4088 57 2018-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I recently bought the charging station with 2 batteries for my Spark. I have seen that there are many people complaining that the Spark battery is disconnected from the aircraft while flying. It seems that DJI has investigated the situation and has remedied the problem with the new battery models. Now there should not be more cases of falls from the sky.

BB4ADA41-F243-412D-903C-78BBCFF20AA7.jpeg
2D3F2C8B-83E3-44F5-903D-F72F46EFA705.jpeg
A6768A00-7FB1-4B51-A9AE-7DB51E7D07B3.jpeg
4D00D123-B45B-4495-8156-02CFD2092FDF.jpeg
2018-5-7
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft

Looks better indeed!
2018-5-7
Use props
Tarkus71
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15912 ft
Poland

I've checked my battery date after crash (when the battery simply disconnect from Spark during flight). Both are from 7.2017. I wonder how to buy the new ones. Sellers seems to have no idea what they are selling in Poland
2018-5-7
Use props
chamdew
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47169 ft

Do you know What they did for old model?
2018-5-7
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Tarkus71 Posted at 2018-5-7 03:50
I've checked my battery date after crash (when the battery simply disconnect from Spark during flight). Both are from 7.2017. I wonder how to buy the new ones. Sellers seems to have no idea what they are selling in Poland

I am sure that all the batteries that are sold now on the DJI official website are the new generation, 2018 model. So, buy from DJI store.
2018-5-7
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

chamdew Posted at 2018-5-7 04:48
Do you know What they did for old model?

I imagine that if you would buy now the Spark would come with the new model of battery, also if you want to buy only the battery, for sure they are of the new model. So my recommendation is to buy only in the official DJI store. If you buy them in other stores you may buy the old model. For example, I bought my Spark on Aliexpress and it has come with the old battery model.
2018-5-7
Use props
chamdew
lvl.2

Who made a drone which is sold by amazon , other retail store? It is made by someone else?
2018-5-7
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-5-7 05:00
I am sure that all the batteries that are sold now on the DJI official website are the new generation, 2018 model. So, buy from DJI store.

Hi Aurelian,

When I bought a New Battery from the DJI Agent here in Malta, they sent me an Old Battery and only 6 months Guarantee.

I think first they will clear the Old Stock, then they will start importing the New Version. As I stated before they should label them -

Spark Battery v.1.0 - Small Lug Clips
Spark Battery v.2.0 - Large Lug Clips

In the case of my Country - Malta - until the DJI Agent may have sold the Old Stock Batteries, the Spark will be Replaced.

The thing is that China Manufactures a lot for Lowering the Production Costs, so I really doubt they will easy solve this problem. Eg. In Malta as we are a Small Island, I dont think they will have the New Batteries Available.
2018-5-7
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

chamdew Posted at 2018-5-7 05:11
Who made a drone which is sold by amazon , other retail store? It is made by someone else?

Some models that are sold in other stores may be from the older stock.
2018-5-7
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-7 05:12
Hi Aurelian,

When I bought a New Battery from the DJI Agent here in Malta, they sent me an Old Battery and only 6 months Guarantee.

DJI don’t ship to Malta?
2018-5-7
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-7 05:12
Hi Aurelian,

When I bought a New Battery from the DJI Agent here in Malta, they sent me an Old Battery and only 6 months Guarantee.

Look, they send to Malta to.

294F6696-DEDF-42E9-8AE0-4CFAA1B32CE7.jpeg
2018-5-7
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

I never bought from the DJI Website.
2018-5-7
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-5-7 05:24
Look, they send to Malta to.

Thanks Aurelian for always caring !

So if I buy a DJI Drone from there, and apply for DJI Care Refressh one I activate it.

Do I need to pay the postage to send it back to China ? Or I can take it to Local DJI Agent ?

I cant understand how the Procedure works... Thats why I never bought from the DJI Site.
2018-5-7
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-7 05:43
Thanks Aurelian for always caring !

So if I buy a DJI Drone from there, and apply for DJI Care Refressh one I activate it.

The truth is that I do not know how the return policy works because until now I have not needed it. But I bought on the oficial website, the shipping is free and I have arrived in 3 days to Spain with DHL. They pay all the import costs to the European Union.
2018-5-7
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

I'm not so sure that the date by itself means anything. My fly more bundle was purchased in October 2017 and has one battery that connects well, the other no so well. Another poster has said the same thing of his fly more package bought last year. My guess is that not all of the old batteries are faulty, but that a bad batch must have come off the factory line that was judged "still good enough". (Pure speculation on my part, but based on my experience and what I've been reading.)
2018-5-7
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-5-7 06:39
The truth is that I do not know how the return policy works because until now I have not needed it. But I bought on the oficial website, the shipping is free and I have arrived in 3 days to Spain with DHL. They pay all the import costs to the European Union.

So if you buy from the DJI Website, they dont advise the Local Agent to supply you ?

They just send from their DJI Warehouses in China ?

I think then you need to pay Customs Duty Tax right ?

Nice Avatar Update - Aurelian.
2018-5-7
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-7 07:36
So if you buy from the DJI Website, they dont advise the Local Agent to supply you ?

They just send from their DJI Warehouses in China ?

The avatar is my logo. I’m graphic designer and I’ve made this logo for my brand. When you buy from DJI online store All the products purchased from DJI online store are shipped from China. They pay all the customs duty tax.
2018-5-7
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Prairie Chicken Posted at 2018-5-7 07:20
I'm not so sure that the date by itself means anything. My fly more bundle was purchased in October 2017 and has one battery that connects well, the other no so well. Another poster has said the same thing of his fly more package bought last year. My guess is that not all of the old batteries are faulty, but that a bad batch must have come off the factory line that was judged "still good enough". (Pure speculation on my part, but based on my experience and what I've been reading.)

If you are very careful when you change the battery, there should not be a risk of losing the battery. It has not happened to everyone. The older models can be just as good as new ones if you are very careful and do not pull too hard.
2018-5-7
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Thanks for sharing the comparisons.  Hope this helps those that have lost their batteries and their Spark.
2018-5-7
Use props
chamdew
lvl.2

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-5-7 08:12
If you are very careful when you change the battery, there should not be a risk of losing the battery. It has not happened to everyone. The older models can be just as good as new ones if you are very careful and do not pull too hard.

A battery can be popped out even though you push in a battery correctly. you gotta be careful.
2018-5-7
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-5-7 08:12
If you are very careful when you change the battery, there should not be a risk of losing the battery. It has not happened to everyone. The older models can be just as good as new ones if you are very careful and do not pull too hard.

Yes, I found out by accident, really, that the one battery's connection was a bit dodgy. The "click" didn't sound quite right once, so I pulled on it without using the release tabs and it came off. Tried it again, same thing. Third time, I pushed extra hard and it finally stayed, so that's my routine every time now and it has behaved itself so far. It's only the one battery and not the other, which is also an "old" battery made last year and seems to be in perfect working order.
2018-5-7
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-5-7 08:07
The avatar is my logo. I’m graphic designer and I’ve made this logo for my brand. When you buy from DJI online store All the products purchased from DJI online store are shipped from China. They pay all the customs duty tax.

You said - ''They pay all the customs duty tax.''

So when the Customs in Europe (Spain or Malta) received the Items which ar Taxable to VAT and DUTY (as the items come from China - Outside Europe), they just clear them from Customs, and we need to pay nothing ?

If maybe they ship from a Warehouse in Europe I can understand that, but first time I see this procedure from Goods coming directly from Asia. From USA they have a procedure where YOU PAY Tax via Charges in Ebay, and when they arrive in Europe, they are Not Taxable, but still the Customer will pay the Taxes beforehand during Checkout Process.

Did you buy something small from them, or something of high value like over Euro500 or more ? Sometimes small things like under Euro50 are not Taxable which come from FarEast.
2018-5-7
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-7 13:17
You said - ''They pay all the customs duty tax.''

So when the Customs in Europe (Spain or Malta) received the Items which ar Taxable to VAT and DUTY (as the items come from China - Outside Europe), they just clear them from Customs, and we need to pay nothing ?

I bought the charging base with 2 batteries and the bag, 180 €. Before receiving the package I received a call from customs to confirm my personal information because everything that is sent with DHL passes through the customs control. And I have asked if I have to pay something and they have answered me that no, that the seller has paid all the costs.
2018-5-7
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-5-7 13:28
I bought the charging base with 2 batteries and the bag, 180 €. Before receiving the package I received a call from customs to confirm my personal information because everything that is sent with DHL passes through the customs control. And I have asked if I have to pay something and they have answered me that no, that the seller has paid all the costs.

Very good Aurelian ! Thanks for the Update. Very helpful to me !

Infact everything that passed via DHL is surely TAXABLE, so this means that they have some form of Contract with EU Customs, to pay before entering EU Zones.

Thats very good news for me !

Thumbs Up Buddy !
2018-5-7
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-7 13:35
Very good Aurelian ! Thanks for the Update. Very helpful to me !

Infact everything that passed via DHL is surely TAXABLE, so this means that they have some form of Contract with EU Customs, to pay before entering EU Zones.

Exactly, they pay before entering EU zone. The “problem” is the guarantee. When you buy from China you have 1 year, from Europe 2 year. For me, this is not a problem. When I bought the Spark, in Spain cost 600€ and on AliExpress, was a promotion and I’ve paid 380€.
2018-5-7
Use props
Firehawk989
Second Officer
Flight distance : 198904 ft
Canada

I wonder if DJI will warranty the old batteries that people are having problems with? Both of mine seem to have no issue, but I am careful to check they are fully seated before flying.

As for DJI and customs fees etc. Aurelian is correct; DJI covers all customs/import fees when you order directly from them. I experienced the same when I ordered my Spark from them for delivery to Canada. They even say on the website that if the shipper tries to charge you fees you should refuse the shipment and contact DJI immediately.
2018-5-7
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Firehawk989 Posted at 2018-5-7 13:54
I wonder if DJI will warranty the old batteries that people are having problems with? Both of mine seem to have no issue, but I am careful to check they are fully seated before flying.

As for DJI and customs fees etc. Aurelian is correct; DJI covers all customs/import fees when you order directly from them. I experienced the same when I ordered my Spark from them for delivery to Canada. They even say on the website that if the shipper tries to charge you fees you should refuse the shipment and contact DJI immediately.

DJI should open a program and replace all the batteries, the old model.
2018-5-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good to know.
Hope you are right.
2018-5-7
Use props
Racingboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254754 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I think there is still a lot of stock of the old batteries. I've bought my Spark brand new 3 weeks ago and still have the old batteries.
2018-5-8
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Racingboy Posted at 2018-5-8 00:40
I think there is still a lot of stock of the old batteries. I've bought my Spark brand new 3 weeks ago and still have the old batteries.

Same as in my case. Where did you buy your Spark? Me on Aliexpress. I think that on the official DJI store it comes with the new battery model.
2018-5-8
Use props
Racingboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254754 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-5-8 00:58
Same as in my case. Where did you buy your Spark? Me on Aliexpress. I think that on the official DJI store it comes with the new battery model.

In a local shop in Belgium, Art & Craft.
2018-5-8
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Racingboy Posted at 2018-5-8 01:12
In a local shop in Belgium, Art & Craft.

Yes, it seems that the local stores still have old models in stock.
2018-5-8
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

chamdew Posted at 2018-5-7 08:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qLqQA9koBI

A battery can be popped out even though you push in a battery correctly. you gotta be careful.

There is no problem with the old version batteries. You must insert it correctly and pull a bit to ensure it is locked and seated properly.
2018-5-11
Use props
Oldmaninwva
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9750253 ft
United States

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-5-7 08:07
The avatar is my logo. I’m graphic designer and I’ve made this logo for my brand. When you buy from DJI online store All the products purchased from DJI online store are shipped from China. They pay all the customs duty tax.

Not all are shipped from China at the time of purchase...  I live in the U.S. and I bought my Spark this past January and it shipped from their California warehouse..  Got it in 3 days.  Of course they have to restock from China when they get low inventory.
2018-5-11
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Oldmaninwva Posted at 2018-5-11 15:31
Not all are shipped from China at the time of purchase...  I live in the U.S. and I bought my Spark this past January and it shipped from their California warehouse..  Got it in 3 days.  Of course they have to restock from China when they get low inventory.

Yes, in US they have warehouse, in Europe no.
2018-5-11
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

Very old news this fix... But always good to remind people there are newer batteryes outthere.....
I bought a new spark from a store a few weeks ago, but it is from old batch, and with old battery... I live...
2018-5-12
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Joller79 DK Posted at 2018-5-12 00:18
Very old news this fix... But always good to remind people there are newer batteryes outthere.....
I bought a new spark from a store a few weeks ago, but it is from old batch, and with old battery... I live...

The batteries that are now sold on the official website are the new model
2018-5-12
Use props
ped078
lvl.4
Flight distance : 565794 ft
United Kingdom

Wonderful news for new buyers, but what about the tens of thousands "old'' batteries out there and those of us that use them...are they going to swap them out? of course not...because DJI haven't admitted liability, or that anything is wrong...the just sneakily updated the design without admitting anything.

Shame on you DJI.
2018-5-12
Use props
Sibstr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288940 ft
Czechia

I've bought brand new Spark 2 weeks ago in DJI Authorized Retail Store in the Czech Republic and still have the old batteries.
2018-5-12
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-5-12 00:20
The batteries that are now sold on the official website are the new model

Still old news...think it was in january/feb. That it. First was pointed out with new batteryes
2018-5-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules