Inspire 1 / Blue Light / Travel Mode Issue...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John Bennett
lvl.4
Flight distance : 289770 ft

United States

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I have received our Inspire 1 back from repair today (2018.05.07) and, like many before you, dropped a battery
into the Inspire, powered up the remote, powered up the Inspire, received the solid blue light (Travel Mode).  Then
I proceeded to flip the landing gear toggle 4 times to lower the gear and exit Travel Mode...

Nothing happens (of course)...

I guessed the remote might needed to be rebound to the Inspire.  I proceeded to do the procedure of red button,
C1+C2+video record button simultaneously, then pressed the wheel button -- and received a beep then two beeps
in quick succession.

And no luck with coming out of Travel Mode…

I am now guessing that the Inspire came back from repair on a different firmware when some of the electronics
were replaced. Some of the forum entries suggested as much.

Question:  If all of my assumptions are correct, if I reinstall the firmware I last upgraded with, will I be good?  More
importantly, how?  I realistically can’t attach the camera while in travel mode, or can I?  Can I set it on some wood
blocks to give it a raised platform, attached the camera with a mounted card with the last firmware on the card.
Will this work?  Or more appropriately, should it work?

I am afraid to proceed, but I need to do something. I am stuck and looking for assistance.

Thank You for your consideration.

============================
JOHN TRACEY BENNETT
Chief Engineering Draftsman
CAD Systems Coordinator
PSO UAV Administrator
Certified Pilot – sUAS (active)
PLANT & SERVICE OPERATIONS
MAIL CODE 6727
SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY
210 PHYSICAL PLANT DR
CARBONDALE, ILLINOIS 62901
E:  JohnB@PSO.SIU.edu / JohnB@SIU.edu
P:  618/453-6766
F:  618/453-6784
PSO.SIU.EDU

201805_SIUC--EmailLogo.png
2018-5-7
Use props
John Bennett
lvl.4
Flight distance : 289770 ft

United States

Never mind -- tried rebinding the remote one more time and it took...hopefully happy trails from here on out.  thanks
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi John, sorry for the late response because of the time difference, glad to know the issue has been figured out, hope you enjoy flying the drone.
2018-5-7
Use props
djiuser_zyklide
lvl.4

Germany

John Bennett Posted at 2018-5-7 10:25
Never mind -- tried rebinding the remote one more time and it took...hopefully happy trails from here on out.  thanks

Hi John Bennett,

did you solve the problem without reapeating it again?

I stumbled across your post while searching for blue light.

2023-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules