Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Great video, it's cool. Happy flying.
2018-5-7
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft

It's a great video, but almost everywhere you flew was within 5 miles (in some cases well, well within 5 miles) of a major international airport, or within the controlled airspace of the Navy. The entire downtown of San Diego is within 5 miles of the airport

For example:

Hotel del Coronado... 1.4 miles from Naval Air Station Coronado... and 3.3 miles from the San Diego International Airport.

USS Midway aircraft carrier, 3 miles of San Diego International Airport.

Balboa Park, 1.9 miles from San Diego International Airport.

I like the video, so I wonder if you contacted the airports prior to flying? Assuming you contacted them, how were you treated?
2018-5-7
Use props
Ovi 1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 351545 ft
United States

Jyunte Posted at 2018-5-7 20:55
It's a great video, but almost everywhere you flew was within 5 miles (in some cases well, well within 5 miles) of a major international airport, or within the controlled airspace of the Navy. The entire downtown of San Diego is within 5 miles of the airport

For example:

I contact them and left a Voicemail advising them were I was flying and how high.  Nobody called me back  
2018-5-7
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer

Ovi 1 Posted at 2018-5-7 21:06
I contact them and left a Voicemail advising them were I was flying and how high.  Nobody called me back

Ha!  I guess it might be a good idea to record those calls, to protect yourself from liability if they deny ever hearing from you.

I wonder if something like this would suffice:

"Hi, my name is XXXX, I'm calling on a recorded line. I just wanted ti inform you that I'm a hobbyist drone operator, registered with the FAA, and I'll be flying at XXX and YYY, at an altitude of less than 400 feet. I will have completed my flights by 7pm today. Please call me at (phone number) should you have any questions. Thank you."
2018-5-7
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer

Oh, for anyone wanting to fly in San Diego, I found this web page which may help you if you're ever approached by my brothers in blue:

"The City of San Diego has developed an Unmanned Aircraft Systems (drone) policy that allows for local law enforcement action in serious cases of infractions, while still allowing for the use of drones for infrastructure inspections, photography, and general recreation. The information here is intended as a basic overview of the City’s drone ordinance, as well as valuable resources for drone users."

https://www.sandiego.gov/ohs/unmanned-aircraft-systems
2018-5-7
Use props
Ovi 1
Second Officer
United States

Jyunte Posted at 2018-5-7 21:22
Oh, for anyone wanting to fly in San Diego, I found this web page which may help you if you're ever approached by my brothers in blue:

"The City of San Diego has developed an Unmanned Aircraft Systems (drone) policy that allows for local law enforcement action in serious cases of infractions, while still allowing for the use of drones for infrastructure inspections, photography, and general recreation. The information here is intended as a basic overview of the City’s drone ordinance, as well as valuable resources for drone users."

I always keep my drone in visual line-of-sight. If I see any airplanes or helicopters I always fly low for a few minutes.
2018-5-7
Use props
BHProductions
First Officer
Flight distance : 43018593 ft
United States

Ovi 1 Posted at 2018-5-7 21:06

Thats good to know. The midway is on my list of things to capture.
Nice video btw!
2018-5-7
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Nicely done
2018-5-7
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149961 ft
Singapore

Very nice video
2018-5-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done   
2018-5-8
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Extremely good video.
My favorite shot was at frame 2:20. Great color and really nice scenery.
2018-5-8
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>

Nice, really Good!
2018-5-8
Use props
Ovi 1
Second Officer
United States

Thank you. I didn't play with the colors at all  I only use a nd32 filter sometimes.
2018-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules