Scrambled Live video from Mavic Pro P
721 8 2018-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Yesterday, briefly flew Mavic Pro P.  using CrystalSky about 1,800 feet out.   I noticed a couple of brief Live video hicups, but was fine until Mavic Pro P got within 150-feet of takeoff point.  At which time the Live video started scrambling.  

Unfortunately, DJI Assistant 2 will only look at Firmware on Mavic Pro P., so I can't look at Flight Log.  Both Upload data and Blackbox results in a Spinner (spinning gray wheel).
For now, all I have is screen snapshot of CrystalSky.

Two days before I flew about same distance and returned without any Live Video problems.  Temperature was only 74F.
This last flight and use of CrystalSky Pro P and Mavic Pro P, was warmest for both so far, Temperature 86F.

Scramble-1.jpg
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Did the original video have the same problem? If not, please try to change a cable and fly in another place for further check. Did you try to fly with other mobile device?
2018-5-8
Use props
StianGel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

One thing to try if this happens is to tap the power button on the Crystalsky to turn off the display. Then tap it again to turn it back on. If that does not help, try to force close the app and relaunch.
2018-5-8
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-8 03:10
Did the original video have the same problem? If not, please try to change a cable and fly in another place for further check. Did you try to fly with other mobile device?

Did the original video have the same problem?

I was not video recording, strictly a flight for fun.  The picture is from CrystalSky's built in Screen snapshot

If not, please try to change a cable

Cable I am using is one built into DJI's CrystalSky / RC mount.

and fly in another place for further check.

Was flying from same place (as in 5-feet) from where I have flown before without any problems.   But I can try moving some direction from that point.

Did you try to fly with other mobile device?

Not yet.  My other mobile device is iPhone 5s.  Hard to see in Sunlight and too small a screen.  But I can attempt.

Thanks for reply
2018-5-8
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

StianGel Posted at 2018-5-8 03:48
One thing to try if this happens is to tap the power button on the Crystalsky to turn off the display. Then tap it again to turn it back on. If that does not help, try to force close the app and relaunch.

I will give that a try.  When it occurs again.  

I did try landing and taking off twice.  It was strange in that it would be okay upon takeoff, okay as Mavic Pro climbed and flew short distance away, then scrambled screen would start and continue till Mavic Pro was back on ground.  

Getting access to Flight logs would help.  But thus far DJI Assistant 2 will not allow anything more than Firmware.

Thanks for reply.
2018-5-8
Use props
Pauxier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like you're using one of the Crystal Sky  7.8"  I find that when I get close to home that the CS is in a position that interferes with the antenna on the remote. I find myself doing a back bend maneuver to line the things up again. Only when the AC is mostly right above.
2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-8 04:25
Did the original video have the same problem?

I was not video recording, strictly a flight for fun.  The picture is from CrystalSky's built in Screen snapshot

I would recommend you change a place and test again. Please record a video and see if the original one has the same problem. Thanks for your support.
2018-5-8
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Pauxier Posted at 2018-5-8 07:46
Looks like you're using one of the Crystal Sky  7.8"  I find that when I get close to home that the CS is in a position that interferes with the antenna on the remote. I find myself doing a back bend maneuver to line the things up again. Only when the AC is mostly right above.

I am using DJI's CrystalSky to Remote Control mount, with CrystalSky screen electronically Flipped.

In short, CS is below RC, thus antennas of RC are not blocked.

Still, thanks for suggestion.
2018-5-8
Use props
Pauxier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-8 20:09
I am using DJI's CrystalSky to Remote Control mount, with CrystalSky screen electronically Flipped.

In short, CS is below RC, thus antennas of RC are not blocked.

Gotcha. I tried that for a bit and it worked great, a little uncomfortable for me so I just grabbed a mavmount. I think reception is the "sketchiest" right above for all DJI stuff because of the antenna placement on the AC. Hope you get things ironed out
2018-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules