Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
£2.5K reapir bill due to a scratch!! CAN ANYONE HELP??????
985 9 2018-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Caelus
lvl.1

United Kingdom

SO!!!!! I own a DJI M210 RTK, a wonderful bit of kit and I have been extremely happy with it - DESPITE DJI reducing it in price considerably within weeks of me payong over the odds!!!  Now I have overpaid for the drone, it appears DJI want me to overpay for a repair. Now I know the M210 is a very complicated drone however, after a short flight just over 6 weeks ago I was packing the drone up. I picked the drone up by the landing gear and whilst carrying it to the caes the landing gear bracket that fixes it in place undid itself (hindsight really unsecure design from DJI 0 why doesnt it screw on??). I ended up with a landing gear in my hand and the drone fell upside down about 10 inches to the floor. This napped the bracket that holds one of the RTK antennas and also snapped the end bracket on the rotar arm (the plastic casing that houses the motor not the carbon arm) See pictures
IMG_0710.JPG IMG_0714.JPG

I managed to test the RTK system before packing it away for repair and it was fine, The system didnt report any malfunction with the motors. This is literally 2 peices of plastic that need repairing.   

I send to a UK authorised repair center and they say they have to send to DJI Amsterdam (so far I have to pay £20 to send to UK repair center including diagnosis fee and then another £25 to send to DJI because they had no parts!)

The UK repair center sends to DJI - and they take a week to even accept they had recieved the item! They they start unessary work by checking flight logs to see why it crashed - It didnt crash I dropped it!!!! Waste of 3 days!.   Eventually after over a week of chasing I get a bill for nearly £2500, It wasnt even itemised it just said repair and labour!   Not even a car garage would do that!   I still dont have a breakdown of costs despite asking, how can you ask someone to pay something without telling them what for!? The UK center contacted them because they thought it was an expensive quote too. It turns out DJI want to replace the entire RTK antenna at huge expense when it is only a snapped bracket!  DJI are refusing to fix just the bracket because apparantly once they have quoted repair they cant change it!?!?!?!?!!  So it has to be that repair or nothing!!!   So now I have £15k of drone sat in Amsterdam with me being forced to either pay £2.5k to fix something that doesnt need fixing. This feels like I am being held to ransom!! I asked them just to repair the rotor arm and leave the bracket to me and they have refused saying they will only carry the work if it as per quote!!!

They should be repairing it under warranty seeing as its theor badly designed landing gear bracket that cause it to be dropped but it doesnt look like DJI accept that at all.

This could bankrupt me as a I have only just started this business and after investing nearly £30k in DJI equipement (XT, Z30 loads of batteries etc) I feel so let down. They want to build the Enterprise aspect of business but I think they just want our money.   This isnt the first bad experience with DJI service either but its the main one for me!

I thought about just sending it back and selling it but now values have plummeted becaise DJI reduced it in price, it isnt worth what it was which isnt great for the asses value on my books either!!!  

I dont know what to do - can anyone suggets anything???? Can anyone on here help??? I am desperate and never felt so helpless!

2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Caelus, we are sincerely sorry for what happened and the unpleasant experience with our repair center, could you please get the case number from your dealer and post here so that we could check more details for better support? Besides, please PM me your personal info including the name, contact number and email account? We will keep following up, thank you.
2018-5-8
Use props
Caelus
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-8 03:10
Caelus, we are sincerely sorry for what happened and the unpleasant experience with our repair center, could you please get the case number from your dealer and post here so that we could check more details for better support? Besides, please PM me your personal info including the name, contact number and email account? We will keep following up, thank you.

Hi, the number is CAS-1691252-D3D2B0

Thanks
2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Caelus Posted at 2018-5-8 03:30

Thanks

Thanks for the case number and I have received your PM, the case has been escalated to the appropriate team to look into, we will have someone to contact you soon after investigation, please wait a moment, thank you.
2018-5-8
Use props
Caelus
lvl.1

United Kingdom

So! Here is an update.

To say I have lost all faith in DJI is an understatement. I am have an M210 RTK and several payloads. I have set up a business and spent over £28k on DJI products but that doesnt matter to DJI.   I still have no working drone due to DJI sending me the drone back with a faulty repair after taking too long to fix the initial repair. I have now had no source of income for 3 months! YES this has taken 3 months so far!!!!!!!

Dont use Drone Doctor in the UK - they dont have parts, they will charge you for shipping the unit back to repair the faulty repair because they know they wont get it off DJI.   As it stands they say my drone is ready after the bad repair has been fixed but unless I pay for it to be shipped back to me they wont end it! They give me a sob story saying the amount of time they have spent dealing with DJI means they have made a loss on the repair - like that is my fault!!!

To summarise:

Like many other posts I agree the staff at the repair center are rude. When I complained on here I got a very defensive guy on here who was more concerned about making excuses than fixing my issue.  If you have an Enterprise Drone make sure you understand you could be without a drone for along time. DJI dont care about this and when I complained I had lost several thousand pounds in income because they didnt fix my drone properly they were not interested. When I spoke to Drone Doctor they just said if you want to pursue DJI you can, many have tried but all have failed!  DJI have great products but they service to the customer is atrocious. I will never buy an Enterprise drone from DJI again and it only makes matter worse when you speak pr email DJI to get arrogant, unhelpful and false communication back.   I feel DJI are just too big to really care and give good service to its customers and as a customer you feel like its a case of David versus Goliath when trying to get something resolved! The people who fund the company!!!
2018-6-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Caelus Posted at 2018-5-8 03:30

Thanks

Caelus, we are so sorry to know the drone still doesn't work well from our repair center. The previous case has been shipped out on 18th, May once we got it repaired, and it has past the flight test and quality evaluation before shipping out. We understand there are things we need to improve and we've been always learning from customer's experience, may I know when did you receive the drone and what the current issue is? We will do our best to help.
2018-6-21
Use props
Caelus
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The drone is fixed. The issue is the poor service and my subsequent loss of earnings.
2018-6-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Caelus Posted at 2018-6-21 09:25
The drone is fixed. The issue is the poor service and my subsequent loss of earnings.

Thanks for your feedback, we'll keep learning and improve our service, and offer a better experience for the customers we valued in the future. Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. If there is anything else we can help, do not hesitate to contact us.
2018-6-21
Use props
Caelus
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Instead of asking what you can do to make it better why doesn't Dji make a suggestion? You've lost me as a customer and your future service levels won't benefit me. So do something to keep me as a customer! It's how you deal with a complaint that matters and I'm afraid words and promises of doing better does nothing for me.
2018-6-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Caelus Posted at 2018-6-22 01:35
Instead of asking what you can do to make it better why doesn't Dji make a suggestion? You've lost me as a customer and your future service levels won't benefit me. So do something to keep me as a customer! It's how you deal with a complaint that matters and I'm afraid words and promises of doing better does nothing for me.

Hi Caelus, sorry for the inconvenience. We do understand your concern, we have forwarded your request to our superior team, we will have someone to contact you when business days, appreciate your patience. Hope you have a nice weekend ahead.
2018-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules