Question on files saved on iphone by DJI GO!
1260 6 2018-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0dcea0f6
lvl.1

I saved a panoramic photo with my osmo mobile 2 from the DJI GO application to my iphone but I noticed that the file size is only 1.6mb small.
I tried to do the same photo with the native iPhone app photocara and I get a file of 11.8mb!
the quality of the panoramic poto on the DJI GO app is set to high!
Why this big difference?

2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

This is normal, the stitched Pano by DJI Go APP has been compressed, it could be smaller than the signal unstitched picture.
2018-5-10
Use props
fans0dcea0f6
lvl.1

the program makes 27 photos in hd all from about 5mb, but in the processing of the panorama photo creates a photo of only 1.9 mg that compared to a panorama made with the camera app of the iPhone X is of poor quality, in fact if you enlarge the two photos your is grainy.
It's as if your app created a preview and not a true panoramic photo, I also tried with other apps using the iPhone app and all of them elaborate a picture in HD of about 12 mb with very high details!
your app does not create a true overview but a simple stretched photo in fact its resolution is 5027x1303 against the 13622x3628 of the iPhone camera app.
2018-5-10
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-10 01:46
This is normal, the stitched Pano by DJI Go APP has been compressed, it could be smaller than the signal unstitched picture.

Hi Mindy,

I think this lack of resolution is my biggest disappointment with the OM2. Sure I can save the individual files and stitch them in a 3rd party app, but as I see it this defeats the purpose of taking panos with the OM2, and certainly makes things much more inconvenient. The advertising material for the OM2 includes the following "Reveal a Bigger World with Panoramas" but nowhere is it mentioned that the resulting panoramas will be significant smaller than a single native image taken on the phone. You can take a panorama with OM2, but I think the statement is misleading.
2018-5-10
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Out of interest, I just stitched a 9 x 3 pano taken using OM2 and an iPhone 6. The panorama produced by the DJI Go app measures 4987 x 1256 and has a size of 1.2Mb, it did a reasonable job of stitching the scene, but has some problems aligning lens distorted verticals and horizontals. The "manually" stitched image (using Photoshop CC 2018, which did a far better job of stitching the images) after cropping dead space etc. measures 14537 x 3607, and is 8.1Mb in size. Whilst I can understand that the DJI Go app is limited by the host phone's processing power/memory etc., the compression applied seems to be severe and doesn't allow the OM2 to be used to its full potential. Hopefully the DJI engineers will look into this and upsize the stitched panorama results in a future software version.
2018-5-10
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

IMO this is the biggest issue with the OM2. I am happy with its functionality and performance in all other areas, but panoramas are a big let-down
2018-5-10
Use props
fans0dcea0f6
lvl.1

forbsie Posted at 2018-5-10 19:17
IMO this is the biggest issue with the OM2. I am happy with its functionality and performance in all other areas, but panoramas are a big let-down

the panoramic photo in automatic is the main function for which I bought osm2 so I am very disappointed too!
I also sent a message to the official support, they told me about space problems, and I told him it is not correct to call them panoramic photos then the resolution of an overview in all phones, cameras etc. it's about 13000x3500 yours is a simple crushed picture! if you want to do this for space or not the panoramic calls or you have to give the option of choice to the user if he wants a photo "panorama effect" or a real panoramic photo!
2018-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules