1044 8 2018-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans90c13814
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>

Just checking in and saying Hi.

Received my Spark flymore combo 3 days ago and now have 7 flights on the record.  Red.

I'm a veteran flier, with a Phantom 2 and a 3 Pro in the back room, plus a Flamewheel F550 hexacopter which I built from scratch, but none have impressed me as much as the little Spark.  I just can't stop myself from going out, coming home to recharge, then going back out again. I haven't yet risked any great altitude yet as that British summer sun is awful bright in the sky, but I've tested Sport mode and have seen 30MPH+.  But what I've really enjoyed so far is Tripod Mode, which, with care, seems to give the smoothest video imaginable. Love how quiet it is.

Looking forward to participating here in the forum, perhaps even posting some video.
Alan, near Greenham Common, Berkshire, UK.

2018-5-7
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

The Spark is a load of fun and has most of the capabilities found on the other DJI drones. The Spark's small size and maneuverability make it a winner when flying in small spaces or tight confines, and its camera quality is very good and has accurate colors. Enjoy!
2018-5-7
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

- I just can't stop myself from going out, coming home to recharge, then going back out again.-
I think that you need more batteries! ;-)

Nice to read that Phantom Pilots get excited about the Spark!
2018-5-7
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

welcome!

2018-5-7
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Enjoy your new toy!
2018-5-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job your welcome, it’s the best fun you will have with a small drone, and quality footage and photos. Good luck.
2018-5-7
Use props
Firehawk989
Second Officer
Flight distance : 198904 ft
Canada

Welcome! Enjoy your new Spark, just be aware of its limitations vs. the other drones you have. Shorter range, less redundancy in the flight controller, etc.

That said, mine has been mostly worry-free except for a compass calibration issue when I first got it.

I love that the whole Fly More Combo fits easily in any of the day packs I use for outdoor adventures! Looking forward to getting some mountain biking footage now that ski season is pretty much over.
2018-5-7
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

You reminded me of a "trick" that someone in a different forum shared.  
I wasn't sure how good my depth perception would be when my spark gets near the tree line of the park at which I fly.  It was suggested that I use the tripod mode to carefully fly the perimeter of the "zone" a few times, paying special attention to how the craft looked in comparison with, and against the various landmarks.  He said that doing so would create a kind-of visual 'map' of the area and I could more easily judge the distance/location.  I did this for a whole battery, then again with a second one.  After that I turned off tripod and started flying quicker and doing patterns heading to the various landmarks.  The next day, with a full set of three batteries I started flipping on sport mode.  Both the confidence was there and the fun was beyond what I expected.  I swear, when I got the Spark home it had bugs on it's 'hood.'  :-)
2018-5-7
Use props
sSunsets
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Hi, Welcome to the club... Kinda new myself, still testing. I'll check tripod, thks...  But Speed mode is the Tops.....
2018-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules