Weird flare (not like others)
549 7 2018-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EddieHedlund
lvl.1
Sweden

Hello everyone,
Just a few days ago i bought a mavic pro and noticed a really weird flare (idk if flare really is the right word, but lets call if a flare)on my first captured photo, and could also spot it later on in other photos/clips.
Ill post the first pic i took (its horrible, sorry) so that you can check it out, gotta be something wrong right? (not talking about the "normal" flares from the really strong light just to the left of us) Also I havent been using the protective bubble while filming and taking photos.

What is this, does anyone know?

Thanks.

oh noes

oh noes

2018-5-7
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

I am pretty sure this picture was taken with the protective dome in place. There is no other way to get the camera reflection in the picture (unless taken through a reflective surface). The marked dots are moulding blemishes in the dome.
2018-5-7
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-5-7 12:53
I am pretty sure this picture was taken with the protective dome in place. There is no other way to get the camera reflection in the picture (unless taken through a reflective surface). The marked dots are moulding blemishes in the dome.

I believe you are completely right about that.
2018-5-7
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

yeah you can see the round lines through the whole picture, has to be the protective dome or something covering your lens.  Is there a plastic protective piece on the lens?
2018-5-7
Use props
chiplifter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

It is weird. Is something covering you lense or dirty filters?
2018-5-7
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sometimes this occurs when the sun and the drone are in a certain angle , then the shades of props are visible. Most of the time it happens when the sun is low. Tilting the camera or reposition the drone or use suncap
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Could you please check all the original photos from the SD card to see if all the original photos have the dots? Thanks!
2018-5-7
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Well there a two possibilities - 1) The gimbal cover is on and this is a refracted glare/flare from the strong light. Or 2) your camera lens cover (there is a coated glass flat on the front of the camera [not the lens!]) is reflecting the light back from the camera housing (underneath the glass flat). I'd say it is most likely the latter. You just happened to have captured the strong light from a particular angle, which leads me to the two dust specks ... these seem to be showing 'Newton's rings' and could be sitting within the glass flat if it is a laminate made from 2 pieces of glass stuck together. It is also possible that the dust specks are on the exterior surface of the glass flat and you are getting an interference pattern due to the angle if the incoming light mixed with the filtered reflected light bouncing back from the inner camera housing.
2018-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules