Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
TURKEY!
8827 25 2018-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sublimation lee
lvl.1

South Korea

hello im planning to tale a trip to Turkey in june
i have two questions now

1) Is there any problem at the airport?
   - from South Korea to Istanbul Ataturk airport
   - from Istanbul to Kayseri
   - from Istanbul to South Korea

2) is there any problem with flying Mavic pro in turkey as a foreigner

please let me know
2018-5-7
Use props
chiplifter
Captain
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

Maybe this helps
Turkey

Also check you airline. Rules will differ. Storage of batteries mostly in lipo safetybags in handluggage.
Sometimes your drone must be stored in check in luggage. Simply chech their site.
2018-5-7
Use props
SKYCAM UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

chiplifter Posted at 2018-5-7 09:35
Maybe this helps
Turkey

hi im taking my mavic to turkey next week , this is the conversation i had with easyjet hope this helps.

Sandeep has entered the session.
kevin baldwin: hi i was thinking about booking a holiday to turkey flying from stansted to dalaman airport, i would like to take my small drone, and would like to ask if there are any restrictions in place regarding these items. kind regards.....kev
Sandeep:
Hi kevin , thanks for chatting with easyJet today, Can you allow me couple of minutes to look into this?
kevin baldwin: ok thanks
Sandeep: Thanks for being online Kevin, Yes you can take them on board but it should be with the cabin bad dimensions.
Sandeep: You will have to remove the battery from the drone.
kevin baldwin: thats great i would put the batteries in special bags for added protection
Sandeep: Portable electronic devices (including medical devices) containing lithium metal or lithium ion cells or batteries such as watches, calculating machines, cameras, cellular phones, laptop computers, camcorders, etc., when carried by passengers or crew for personal use. Batteries must not exceed 2 g for lithium metal batteries and 100 Wh for lithium ion batteries.

Sandeep: this is the baterry limitations. please make sure it is within this limitations.
kevin baldwin: yes they are well below 100wh so i should be ok
Sandeep: Yes you should be ok, this is the link for your reference : http://www.easyjet.com/en/terms-and-conditions/dangerous-goods
kevin baldwin: does the same apply for the return journey ?
Sandeep: yes
kevin baldwin: thank you very much for your help that was all i needed to know ;)
Sandeep:
You're welcome, is there anything else I can help you with?
kevin baldwin: no that was all thank you
Sandeep:
Thanks for chatting with easyJet today, have a nice day.
kevin baldwin: and you
2018-5-7
Use props
Sublimation lee
lvl.1

South Korea

chiplifter Posted at 2018-5-7 09:35
Maybe this helps
Turkey

thank you sir! i'm gonna check the rules of Airlines
2018-5-7
Use props
Sublimation lee
lvl.1

South Korea

SKYCAM UK Posted at 2018-5-7 11:16
hi im taking my mavic to turkey next week , this is the conversation i had with easyjet hope this helps.

Sandeep has entered the session.

thank you for your reply kindly
and plz check personal MSG
2018-5-7
Use props
chiplifter
Captain
Netherlands

Sublimation lee Posted at 2018-5-7 18:24
thank you sir! i'm gonna check the rules of Airlines

You're welcome, that is whats the forum for.
2018-5-7
Use props
SKYCAM UK
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Sublimation lee Posted at 2018-5-7 18:33
thank you for your reply kindly
and plz check personal MSG

will post up my experience when i return ;)
2018-5-8
Use props
SKYCAM UK
lvl.4
United Kingdom

i have just returned from turkey i took my mavic, flying from london stansted to dalaman turkey, had no probs,i've been trying to post up my experience on here but it wont let me do it due to inappropriate content  of some sort .
2018-5-23
Use props
SKYCAM UK
lvl.4
United Kingdom

...................................................................................
2018-5-23
Use props
chiplifter
Captain
Netherlands

SKYCAM UK Posted at 2018-5-23 05:14
i have just returned from turkey i took my mavic, flying from london stansted to dalaman turkey, had no probs,i've been trying to post up my experience on here but it wont let me do it due to inappropriate content  of some sort .

*wondering what you were filming with your macic*
2018-5-23
Use props
SKYCAM UK
lvl.4
United Kingdom

chiplifter Posted at 2018-5-23 05:36
*wondering what you were filming with your macic*

everything ;)
2018-5-23
Use props
SKYCAM UK
lvl.4
United Kingdom

My experiance traveling from UK Stansted to Turkey Dalaman, my two batteries placed into lipo bags with terminal caps fitted, i put the batteries into my side pocket on my luggage case, removed props and placed inside lug case , both batteries discharged to two lights, controller had 50% charge. everything else incld the mavic with no battery attached went inside my mavic case and put into luggage case with my clothes etc. checked into stansted everything went through scanner with no prob or questions asked.  landed at Dalaman Turkey nothing scanned just went through pasport controll then out of the exit easy.  returning to Dalaman for the trip home....... there are a lot of security checks, the first one scannes everything as normal and you get padded down, the second one is much of the same, when we got to the boarding gate there where random bag and case checks where they wanted to look inside your luggage, a lot of people were checked, the security guard waved us through so i didnt have to go through this part,but i believe i still would have been fine, i think these checks were mainly for returning to uk, you also need to make sure all your elec devices are turned on and working, the mavic was packed the same way in its own bag and placed inside my cabin luggage case.  i have some fantastic footage it was definatly worth taking my drone to Turkey.   i hope this helps, i couldnt fine anything helpfull regarding flying to Turkey with a drone when i researched it,  i flew with easyjet by the way other airlines may have different rules but im sure many are ok.
2018-5-24
Use props
Sublimation lee
lvl.1

South Korea

SKYCAM UK Posted at 2018-5-24 01:24
My experiance traveling from UK Stansted to Turkey Dalaman, my two batteries placed into lipo bags with terminal caps fitted, i put the batteries into my side pocket on my luggage case, removed props and placed inside lug case , both batteries discharged to two lights, controller had 50% charge. everything else incld the mavic with no battery attached went inside my mavic case and put into luggage case with my clothes etc. checked into stansted everything went through scanner with no prob or questions asked.  landed at Dalaman Turkey nothing scanned just went through pasport controll then out of the exit easy.  returning to Dalaman for the trip home....... there are a lot of security checks, the first one scannes everything as normal and you get padded down, the second one is much of the same, when we got to the boarding gate there where random bag and case checks where they wanted to look inside your luggage, a lot of people were checked, the security guard waved us through so i didnt have to go through this part,but i believe i still would have been fine, i think these checks were mainly for returning to uk, you also need to make sure all your elec devices are turned on and working, the mavic was packed the same way in its own bag and placed inside my cabin luggage case.  i have some fantastic footage it was definatly worth taking my drone to Turkey.   i hope this helps, i couldnt fine anything helpfull regarding flying to Turkey with a drone when i researched it,  i flew with easyjet by the way other airlines may have different rules but im sure many are ok.

Thank you for your kind reply! It is very helpful information for me
I'm expecting to travel Turkey with my Mavic

Also, I want to watch Turkey travel footage made by you if you made it
let me know your v-log or blog url!

and is it mandatory to use limo bags & terminal caps?
2018-5-25
Use props
SKYCAM UK
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Sublimation lee Posted at 2018-5-25 06:28
Thank you for your kind reply! It is very helpful information for me
I'm expecting to travel Turkey with my Mavic

terminal caps and lipo bags was just for piece of mind incase they stop you and check, so it looks like your taking safety seriously, and they are cheap ;)
2018-5-25
Use props
tronik
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72018 ft
Turkey

Dear Lee,
I am a drone teacher in turkey sertified via DGCA ( directorate General of Civil Aviation shgm.gov.tr/en) .
All issues related to drone is coordinated by DGCA.
According to SHGM, If you have brought a product from abroad you must register to iha.shgm.gov.tr within 3 days. However, foreigners cannot access this system. There is also out of regulation of drone below 500 g in Turkey.
In summary, your drone is below 500 g, so you don't need to register or other issues. You can also carry of your drone in airports with in handbag. Only the battery must be empty and separate from the drone. You just have your drone bill.
If you have any questions you can contact me
Tamer

www.tronik.com.tr

www.dronesepeti.com.tr
www.gezgindrone.com
2019-1-29
Use props
jaynathan1101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 189026 ft
Turkey

tronik Posted at 1-29 02:29
Dear Lee,
I am a drone teacher in turkey sertified via DGCA ( directorate General of Civil Aviation shgm.gov.tr/en) .

Hello Tamer,

Ben Türkçe biliyorum, ama İngiliz vatandaşıyım.
Şimdi turkiyeye geldim, mavic 2 zoom var yanımda.
Yinede sisteme kayıt olmam şartmı? Türk kimlik numaram yok, yabancı olduğum için.
2019-5-24
Use props
Bknd
New

Germany

Thanks for all the replies and experience! It was really useful
2019-5-29
Use props
park jw
lvl.1
South Korea

안녕하세요? 혹시 매빅가지고 이스탄불 잘 다녀오셨나요?

저도 다음주에 가보려고 하는데 가지고 가도 되는지 너무

고민이되서요ㅜ 혹시라도 조언좀 부탁드립니다
2019-8-8
Use props
fans349d68b8
lvl.1

United Kingdom

tronik Posted at 1-29 02:29
Dear Lee,

Hi,
I tried to register my drone but online I need to enter TR nr and there is no option to change it? What should I do?
2019-8-13
Use props
tronik
lvl.1
Turkey

fans349d68b8 Posted at 8-13 13:22
Hi,
I tried to register my drone but online I need to enter TR nr and there is no option to change it? What should I do?

Hi,

no chance to change it. you must be turkish citizen. After all, you can take a temporary number to register there.

Look this form:

web.shgm.gov.tr/documents/sivilhavacilik/files/formlar/ucus_operasyon_dairesi/iha/kontrol/FR.03.docx

If any question connect me:

https://www.facebook.com/troniktr
https://twitter.com/troniktr
https://www.instagram.com/troniktr/

2019-10-29
Use props
tronik
lvl.1
Turkey

park jw Posted at 8-8 10:38

hello,

Yes you can. You must carry with your drone because it is lower than  500 gr.

King Regards

www.tronik.com.tr
2019-10-29
Use props
tronik
lvl.1
Turkey

jaynathan1101 Posted at 5-24 00:58
Hello Tamer,

Ben Türkçe biliyorum, ama İngiliz vatandaşıyım.

Merhaba ,

Kusura bakmayın ge. dönüş yaptım sanırım.

Uçmak istiyorsanız evet kayıt gerekli. konsolosluktan geçici bir numara alıp iha.shgm.gov.tr sitesine bireysel kayıt yaptırarak drone'ununuz kayıt ettirebilriniz.

İyi uçuşlar
2019-10-29
Use props
Preetish Mohite
lvl.1

India

park jw Posted at 8-8 10:38

Hey buddy,

Please share your experience. I'm planning to carry spark to Turkey.

What all things I have to take care of.

Thanks in advance
2019-11-23
Use props
tronikcomtr
lvl.1
Turkey

Dear All,
Please read this carefully:

Dear Foreign Nationality Citizens,

if you bring your drones or UAVs MTOW 500 gr. or above in Turkey, customs may seize your  drones and demand technical conformity letter, that can be taken from DGCA Turkey, from you. To receive technical confirmation letter for your UAVs, you shall apply officially to Turkish DGCA with application form Form-01 (only Turkish version avaliable) can be found in Forms session on mainpage. One of the requirements shall be supply of application is criminal records with archive records. However, there are two way, one of them is you shall have TR Identificaiton number or you have to submit your criminal record that received from your embassy. If you are verified from MERNİS (TR identification number from population database), criminal record is not required.

if you bring your drones or UAVs MTOW below 500 gr. , this drones is out of the scope of our national regulation and is not required any technical conformity or out of the scope letter normally. Nevertheless, some customs may seize and demand from you out of the scope letter, in this case you shall apply to take out of the scope letter officially with a petition to DGCA Turkey.

After that, During registration process, Our UAV E-registration system software verify your name, surname, birth date and TR identification number from MERNİS under cover of Ministry of Interior. Due to this verification method, if you have not TR Identification number , your information will not be verified in MERNİS. For this reason, foreign nationality citizens will not be able to complete their registration process and fly legally.

Thanks for your understanding.
2019-11-26
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

tronikcomtr Posted at 2019-11-26 07:13
Dear All,
Please read this carefully:

Cool - thanks for sharing
2020-9-27
Use props
arturjc
lvl.1

Portugal

HI All

I am from Portugal and I will ​go to Istambul - Capadocia - Maldives in september.
I wanted to buy a drone to  capture my trip.

I was thinking about buying a Air 2S, but since it's above 500g I would have to register but i'm not sure if it will be aproved because i have a lot of doubt on how to fill the FR.03 document, and it's only 2 month for my trip. Can someone help me filling the document?

As a second alternative I could buy a Mini 2. Is it safer to buy a mini 2 ?

Another doubt is that even if I could register the drone, what would I have to do to fly in Istambul/Capadocia? Is it even possible for a foreigner?

Thanks for your help
Artur
2021-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules