Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom THREE controller Upgrade failure
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drovers
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Phantom THREE controller Upgrade failure... Red LED and no communication with APP. No communication with Drone P3 Pro
Any help appreciated to recover this!!.... History below

Was flying no problems.
On entering the DJI GO app I have been alerted to an upgrade for months.. and ignored it.
So yesterday I did the silly thing and accepted the upgrade for the controller as prompted by DJI App and software.

Click here it said..  So simple.... What possibly could go wrong....

What I did
1) Controller Upgraded. reporting Success.   Hazaar!!!!!!!
2) As soon as that happened the App could open and talk to the controller BUT not to the P3 Pro Drone
3) Easy just need to upgrade the drone! So....
    Following the WEBSITE instructions from the lastest IOS and its PDF  
    IOS file cas called P3P_FW_V01.11.0020.bin
    So I removed the Drones SD card Deleted all files on it, Copied the unzipped the file as above to the root directry.
    Inserted the SD card and powered up the P3 Pro, and saw it upgrading red n green Camera LED...for about 30 mins then solid green.
    Removed the SD card and read the log file that said Success!!!   Hazaar x 2 !!!!!
4) Rebooted everything. Entered the APP, to find Drone disconnected message
5) Read the DJI forum and saw simular issue with another user. Saw that DJI recommended a conrtoller reset.
    With power on controller hold in "C1" "C2" plus hold in "camera wheel" and "shutter" and power off holding these buttons in.
    Then holding same buttons in Power up controller.
    Controller LED went Blue. App connected to Controller. Then prompted to upgrade the controller again.
    After saying success and rebooting , have the same problem
6) Read further on DJI support, to reset Ipad.. So did that/rebooted. No change.
7) Read further Remve the APP and re-install new/latest version
    Did that THEN new issue!!!
    App loads, and asks to select model of drone. Selected P3 Pro. App now says follow instructions to connect.
    Power up controller Drone and connect cable from Ipad to Controller.
    Dis that. BUT there is no communication and I can not even get into the controller as the instruction page is as far as it will go!
    Swapped USB cable
    Swapped Ipad 2  to Iphone 6 with newly installed APP Same issue

This is where I AM AT THE MOMENT

Controller powers up LED solid RED. NO beeping
APP wont load betond connection screen after selecting drone model
Drone Log file says success
Unable to work out it Controller has any operation sysytem on it or not.
Unable to connect to controller via APP
Can not see any wifi from units

Any help regards a Phantom 3 Pro drone greatly appreciated!!

Best regards
Mike

2018-5-7
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Did you try relinking?
2018-5-7
Use props
Drovers
lvl.1
United Kingdom

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-5-7 06:39
Did you try relinking?

Thanks for your reply Alabama,
Correct me if I'm wrong but to re-link, I thought you had to have App access from say my Ipad to the controller. At present The App to controller communications stick at "Identicy your drone model, and wont go any further.
If there is a way that I'm missing would be very grateful to know how to do this.
Many thanks
Mike
2018-5-7
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Drovers Posted at 2018-5-7 11:04
Thanks for your reply Alabama,
Correct me if I'm wrong but to re-link, I thought you had to have App access from say my Ipad to the controller. At present The App to controller communications stick at "Identicy your drone model, and wont go any further.
If there is a way that I'm missing would be very grateful to know how to do this.

The Re-Link can be done manually (without using DJI Go):-

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller, wait 30 seconds for aircraft to initialise.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button (top left button) on the controller, then the controller will beep 'D-DD'.
*Let go all fingers, then press the wheel on the right side of the controller (It's a 'click wheel', similar to a mouse wheel) and then the first light of the controller will flash blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds (the button doubles up as LED to left of SD card slot), and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will link soon.
2018-5-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

It's great to have a work around, when one system is unavailable.

Post back your results of the above instructions.

RedHotPoker
2018-5-7
Use props
Drovers
lvl.1
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-5-7 13:08
It's great to have a work around, when one system is unavailable.

MASSIVE thanks to you Aardvark!
That worked 1st time
Very impressed. Again many thanks for taking up this thread with your time and helping!!!
2018-5-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Drovers Posted at 2018-5-8 02:05
MASSIVE thanks to you Aardvark!
That worked 1st time
Very impressed. Again many thanks for taking up this thread with your time and helping!!!

Yes Aard old chum...  Came to the rescue. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for keeping us updated. It's really nice to know the drone works. Should there are any further questions, feel free to contact us.
2018-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules