Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
For you CrystalSky Owners
1583 14 2018-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SparksBird
Captain
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

So I am tired of when flying my MP especially in the sun which here in Nevada is very bright of not being able to barely see my iPhone screen even with a sunshade.  The sunshade does very little and still have a hard time seeing the screen and usually have to go find a shady spot.  So I am really considering the CrystalSky.  Ok so to my questions:

1. For you owners is it noticibly brighter?  For example if the sun is shining down on you are you able to clearly see the screen still?  
2. Would someone happen to show an example of the screen on next to say a iPhone(I have 6 plus).  I want to see the difference of them side by side if possible so I can see the brightness compared.  

I would probably get the bigger screen but the price means for me it really needs to make a difference for me to consider it.  
2018-5-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

CrystalSky Ultra-brite is noticeably brighter than my iPhone 5s.  
I could not see iPhone screen in bright daylight unless I hunted down shade, even then it was hard to see.
I can see CS-Ub screen in bright daylight, with out planting a shade tree.

I read your post to late to answer #2 with a picture.   
2018-5-6
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-6 18:15
CrystalSky Ultra-brite is noticeably brighter than my iPhone 5s.  
I could not see iPhone screen in bright daylight unless I hunted down shade, even then it was hard to see.
I can see CS-Ub screen in bright daylight, with out planting a shade tree.

Thanks a lot for your reply.  That is exactly my issue what you explained.  Even in shade and the sunshade it is still hard to see when it is really sunny/bright outside.  If you could get a pic that would be awesome just so I can see the difference.  You have been a great help
2018-5-6
Use props
Far_North
First Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

I use a 5.5" CS with my MPP and even in bright afternoon full sun I can see everything perfectly.   I couldn't see much of anything at all with my Samsung Note 4.   I don't have pictures but there are a few good video comparisons on YouTube.
2018-5-6
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is basically the same monitor. (P4P+) In bright sunlight.
I use a 5.5" CS on my Mavic Air and Inspire and can see it without a problem.
zzzf.jpg
2018-5-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-6 18:45
Thanks a lot for your reply.  That is exactly my issue what you explained.  Even in shade and the sunshade it is still hard to see when it is really sunny/bright outside.  If you could get a pic that would be awesome just so I can see the difference.  You have been a great help

If I get home in time tomorrow, I will try.  

Been busy helping a friend out with my CTL, using grapple, and Turbo-saw.  I thought about getting video of me ripping his mobile home apart with Mavic Pro P.  

But decided a little to dangerous to be droning and driving.  
2018-5-6
Use props
verizon28
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1444190 ft

Just get the CrystalSky and then you’ll be wondering why you waited so long. I was using an iPhone X and iPad Mini 4 and could barely see the screen on sunny days. I even had the Hoodman shade for the iPad. The other issue is that when the iPhone and iPad get hot, the display dims even more so it gets worse.

I just got my CrystalSky 7.85 and couldn’t be happier. Great contrast, the colors pop...it’s amazing. There are a number of YouTube videos out there that compare the iPads to the CrystalSky 5.5, 7.85, and 7.85 Ultra so you can see the difference. I hear the Ultra has some issues but the 5.5 and 7.85 are solid. I couldn’t be happier with my 7.85. If you can’t see what you’re shooting, you might as well not fly at all. The CS is worth every penny.
2018-5-6
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-6 18:59
If I get home in time tomorrow, I will try.  

Been busy helping a friend out with my CTL, using grapple, and Turbo-saw.  I thought about getting video of me ripping his mobile home apart with Mavic Pro P.  

Cool thank you my friend.  And yes probably too dangerous but would be awesome to see the demolition lol.  
2018-5-6
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

verizon28 Posted at 2018-5-6 19:04
Just get the CrystalSky and then you’ll be wondering why you waited so long. I was using an iPhone X and iPad Mini 4 and could barely see the screen on sunny days. I even had the Hoodman shade for the iPad. The other issue is that when the iPhone and iPad get hot, the display dims even more so it gets worse.

I just got my CrystalSky 7.85 and couldn’t be happier. Great contrast, the colors pop...it’s amazing. There are a number of YouTube videos out there that compare the iPads to the CrystalSky 5.5, 7.85, and 7.85 Ultra so you can see the difference. I hear the Ultra has some issues but the 5.5 and 7.85 are solid. I couldn’t be happier with my 7.85. If you can’t see what you’re shooting, you might as well not fly at all. The CS is worth every penny.

Yeah I am leaning towards getting it and in fact probably 99% sure I will.  And yes good idea will check YT for comparisons like you mentioned.  And yes so frustrating and today was totally fed up as I could barely see.  Thank you very much for the helpful info I will probably get the big screen.  What mount did you get for it?  I want one that does not block the controller.  
2018-5-6
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-5-6 18:57
This is basically the same monitor. (P4P+) In bright sunlight.
I use a 5.5" CS on my Mavic Air and Inspire and can see it without a problem.

Wow thats awesome as you can see how bright it is outside and can see clearly on the screen.  Thanks for posting this pic.  I believe I am sold
2018-5-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-6 19:56
Cool thank you my friend.  And yes probably too dangerous but would be awesome to see the demolition lol.

First Picture is with iPhone5s set to 100% brightness and CrystalSky Ultra-brite set to 50%.  
The picture was taken around 7:18pm CST.  

2018-5-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-6 19:56

First Picture is with iPhone5s set to 100% brightness and CrystalSky Ultra-brite set to 100%.  
The picture was taken around 7:22pm CST.

If I get a chance, I will repeat pictures when closer to mid-day sun, instead of evening sun.
2018-5-7
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-7 16:52
First Picture is with iPhone5s set to 100% brightness and CrystalSky Ultra-brite set to 100%.  
The picture was taken around 7:35pm CST.
[view_image]

Wow that is a huge difference.  Thanks for taking the time showing these.  It is exactly what I was looking for.  The CrystalSky is for sure in my near future.  
2018-5-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-7 16:54
Wow that is a huge difference.  Thanks for taking the time showing these.  It is exactly what I was looking for.  The CrystalSky is for sure in my near future.

You are Welcome.  
I think the difference will show even more if I can get a picture at High-noon.

They failed to bring 2nd-dumpster till after lunch.  Delaying everything.  Tomorrow its level area for pole barn.  
Couple of pics from prep work.  First pic looks like a Tornado hit.  Second pic shows difference, Tornadoes don't cleanup after themselves.  

2018-5-7
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

lol wow now that is a demolition.  Thought I saw todo running around
2018-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules