Buying DJI Refresh Care?
1221 18 2018-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8069193b
lvl.1
Canada

Hi all,

I am in Canada and I had an issue with the gimbal camera on my Pro. So I used my refresh plan to get fixed/new one.
Same story as previous one that DJI sent the same model to me by UPS Ground. The deliver guy said I need to pay $260.
I told him that the drone is belonging to me because I just sent it to be fixed. Definately, UPS doesn't care about it, so the guy took it back because I don't pay taxes.

I contacted DJI about a week ago to solve this issue. (I am being told to wait until now)
Here is my point of view.
1. I paid tax when I bought the drone from DJI. - I don't understand why I need to pay taxes twice on same device.
2. The drone DJI sent is not a new one because they said "
The package we released is not a repaired drone but a replacement unit under DJI Care Refresh."

3. There were exclusions on the contract of refresh plan. But it doesn't say about custom charge. - DJI says "No Hidden Cost" on the ad of DJI refresh

I
am hesitiating to renew/buy the DJI refresh now.

Has anyone fixed the drone at any certified sevice facility? If so, how much does it cost for the gimbal?

If DJI doesn't wave for this one and for the futre ones (I wish no more issues), I might not buy refresh plan any more.
It may cost me US$99 + US$79 +$260 = appx CDN$500

Thanks,
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are terribly sorry for what happened and the trouble that has been caused, your case has been escalated to the appropriate department to follow up, we will have someone to contact you soon after investigation, thanks for your patience.
2018-5-7
Use props
fans8069193b
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-7 18:41
We are terribly sorry for what happened and the trouble that has been caused, your case has been escalated to the appropriate department to follow up, we will have someone to contact you soon after investigation, thanks for your patience.

Mindy,
You don't even know my case number.
I have talked with someone in DJI so many time for a week.
Lyndone who took care of this issue replied just after UPS driver's last visit.
Now UPS said I need to pay another $16 to get the product delivered.
Also if I don't pick up the drone within 5 days, they will send it you DJI.
UPS said reason why I need to pay the custom is there is only "repair" on the commercial invoice. So UPS wanted DJI put "warranty repair" on it. then it will be no charge.

2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans8069193b Posted at 2018-5-7 18:50
Mindy,
You don't even know my case number.
I have talked with someone in DJI so many time for a week.

Sorry that I forgot to mention that I have got your case number via your Forum account CAS-1682749-X0F5S6, the case has been escalated to the higher team to look into, we will have someone to contact you in working hours to help you out, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-5-7
Use props
fans31ee7c97
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106634 ft
Canada

Same deal with me, DJI care refresh, supposed free shipping, no mention of a lack of repair center in Canada or requirement to ship out of country when purchasing DJI care refresh. No mention of brokerage fees when instructed to ship package to Texas per DJI. Sent drone out for replacement as instructed. DJI Serivce quote returned as per below. $65 USD in parts, $130 labor - repairs/replacement covered by $79 USD DJI care refresh charge.

'Dear Customer,
You repair service of Mavic Pro has been quoted by our repair team. Please refer to the invoice below and complete your payment via paypal.
Invoice
Customer:        Evan Holder
Case No:        CAS-1580315-C0Y0Y4
Use Insurance Type:        DJI Care Refresh
Quote Date:        05-04-18
Remarks:        Dear Customer, Unfortunately, damage that is not caused by a product malfunction or is out of the warranty period is not covered by DJI aftersales policy. Damage not caused by product Dear Customer malfunction. We'll either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received. For more information, please visit (http://www.dji.com/service/policy) - DJI North America
"Item        Quantity        Unit Price(USD)        Total Price(USD)
Upper Cover        1        1.00        1.00
Rear Left Motor Arm        1        19.00        19.00
Middle Frame Module        1        4.00        4.00
Front Left Motor Arm        1        22.00        22.00
Rear Right Motor Arm        1        19.00        19.00
Repair Service Fee        2        65.00/H        130.00
Freight:                        0.00
Total Amount:                        79.00
Total Payment:                        79.00"

Paid in full, DJI shipped drone. Showed up today at my door.. UPS wants $281.84 CAD in brokerage fees to complete delivery. Called DJI, 'Joe' instructed me that DJI covers shipping but customs/brokerage fees are separate and they do not cover these, said he could not do anything further for me I just need to pay the fee. Asked for manager as I feel this wasn't part of the agreement I paid for, instructed he could provide manager but same outcome would happen as 'fees are out of their control'. Dishonest and misleading if this is true. Disappointed customer. Hoping Joe was just misinformed and someone else at DJI can help clear this up for me.
2018-5-15
Use props
fans8069193b
lvl.1
Canada

fans31ee7c97 Posted at 2018-5-15 10:22
Same deal with me, DJI care refresh, supposed free shipping, no mention of a lack of repair center in Canada or requirement to ship out of country when purchasing DJI care refresh. No mention of brokerage fees when instructed to ship package to Texas per DJI. Sent drone out for replacement as instructed. DJI Serivce quote returned as per below. $65 USD in parts, $130 labor - repairs/replacement covered by $79 USD DJI care refresh charge.

'Dear Customer,

The person who has name as "APPLE" called be twice and she said I don't need to pay at all. But I still paid $130 for it. She followed up the shipment before I paid it. But now she is not calling me at all. You shouldn't pay it anything until they make it straight forward. And now DJI said I need to call for the refresh program, then they can assign my dron to the repair shop in Canada. I hope someone in Canada can read this thread before they proceed the refresh program thru online.
2018-5-15
Use props
fans31ee7c97
lvl.1
Canada

fans31ee7c97 Posted at 2018-5-15 10:22

'Dear Customer,

https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#s5

I'm in Canada, which states it is part of the North America coverage area. As well, if I was covered for the replacement fee instead of repair costs, should I not also be covered for two way postage as stated, with 'no hidden charges for the replacement service'?
2018-5-15
Use props
fans31ee7c97
lvl.1
Canada

I refused to pay the COD as the charges were not explained or broken down at time. The driver marked this package as return to sender and my tracking number showed it was going to be sent back to Texas. I have since called UPS where they were both pleasant and helpful.. Notified them of situation, got a hold put on the return to sender, and asked what the reason for COD was. I was informed that DJI return shipped the drone with invoice declaring value of $1,284.81 and my charges of $281.84 CAD were broken down into $167.03 Tax on drone, plus $102.15 brokerage fee plus $12.66 tax on brokerage fee. As I already paid tax on the drone when I purchased it originally and I only paid $79 USD for the replacement service I do not believe I should not have to pay tax on the ~$1300 value of a new drone. UPS informed me for a repair situation such as this DJI should send an updated invoice showing the $79 USD replacement fee to imagingfredericton@ups.com before June 8th to allow them to modify the COD fee required. What the fee will end up being at that time is unknown yet to me. I am still of the belief this falls under the 'hidden charge' section that we are informed there are none of and I should not be responsible for paying, whatever the new value may be. Hoping DJI is able to sort this out shortly.
2018-5-15
Use props
fans8069193b
lvl.1
Canada

fans31ee7c97 Posted at 2018-5-15 12:05
I refused to pay the COD as the charges were not explained or broken down at time. The driver marked this package as return to sender and my tracking number showed it was going to be sent back to Texas. I have since called UPS where they were both pleasant and helpful.. Notified them of situation, got a hold put on the return to sender, and asked what the reason for COD was. I was informed that DJI return shipped the drone with invoice declaring value of $1,284.81 and my charges of $281.84 CAD were broken down into $167.03 Tax on drone, plus $102.15 brokerage fee plus $12.66 tax on brokerage fee. As I already paid tax on the drone when I purchased it originally and I only paid $79 USD for the replacement service I do not believe I should not have to pay tax on the ~$1300 value of a new drone. UPS informed me for a repair situation such as this DJI should send an updated invoice showing the $79 USD replacement fee to  before June 8th to allow them to modify the COD fee required. What the fee will end up being at that time is unknown yet to me. I am still of the belief this falls under the 'hidden charge' section that we are informed there are none of and I should not be responsible for paying, whatever the new value may be. Hoping DJI is able to sort this out shortly.

I refused three times. And UPS said it will be held in their warehouse for 5 business days. If I don't pay it until then, they will ship it back to DJI. I tried to ignore it but the UPS driver came with my drone and want me to pay $130. Don't be scared and I hope someone from DJI will contact you soon! Good luck!
2018-5-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans31ee7c97 Posted at 2018-5-15 12:05
I refused to pay the COD as the charges were not explained or broken down at time. The driver marked this package as return to sender and my tracking number showed it was going to be sent back to Texas. I have since called UPS where they were both pleasant and helpful.. Notified them of situation, got a hold put on the return to sender, and asked what the reason for COD was. I was informed that DJI return shipped the drone with invoice declaring value of $1,284.81 and my charges of $281.84 CAD were broken down into $167.03 Tax on drone, plus $102.15 brokerage fee plus $12.66 tax on brokerage fee. As I already paid tax on the drone when I purchased it originally and I only paid $79 USD for the replacement service I do not believe I should not have to pay tax on the ~$1300 value of a new drone. UPS informed me for a repair situation such as this DJI should send an updated invoice showing the $79 USD replacement fee to  before June 8th to allow them to modify the COD fee required. What the fee will end up being at that time is unknown yet to me. I am still of the belief this falls under the 'hidden charge' section that we are informed there are none of and I should not be responsible for paying, whatever the new value may be. Hoping DJI is able to sort this out shortly.

We are so sorry for the trouble that has been caused, your case has been escalated to the local relevant team to follow up, we will have someone to contact you about the next resolution, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-5-17
Use props
EvanHolder
lvl.1
Canada

So... in the event this thread happens to benefit anyone else going through this in the future a resolution is in order. There isn't one yet.
On Thursday May 16th, one day after my previous post, after waiting to hear back from DJI (told 24-48 hours I would receive a response) but having received a new email stating a separate case number I called to inquire as to what this new case was about and informed them they has the wrong number.. I was informed it was just a case to track my complaint about the taxes and brokerage fees. During this conversation I asked about the original case and was told this was resolved, there was an error somewhere in the process and that I would not be required to pay any fees, that DJI has contacted UPS and I would be receiving a notification by email that this case was resolved.. I also asked that in the future if I required my second Care Refresh was this a one time exception or should this be the standard and would I have to pay any of these fees, I was assured I would not have to. I noticed UPS tracking status hasn't changed on my package and called them to inquire as to the status. They said they are still waiting for me to accept delivery with COD ~$281. No progress on that end.
2018-5-22
Use props
EvanHolder
lvl.1
Canada

I've now been informed that the fees that I would not be required to pay were that of the replacement, the original $79. Not sure how that could get mixed up but that's the latest version from DJI. There is a manager currently assigned to this but no notes on the case and he is not in the office at the moment so I am waiting to hear back from them tomorrow, hopefully.
2018-5-22
Use props
fans8069193b
lvl.1
Canada

EvanHolder Posted at 2018-5-22 12:15
So... in the event this thread happens to benefit anyone else going through this in the future a resolution is in order. There isn't one yet.
On Thursday May 16th, one day after my previous post, after waiting to hear back from DJI (told 24-48 hours I would receive a response) but having received a new email stating a separate case number I called to inquire as to what this new case was about and informed them they has the wrong number.. I was informed it was just a case to track my complaint about the taxes and brokerage fees. During this conversation I asked about the original case and was told this was resolved, there was an error somewhere in the process and that I would not be required to pay any fees, that DJI has contacted UPS and I would be receiving a notification by email that this case was resolved.. I also asked that in the future if I required my second Care Refresh was this a one time exception or should this be the standard and would I have to pay any of these fees, I was assured I would not have to. I noticed UPS tracking status hasn't changed on my package and called them to inquire as to the status. They said they are still waiting for me to accept delivery with COD ~$281. No progress on that end.

In my case, the driver took my credit card number to charge the brokerage fee from my wife (i told her don't give it to the driver tho, typical wife's behavior) And of course, I got the drone. It works perfectly (I am happy with it) I just got informed that is not charged thru my credit card from my wife. She explained it was declined (not by credit card company) So I dind't pay anything beside the $79 at the end of this story. I hope yours can be happy ending too.
2018-5-22
Use props
EvanHolder
lvl.1
Canada

fans8069193b Posted at 2018-5-22 12:28
In my case, the driver took my credit card number to charge the brokerage fee from my wife (i told her don't give it to the driver tho, typical wife's behavior) And of course, I got the drone. It works perfectly (I am happy with it) I just got informed that is not charged thru my credit card from my wife. She explained it was declined (not by credit card company) So I dind't pay anything beside the $79 at the end of this story. I hope yours can be happy ending too.

Hey that's cool news, glad to hear in the end it worked out for you.
I'll keep trying, just seemed like an awful lot of time and energy for this 'expedited, flat rate, no hidden fee' replacement service that has now taken over two months.
2018-5-22
Use props
fans8069193b
lvl.1
Canada

EvanHolder Posted at 2018-5-22 12:35
Hey that's cool news, glad to hear in the end it worked out for you.
I'll keep trying, just seemed like an awful lot of time and energy for this 'expedited, flat rate, no hidden fee' replacement service that has now taken over two months.

I know it is really annoying. I talked with APPLE and she said next time just make a claim thru phone call, not online. Then they can do the fixing or exchange within CANADA. So I bought new DJI Care Refresh again.
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

EvanHolder Posted at 2018-5-22 12:23
I've now been informed that the fees that I would not be required to pay were that of the replacement, the original $79. Not sure how that could get mixed up but that's the latest version from DJI. There is a manager currently assigned to this but no notes on the case and he is not in the office at the moment so I am waiting to hear back from them tomorrow, hopefully.

Evan, we are so sorry to know the issue still hasn't been sorted out, the new case was created as a complaint case for our supervisor to follow up, we have informed the team to get it addressed as soon as possible, sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans8069193b Posted at 2018-5-22 12:28

Glad to know you have received the drone and the issue has been figured out, please keep us updated if there is any further issue, hope you enjoy flying.
2018-5-22
Use props
EvanHolder
lvl.1
Canada

fans8069193b Posted at 2018-5-22 12:42
I know it is really annoying. I talked with APPLE and she said next time just make a claim thru phone call, not online. Then they can do the fixing or exchange within CANADA. So I bought new DJI Care Refresh again.

I had to call to make my claim as it wasn't letting me do so online properly. I also asked why I had to send the drone to Texas when I was in Canada and was informed that is where the repairs are done, not being given a second option. I also mentioned I could send the drone from Michigan as I work 2 km from an international border crossing where I have a mailing address on the US side I could use, which would have avoided all of this as well but I was assured when I inquired about the international shipping that it was free (which it was to send down there, they just didn't mention anything about return) and I just had to submit a declaration of the value, which I made the mistake of assuming would be used to offset any costs when returning, but I thought that was for DJIs benefit, not mine as I wouldn't be paying any hidden fees, just the promised flat rate $79. Regardless, I just received another voicemail from UPS stating DJI has declared this as a non warranty $999 USD value repair in which I am required to pay ~$281 CAD to accept the package or they will send it back to DJI.. They also stated they spoke to the DJI, but no one from DJI has yet been able to discuss this with me.
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

EvanHolder Posted at 2018-5-23 07:31
I had to call to make my claim as it wasn't letting me do so online properly. I also asked why I had to send the drone to Texas when I was in Canada and was informed that is where the repairs are done, not being given a second option. I also mentioned I could send the drone from Michigan as I work 2 km from an international border crossing where I have a mailing address on the US side I could use, which would have avoided all of this as well but I was assured when I inquired about the international shipping that it was free (which it was to send down there, they just didn't mention anything about return) and I just had to submit a declaration of the value, which I made the mistake of assuming would be used to offset any costs when returning, but I thought that was for DJIs benefit, not mine as I wouldn't be paying any hidden fees, just the promised flat rate $79. Regardless, I just received another voicemail from UPS stating DJI has declared this as a non warranty $999 USD value repair in which I am required to pay ~$281 CAD to accept the package or they will send it back to DJI.. They also stated they spoke to the DJI, but no one from DJI has yet been able to discuss this with me.

The package doesn't have to be returned, our supervisor has been communicating with UPS and will keep you updated once there is any feedback from UPS. Please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules