DJI Cendence/SDI out
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
th280144
lvl.1
Flight distance : 296532 ft
United States

Just purchased a Inpire 2 with an X5S, along with a Cendence and Crystal Sky monitor.  The main reason for the Cendence for me was the SDI out.  When hooking up the BNC from the controller to the monitor, swtiched it from HDMI to SDI in the settings, but only seems to work in Broadcast Mode?  Is that correct or was I not patient enough and happened to be a coincidence that I hit Broadcast Mode as soon as I got signal.  Just trying to accomplish getting a live picture from Inspire to a hardwired monitor.  I hope I don't have to leave in Broadcast Mode since it will only shoot RAW at 1080/59.94.
HDMI is not an option with this production.

Thanks for the help!

2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for your feedback, we will verify with our engineers and keep you updated soon, appreciate your patience.
2018-5-8
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mindy, i would like to know what Standard the SDI port is using. Is it SMPTE 424M or any other?

Thank you.
2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Keule Posted at 2018-5-8 22:03
Mindy, i would like to know what Standard the SDI port is using. Is it SMPTE 424M or any other?

Thank you.

Thanks for your question, we will verify with the related engineers and keep you updated.
2018-5-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sir, it is recommended to post a short video here for further support? Could you please post one in YouTube and share us the link? Thanks for your cooperation.
2018-5-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sir, I haven't received any update from you, if the issue persists, please post a short video here so that we could locate the problem more precisely, thanks for your assistance.
2018-5-14
Use props
th280144
lvl.1
Flight distance : 296532 ft
United States

I verified yesterday it does not work without being in "Broadcast Mode".  I hooked up a BNC to the SDI out on the Cendence controller and ran to a monitor.  I checked settings that SDI was selected.  Toggled back and forth between HDMI option and SDI option in settings and produces no signal.  As soon as I turn on "Broadcast Mode", it works fine.  But I cannot leave Broadcast Mode on since I am unable to change FPS and max resolution is 1080p when recorded to SSD.  
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

th280144 Posted at 2018-5-16 07:12
I verified yesterday it does not work without being in "Broadcast Mode".  I hooked up a BNC to the SDI out on the Cendence controller and ran to a monitor.  I checked settings that SDI was selected.  Toggled back and forth between HDMI option and SDI option in settings and produces no signal.  As soon as I turn on "Broadcast Mode", it works fine.  But I cannot leave Broadcast Mode on since I am unable to change FPS and max resolution is 1080p when recorded to SSD.

Our engineers have tested the external monitor and it works fine in SDI mode, could you please provide us a short video when the issue happens again so that we can escalate for further analysis? Thank you.
2018-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules