Mavic Air Replacement ALWAYS disconnects at 40m (VIDEO PROOF)
451 0 2018-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frogyprod
Second Officer

Canada

Video Proof:

Hey guys, I hate to be that guy but...

So I got the Mavic Air back in March. I was REALLY heistant of it using Wifi which always sounded sketchy. Anyways I commited and to my surprise, it worked FLAWLESSLY. Never a disconnect issue and was able to fly it way further than I was comfortable with and never experienced a problem. Anyways I ended up drowning it in a little creek when it Auto Landed 3 meters away from me due to low battery. (Posted a video about it a few weeks ago: )

So fast forward, I ended up using my DJI care replace for a new drone. On Friday I recieved it, along with a new battery. Now my biggest concern about recieving a new drone was that I was going to be pairing/linking it with my first Mavic Air's Remote. The rep at DJI chat said there will be no connection issue here. Now I honestly think the remote is the culprit here. The first Mavic Air was paired with the drone, and everything worked perfect. This one took atleast 20min of figuring out how to pair it until it eventually did, and that made me less confident in this (Did everything the way I was supposed to but it didn't work till I complained to a friend and BANG it finally paired, randomly) I updated the firmware and updated every battery and the DJI Go app so I knew I was up to date on everything.

Now I was excited to finally fly the mavic after a month of not having it. I decided to test it at the same spot I flew the first mavic air because I had no issues flying there. And well, nothing but problems. I went to a different location. Same thing. This was on Saturday. I went out today to test it again and kept running into the same issues. I came home and re-upated the firmware again on everything and it didn't seem to solve anything.

Does anyone know what this could possibly be???
2018-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules