the current status and see whether we can help.
2018-7-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Split-Second Posted at 2018-6-5 10:13
Same problems here after updating to .400 (before this update nu trouble whatsoever)
Directly after takeoff a left yaw turn of 45°, can't fly in a straight line.... it drifts left and right.
Can't make any videos like this.. please fix this asap !

We apologize that you’re experiencing difficulties. Could you offer the screen recording and the corresponding flight logs(tick Flight Record&Sensing, Navigation, Gimbal, Camera and System) for analysis? We'd like to check the exact status and try our best to help you out.
2018-7-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Heavenone Posted at 2018-6-5 10:57
#45 2018 5-9
Dear Diana at 9th of May you proposed THERE WILL BE AN UPDATE SOON!!!
We all with heavy problems all over the world wait for that...daily!!!

Heavenone, the Motor Current Error is only the misinformation, this will not affect the normal usage. We will release as long as the new firmware is ready, appreciate your attention.
2018-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules