Why are so many differences between the Android and IOS app?
2147 21 2018-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rikk08
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

Was going to put this in the Service section but since I'm a mavic pro owner here goes my rambling (sorry in advance).
I used to be an iPhone user for a long time until my iPhone died on my for no reason and I've changed to Android now.

I am wondering why the ios app is WAYY more stable and faster than the android app? Today I used both after each other. Android app on my smartphone and iOS app on my iPad and let me tell you the iOS is way smoother, never crashes and doesn't have disconnection problems like the Android app does. Any ideas why this is? Even the design and the menu style is a bit different...

I'm not basing the above on just a single use of the app btw. Been using the both apps for way more than 6 months and I really wish/hope DJI would improve the DJI GO 4 on Android as I'm tired of all the disconnections with the aircraft, crashing of app and all the other problems. I'm using an LG V30 smartphone so it is powerful enough to run the app and I always close all the other apps before using the DJI GO4 and but the phone in aeroplane mode. The only thing I live better on Android is the new maps which enable you to view the map offline unlike on iOS.
2018-5-8
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

It's strange I have not had once trouble with my Samsung S7.
What port on the controller do you use? If you use the one on left side you need at least new cable or better use the usb port on controller.
2018-5-8
Use props
rikk08
Captain
  • >>>
Malta

G_Sig Posted at 2018-5-8 07:52
It's strange I have not had once trouble with my Samsung S7.
What port on the controller do you use? If you yse the one on left side you need at least new cable or better use the usb port on controller.

using the usb type c cable..the original one that comes with the controller..you think it might be a cable issue?
2018-5-8
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

rikk08 Posted at 2018-5-8 07:56
using the usb type c cable..the original one that comes with the controller..you think it might be a cable issue?

It's  not the best cable you can get. Use the USB port and cable from your phone.
2018-5-8
Use props
rikk08
Captain
  • >>>
Malta

G_Sig Posted at 2018-5-8 09:17
It's  not the best cable you can get. Use the USB port and cable from your phone.

Will give it a try..thanks
2018-5-8
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

So, as an android user, i was not aware of the differences between the devices, however, i have not had disconnect or crashing problems with my app.  I agree that your phone should have enough power to run it.  I'm running my app on an old Samsung Note 4 Edge.  It no longer has mobile service on it so i thought it would be a good 1 app device.

As i said, i'm not running into any issues with mine, but here are the recommendations i was given when i started with my device.  

Make sure device is in airplane mode.
Close all other apps

I also had a better experience when i put a faster SD card in the phone.  I'm not sure why, as i had turned off local caching, but it did make a difference.  So much so, that i've turned back on caching and local record.
2018-5-8
Use props
eried
Second Officer
Flight distance : 661362 ft
Norway

Which iPhone were you using back then?

If you compare for example the Iphone 8 https://www.kimovil.com/en/apple-iphone-8/antutu with the LG https://www.kimovil.com/en/lg-v30/antutu you can see the reason, even against an iphone 7/7s
2018-5-8
Use props
rikk08
Captain
  • >>>
Malta

eried Posted at 2018-5-8 09:28
Which iPhone were you using back then?

If you compare for example the Iphone 8 https://www.kimovil.com/en/apple-iphone-8/antutu with the LG https://www.kimovil.com/en/lg-v30/antutu you can see the reason, even against an iphone 7/7s

iPhone 6s Plus...and I've got an iPad Air 2 now but since it's too big I don't always carry it around
2018-5-8
Use props
rikk08
Captain
  • >>>
Malta

3-D Posted at 2018-5-8 09:27
So, as an android user, i was not aware of the differences between the devices, however, i have not had disconnect or crashing problems with my app.  I agree that your phone should have enough power to run it.  I'm running my app on an old Samsung Note 4 Edge.  It no longer has mobile service on it so i thought it would be a good 1 app device.

As i said, i'm not running into any issues with mine, but here are the recommendations i was given when i started with my device.  

Always closing all apps and making sure it is in airplane mode. I don't use any sd card as phone has an internal 128gb of storage..

Will try a different usb type c cable though as some here suggested maybe that will fix all the issues..
2018-5-8
Use props
Rob.01A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 128888 ft
Netherlands

I am also an Android user Samsung S8 (phone) and Lenovo tab 4 8 plus (tablet) never have any issues or hanging of the apps DJI GO 4 or Litchi.
Phone is running on Android 8.0.0 and tablet Android 7.1.0

Both connected true center USB
2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

rikk08 Posted at 2018-5-8 09:45
Always closing all apps and making sure it is in airplane mode. I don't use any sd card as phone has an internal 128gb of storage..

Will try a different usb type c cable though as some here suggested maybe that will fix all the issues..

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. That's ok, please try a different USB cable and let us know the update. Thanks!
2018-5-8
Use props
rikk08
Captain
  • >>>
Malta

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-8 23:53
Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. That's ok, please try a different USB cable and let us know the update. Thanks!

From what I've seeing that could be the issue. Will try it out and let you know. Thanks
2018-5-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

rikk08 Posted at 2018-5-9 04:02
From what I've seeing that could be the issue. Will try it out and let you know. Thanks

That's ok, hope everything will be fine soon.
2018-5-11
Use props
rikk08
Captain
  • >>>
Malta

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-11 03:21
That's ok, hope everything will be fine soon.

Tried using the original cable that came with my smartphone but I still had 2 disconnects in 3 flights :s :s

I've also experience a horrible gimbal tilt in the last flight (but this could be due to not taking off from level ground and windy conditions)
2018-5-21
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

I know it is Cliche but DJI drones were more built for apple than android as it clearly states this on the back of the box of my Mavic Pro "Made for iPhone".  As far as the specifics not sure I just know that android seems to need more ram to be able to handle what IOS apple devices can easier.  Their code seems to be more IOS than android friendly.
2018-5-21
Use props
Raincast
First Officer
Flight distance : 135633 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have not noticed crashes and disconnects. I had some lag problems on the software before so usually I restart my phone before I fire up my drone just to be sure.
2018-5-21
Use props
notjames
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41296 ft
France

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-8 23:53

So Diana you are implying that the DJI cable is rubbish .... .. I don't buy this .. for 10 cm of cable anything would do ..

If this really is an issue then DJI should replace all of our cables.

For the record I use an Honor 8 pro .( USB C) with no problems .. IMHO these issues are related to old phone hardware ..or set up .. ie not shutting down the phone 3G / 4G  otherwise known as airplane mode.

A+
Ol
2018-5-21
Use props
rikk08
Captain
  • >>>
Malta

notjames Posted at 2018-5-21 08:29
So Diana you are implying that the DJI cable is rubbish .... .. I don't buy this .. for 10 cm of cable anything would do ..

If this really is an issue then DJI should replace all of our cables.

My phone is actually one of the latest..I'm using an LG V30+  so I doubt it's a hardware issue from my end at least
2018-5-21
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-21 08:20
I know it is Cliche but DJI drones were more built for apple than android as it clearly states this on the back of the box of my Mavic Pro "Made for iPhone".  As far as the specifics not sure I just know that android seems to need more ram to be able to handle what IOS apple devices can easier.  Their code seems to be more IOS than android friendly.

I know it is Cliche but DJI drones were more built for apple than android
Guessing DJI's software developers don't yet know DJI's CrystalSky is Android based...

2018-5-21
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Raincast Posted at 2018-5-21 08:24
I have not noticed crashes and disconnects. I had some lag problems on the software before so usually I restart my phone before I fire up my drone just to be sure.

Wondering about that.  
How many pilots not having problems power-cycle or reboot their Android device before next flying session?
2018-5-21
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-21 08:52
I know it is Cliche but DJI drones were more built for apple than android
Guessing DJI's software developers don't yet know DJI's CrystalSky is Android based...

Very true but obviously they built it for their drones Just saying that more so there seems to be issues with android devices than IOS.  
2018-5-21
Use props
Koelkop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22814806 ft
South Africa

I use a Samsung s6. So far I have not experienced the app crashing, however I have had it say aircraft disconnected about 6 times so far. Every time it did that I switched the RC off and back on, once it connected with the drone again all was well, I did not touch the cable simply restarting the RC fixed it.
2018-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules