Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Offline Maps
603 5 2018-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zu_lu
lvl.3
Flight distance : 90459 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Folks,

Is there a secret to making offline maps work? I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7 (Android) and I have tapped the 3 dots, went in and downloaded a map to use offline. I do this on WiFi on my home.

However, when I go out in the field with no wifi or data, the map should be there right as ive downloaded to use offline? Nope. Just black. No map at all. Ive downloaded it 3 times now but when I go out to fly and open up the map, the small map box to the bottom left is just black. Why isnt my downloaded map in there?

This should be sooo straight forward, but yet here I am...

Any input appreciated!
2018-5-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Is there a tab to press to cache maps in background, in the Go 4 app?

RedHotPoker
2018-5-7
Use props
zu_lu
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply. Nothing I can find no. It seems the download offline maps has possibly replaced the cache feature but not sure.
2018-5-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I tested this the other day, if your device is not the fastest in the world, it will take a good while to load the downloaded map in to the app, i have the Note 3 (yet to test on other devices) and it took at least a minute to load the map (from black screen) I also notice you cannot choose to download Sat image, just plain street map
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

May I know what's the version of your APP? Have you referred Bashy's advice and wait for some time? Any difference?
2018-5-7
Use props
zu_lu
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi guys, thanks for reply. I have latest version of the app. With above advice and also my own testing, I can now confirm the issue was a mixture of waiting for the map to load, but mainly the fact that I had the map set to the Terrain view, and as Bashy says, it only works on the basic view. Bit disappointing but at least I know how it works now. Thanks.
2018-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules