DJI RANDOM OVERHEATED BATTERY/DRONE HELP
1048 6 2018-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Luxury Vue 7
lvl.2

United States

Hello, earlier today i was flying my drone and it randomly said battery error during my flight. I was flying for about 10 minutes before this battey error happend, so i landed it immediately, and took out the battery and a small line of smoke left where the battery goes into the compartment and the battery was very hot (felt like same temp. after every flight). I proceeded to put a new battery in it and now it doesnt even show any of my batteries have charge (0%) and on screen it says "motor overloaded" did my drone just break randomly? Please help me I use this for business purposes and dont have the money for a new one. Thank you
IMG_0014.PNG
2018-5-7
Use props
Luxury Vue 7
lvl.2

United States

INPSIRE 1 RANDOM OVERHEAT

Hello, earlier today i was flying my drone and it randomly said battery error during my flight. I was flying for about 10 minutes before this battey error happend, so i landed it immediately, and took out the battery and a small line of smoke left where the battery goes into the compartment and the battery was very hot (felt like same temp. after every flight). I proceeded to put a new battery in it and now it doesnt even show any of my batteries have charge (0%) and on screen it says "motor overloaded" did my drone just break randomly? Please help me I use this for business purposes and dont have the money for a new one. Thank you
2018-5-7
Use props
Luxury Vue 7
lvl.2

United States

THIS PICTURE ABOVE IS THE WRONG PHOTO FOR THIS SITUATION, PLEASE IGNORE
2018-5-7
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>

I would have said it was an app error, I've randomly been getting the motor overload warning, but if your battery was smoking, you must. have a short somewhere, does the battery power the bird? Do the motors fire up or is it dead?
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Luxury, we are sorry to read on the difficulties, it is recommended to send in the aircraft and the battery for further evaluation, please start a ticket here and send in at your most convenience. Our repair center will help to address it out.
2018-5-7
Use props
Luxury Vue 7
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-7 23:16
Hi Luxury, we are sorry to read on the difficulties, it is recommended to send in the aircraft and the battery for further evaluation, please start a ticket here and send in at your most convenience. Our repair center will help to address it out.

How much is it to send to them to look at. For example what if i send it in and they give me some crazy quote that i don't want to pay, how much does it cost for just that? And do you think there is anyway it could be free cause obviously they will see it was not my fault and just some sort of hardware error. Thanks
2018-5-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Luxury Vue 7 Posted at 2018-5-9 15:05
How much is it to send to them to look at. For example what if i send it in and they give me some crazy quote that i don't want to pay, how much does it cost for just that? And do you think there is anyway it could be free cause obviously they will see it was not my fault and just some sort of hardware error. Thanks

Luxury, sorry for the late response, our repair center will evaluate the damage firstly, we will provide warranty service if the damage was not caused by the pilot. Please refer to the price of the main parts here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry
If you think the quotation is too high, you can request the facility to return without repair.
2018-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules