Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 Video Review!!
12Next >
4964 66 2018-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Claudia Fischer
lvl.3
Germany

The new DJI PHANTOM 4 PRO 2.0! We Talk UAV review it and tested it! Also you can check out footage from Ibiza. Is it woth to upgrade it from P4P? Write your questions in the comments!

2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Great! Thanks for sharing with us!
2018-5-8
Use props
Anita_Holder
lvl.2

Germany

Where are the differences between DJI Phantom 4 Pro V1.0 and DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0?
2018-5-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Anita_Holder Posted at 2018-5-8 03:31
Where are the differences between DJI Phantom 4 Pro V1.0 and DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0?

See Q2 here:
https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pr ... e&pm=custom#faq
2018-5-8
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-8 03:00

I hope the new quiet propellers are officially compatible with all the P4 series?

I will want some for my P4 standard if they are...
2018-5-8
Use props
kykphantom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-5-8 04:05
I hope the new quiet propellers are officially compatible with all the P4 series?

I will want some for my P4 standard if they are...

Yes they are compatible.
2018-5-8
Use props
kykphantom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

My opinion it is not worth to upgrade mainly because this would not be an upgrade but a totally new purchase. Basically, more aerodynamic and a little less noisy ... so if you do have a P4P why you must buy a P4P v2?
2018-5-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very good  !
2018-5-8
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
United Kingdom

kykphantom Posted at 2018-5-8 04:53
Yes they are compatible.

Yes, but are they officially compatible?

I noticed that the specs are a little different, for example the maximum rotation rate in sports mode is slower on the P4P V2, maybe with the new propellers it falls out of the sky if it rotates as fast as my P4 with standard props...
2018-5-8
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

kykphantom Posted at 2018-5-8 04:55
My opinion it is not worth to upgrade mainly because this would not be an upgrade but a totally new purchase. Basically, more aerodynamic and a little less noisy ... so if you do have a P4P why you must buy a P4P v2?

Are you kidding? . This one uses Ocusync, which is an enormous upgrade from Lightbridge. Specifically, it'll allow using the DJI goggles wirelessly like with the Mavic Pro, if my understanding of the FAQ is correct. So no more hacking the firmware and dealing with plugging and unplugging. Or tearing up your transmitter with a crappy HDMI module for $100 that has more latency and crappier resolution. So you can use the goggles now so you can actually frame a shot without having to rely on a tiny, crappy little invisible tablet or smart phone - you just use that for telemetry and managing settings and you can forget it while you're doing your actual work FPV with the goggles, like you're supposed to ...

Course, we'll have to see how buggy the firmware is, but in the 50/50 chance it does happen to work out of the box without the usual 4 month wait for updates to get it working, this is a huge upgrade....
2018-5-8
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Meh, I'll wait... nice upgrades but I'll sit this one out.  It's like the P4PP.
2018-5-8
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Interestingly, this is  a pretty hushed release and it seems to have completely replaced version 1.0 in the DJI Store.
2018-5-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great stuff - heading in the right direction.   
2018-5-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-5-8 06:30
Interestingly, this is  a pretty hushed release and it seems to have completely replaced version 1.0 in the DJI Store.

And is priced exactly the same as the previous version. Interestingly the Obsidian is no longer offered on the DJI UK Online store either...
2018-5-8
Use props
Anokadrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

A CW Posted at 2018-5-8 07:33
Great stuff - heading in the right direction.

It sounds like the ESC's are using a different driver (sinusoidal) that coupled with the new props, makes it quieter.  Maybe like the Mavic Platinum?
2018-5-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Anokadrone Posted at 2018-5-8 08:26
It sounds like the ESC's are using a different driver (sinusoidal) that coupled with the new props, makes it quieter.  Maybe like the Mavic Platinum?

That's exactly what it is - even the 4dB noise reduction is the same. Will be good to hear it in person as I notice a significant difference between the MP and MPP. The noise from the P4P was one of the main reasons I sold mine earlier this year as restricted where I could fly it. Adding OcuSync is a massive upgrade on top for sure. Looks like they have taken the best bits of the Mavic Platinum and added it to the best of the Phantom's in 2.0. V 1.0 will see a big price drop now - looks like I sold it at just the right time
2018-5-8
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

It’s great, bring on frickn 5 already...
2018-5-8
Use props
Micro Pilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 491988 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing. Please though, fix that bending desk!!!
2018-5-8
Use props
djiuser_S20Y2Fothaia
lvl.1

United States

It's just my luck.  Exactly one day after I purchase a P4P, DJI releases this.  Mine hasn't even shipped yet, and I could have waited ONE DAY.  Wonderful...
2018-5-8
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_S20Y2Fothaia Posted at 2018-5-8 11:20
It's just my luck.  Exactly one day after I purchase a P4P, DJI releases this.  Mine hasn't even shipped yet, and I could have waited ONE DAY.  Wonderful...

Stop carrying on.  Just cancel your order...
2018-5-8
Use props
EdM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wonder if they have implemented panoramic shots similar to the Mavic  where you can download to the goggles for viewing.   Have searched the  manual and the online writeup, no mention found.
2018-5-8
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

I do not want to replace my P4A because of new ESC and OcuSync. But want the new props when they are coming up for sale. However, I do not think the noise reduction so high on Phantom as on Mavic Pro due to the heavy engine arms and body.

Regards Leif.
2018-5-8
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

luciens Posted at 2018-5-8 05:47
Are you kidding? . This one uses Ocusync, which is an enormous upgrade from Lightbridge. Specifically, it'll allow using the DJI goggles wirelessly like with the Mavic Pro, if my understanding of the FAQ is correct. So no more hacking the firmware and dealing with plugging and unplugging. Or tearing up your transmitter with a crappy HDMI module for $100 that has more latency and crappier resolution. So you can use the goggles now so you can actually frame a shot without having to rely on a tiny, crappy little invisible tablet or smart phone - you just use that for telemetry and managing settings and you can forget it while you're doing your actual work FPV with the goggles, like you're supposed to ...

Course, we'll have to see how buggy the firmware is, but in the 50/50 chance it does happen to work out of the box without the usual 4 month wait for updates to get it working, this is a huge upgrade....

I wonder too if there will be the opportunity to use two controllers & two pairs of goggles like Mavic Pro ????

I wonder
2018-5-8
Use props
djiuser_S20Y2Fothaia
lvl.1

United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-5-8 11:28
Stop carrying on.  Just cancel your order...

I went ahead and cancelled.  Awaiting confirmation email.  I hope this works...
2018-5-8
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

So, the regular P4P controller won't work on this,   correct?
2018-5-8
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_S20Y2Fothaia Posted at 2018-5-8 12:31
I went ahead and cancelled.  Awaiting confirmation email.  I hope this works...

You might of been first in the queue to receive a V2!

Obviously you ordered the current version, so they should have sent the current version, just a question of if they shipped it before or after they upgraded.  It is only a new version, not a new model...
2018-5-8
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Landbo Posted at 2018-5-8 12:13
However, I do not think the noise reduction so high on Phantom as on Mavic Pro due to the heavy engine arms and body.

Regards Leif.

Presumably they will rotate slower since they are 9455S instead of 9450S which presumably means they have more surface area as well as the low noise blade tips.  I guess most of the noise reduction is from the props, the ESC changes will just affect the high frequency motor whine that you can only hear from close range.

From the DJI Q&A:
"Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 and Phantom 4 Pro propellers are cross-compatible. However, Phantom 4 Pro propellers (9450S) are less aerodynamic and louder than Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 propellers (9455S propellers). "
2018-5-8
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-5-8 05:31
Yes, but are they officially compatible?

I noticed that the specs are a little different, for example the maximum rotation rate in sports mode is slower on the P4P V2, maybe with the new propellers it falls out of the sky if it rotates as fast as my P4 with standard props...

The store shows them as being compatible with the new P4 Pro V 2.0,  also the P4 Pro and P4 Advanced.

Jeff
2018-5-8
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-5-8 12:36
So, the regular P4P controller won't work on this,   correct?

Per the ad on the store "The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 and Phantom 4 Pro + V2.0 Controllers are not compatible with the Phantom 4 Pro."

At one point it describes the controller uses "Ocusync video transmission"

Jeff
2018-5-8
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-5-8 12:57
Presumably they will rotate slower since they are 9455S instead of 9450S which presumably means they have more surface area as well as the low noise blade tips.  I guess most of the noise reduction is from the props, the ESC changes will just affect the high frequency motor whine that you can only hear from close range.

From the DJI Q&A:

Yes, it is made in the same manner as with the new props for Mavic Pro. However, the tips are slightly different on the props here.

Regards Leif.
2018-5-8
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13925922 ft
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-8 03:00

Interesting that DJI does not consider the P4P 2.0 important enough for an official announcement here.
Or did I miss something?
2018-5-8
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Landbo Posted at 2018-5-8 13:45
Yes, it is made in the same manner as with the new props for Mavic Pro. However, the tips are slightly different on the props here.

Regards Leif.

The blades are longer, so the blade tips will be moving faster even if the props rotate the same speed.
2018-5-8
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>

I just love how companies are covering up bug fixes by releasing new versions with "new features" instead of admitting them, and how people always buys it...
I believe the policy is, never ever admit anything, unless they can prove it ;)
2018-5-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

CineView Media Posted at 2018-5-8 14:28
I just love how companies are covering up bug fixes by releasing new versions with "new features" instead of admitting them, and how people always buys it...
I believe the policy is, never ever admit anything, unless they can prove it ;)

I note the way some here are always convinced of ridiculous conspiracy theories that can't be supported by any verifiable facts.

2018-5-8
Use props
DanielTheRider
lvl.4
United States

It has a gold emblem! That's new!
2018-5-8
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Haven't noticed a FW update to recalibrate the ESC's like they did on the MP when the 8331's were introduced.
2018-5-8
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-5-8 12:21
I wonder too if there will be the opportunity to use two controllers & two pairs of goggles like Mavic Pro ????

I wonder

Well, it remains to be seen if it'll work with even one controller and one pair of goggles yet, so let's see if it clears that hurdle first . I intend to wait a while and see what the bug situation is first - which you should always do with DJI stuff in general of course. If it's not too bad, I might eventually go for one of these since I use the goggles full time with everything I fly. My existing P4P still works pretty good, though, so not in a huge hurry.
2018-5-8
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

kykphantom Posted at 2018-5-8 04:53
Yes they are compatible.

But it says noise reduction is not the same as V2
2018-5-8
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

luciens Posted at 2018-5-8 05:47
Are you kidding? . This one uses Ocusync, which is an enormous upgrade from Lightbridge. Specifically, it'll allow using the DJI goggles wirelessly like with the Mavic Pro, if my understanding of the FAQ is correct. So no more hacking the firmware and dealing with plugging and unplugging. Or tearing up your transmitter with a crappy HDMI module for $100 that has more latency and crappier resolution. So you can use the goggles now so you can actually frame a shot without having to rely on a tiny, crappy little invisible tablet or smart phone - you just use that for telemetry and managing settings and you can forget it while you're doing your actual work FPV with the goggles, like you're supposed to ...

Both ocusync and lightbridge have the same distance spec.
2018-5-8
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 2018-5-8 19:22
Both ocusync and lightbridge have the same distance spec.

But as I said, ocusync allows using the goggles wirelessly, so you can run them and a tablet/smartphone at the same time which was not possible with the old Lightbridge equipped machine. Huge, huge upgrade in the usefulness of the P4P overall....
2018-5-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules