[Video] Loss of control - How read logs in DJI Goggles ?
3925 27 2018-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cyril-Fr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106552 ft
France

Hello,  Today I flew on my usual spot. Unfortunately, I lost control of the drone in flight.  I was flying with the DJI Goggles, I do not know if my drone must return to the after sales service, I would like to consult the logs and transmit them to DJI to open a ticket.  I no longer trust this drone, I would like a DJI technician to tell me if I can fly with it again or return it to DJI?  Here is the video of the flight:   In advance thank you for your help.
2018-5-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Don’t think there is anyway to check logs using goggles, you will have to submit them to dji, might be best to try contact a moderator here .
2018-5-8
Use props
Cyril-Fr
lvl.2
France

I realize that there are more and more pilots with similar problems. This seems related to the last patch. A way to downgrade the firmware?
2018-5-8
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

Is the firmware upgrade to last version and fly on S mode?
2018-5-8
Use props
Cyril-Fr
lvl.2
France

Yes I'm in 0400 firmware and I fly in S mode while he begin the "dance of death".
2018-5-9
Use props
Cyril-Fr
lvl.2
France

When I connect DJI Goggles to DJI assistant I found an option for "export logs". But I don't know where on my computer. I must understand it's an "export logs to DJI only" button?
2018-5-9
Use props
asaw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1672566 ft
Russia

Saw a very similar case today myself. It was windy, but not excessively windy (I saw only yellow warnings but not the red one suggesting to return home ASAP because of wind which I had seen before). My dad was flying and I was overseeing. He flew normally for more than 11 minutes, then decided to head home. He turned around and then it all started. He didn't notice at once that something was not going well so I pressed the RTH button at some point which Mavic obeyed and headed home:
Here is the log (the fragment on the video starts at ~ 11m 13s): http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/8H1T5B9F3TVJ30T5PQIX/
Note that after RTH had been initiated drone started drifting north-eastwards which was against the wind.
2018-5-9
Use props
Cyril-Fr
lvl.2
France

Damned, it's look like similar than me. When I contact DJI support they say "send it back for full checking". But we all know there is a link with 0400 firmware.. We probably must wait more guys encounter the problem.
2018-5-9
Use props
asaw
lvl.4
Russia

Yes, I am on .0400 too... Flown many times on it already, and two more flights on that day in the same location - all was good. The only thing I did before flying there was compass calibration. And after the first attempt to calibrate it I got a strange "navigation error" which prevented the aircraft from taking off, although compass calibration itself had gone perfectly. So I did another calibration right away and after that was able to fly without any issues. The issue on video happened on the following flight. And after that flight, I flew one more time there without any issues (I didn't recalibrate compass).
2018-5-9
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am on the 0100 fw and now I refuse to update after issues that seem to be ignored by DJI devs.
Also, be sure to calibrate IMU and Compass after an update if that is what you choose to do.
2018-5-10
Use props
asaw
lvl.4
Russia

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-5-10 03:00
I am on the 0100 fw and now I refuse to update after issues that seem to be ignored by DJI devs.
Also, be sure to calibrate IMU and Compass after an update if that is what you choose to do.

I am now thinking that this case had nothing to do with flowing water, moving ice or VPS as was suggested in the topic. So staying on old software is not a guarantee against such trouble.

By the way, I did calibrate the IMU right after the update to .0400.
2018-5-10
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

Send them the log from the drone, it has all the data needed.
2018-5-10
Use props
Cyril-Fr
lvl.2
France

How can I send logs ? I use DJI Goggles when "dance of death" happend.
2018-5-10
Use props
asaw
lvl.4
Russia

Cyril-Fr Posted at 2018-5-10 05:54
How can I send logs ? I use DJI Goggles when "dance of death" happend.

I think they meant connecting the MA to a computer via USB and retrieving the ".DAT" logs right from the aircraft with the help of DJI Assistant 2. These logs, in theory, contain more information than those on the mobile device such as Goggles. But I personally won't install DJI Assistant because of this: https://forum.dji.com/thread-135439-1-3.html
2018-5-10
Use props
asaw
lvl.4
Russia

I have been thinking about these cases for the last couple of days and now have an assumption: could this have been some aerodynamics-related effect like the Vortex Ring State and our MAs reacting to it (in this case a question arises why there were no warnings in the log about the autopilot taking evasive action)?

Something like this (at 3:40):
2018-5-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Cyril-Fr Posted at 2018-5-9 05:21
When I connect DJI Goggles to DJI assistant I found an option for "export logs". But I don't know where on my computer. I must understand it's an "export logs to DJI only" button?

Hi, there. Please export the flight data and the black box if users encounter the same problem as the op, we would like to help. And the data will be forwarded for analysis. You can upload it to dropbox and post the link here for further check. Please take this video as reference. Thanks for your support.

2018-5-13
Use props
Cyril-Fr
lvl.2
France

Haven't blackbox option on my Mavic air (I use the lastest DJI assitant 2). I just send DAT files to the support. I hope i will get an answer now .
2018-5-14
Use props
Cyril-Fr
lvl.2
France

No answer from DJI 15 days after sending logs..
2018-5-25
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

asaw Posted at 2018-5-12 04:12
I have been thinking about these cases for the last couple of days and now have an assumption: could this have been some aerodynamics-related effect like the Vortex Ring State and our MAs reacting to it (in this case a question arises why there were no warnings in the log about the autopilot taking evasive action)?

Something like this (at 3:40):

My mavic air threw a tantrum very much like this today, and that was the first time I have ever seen it.

The event does not show much in the video recording because of the gimbal, but the craft acted like it was caught in a severe prop wash (even it was high up) and then started drifting to one side.  I clicked the pause button multiple times and MA eventually responded halting in it's place. Everything was fine after that.

When I checked the flight record, I saw a lost signal warning at the very same moment, but funny enough the aircraft was not far away or obstructed by anything at all...

Needless to say, I am on .0400

2018-5-26
Use props
asaw
lvl.4
Russia

CemAygun Posted at 2018-5-26 04:16
My mavic air threw a tantrum very much like this today, and that was the first time I have ever seen it.

The event does not show much in the video recording because of the gimbal, but the craft acted like it was caught in a severe prop wash (even it was high up) and then started drifting to one side.  I clicked the pause button multiple times and MA eventually responded halting in it's place. Everything was fine after that.

Very interesting. According to the manual, all what the pause button does when not in a smart mode is it engages emergency braking in P-GPS or OPTI mode. And that seems to have helped in your case.
2018-5-27
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

asaw Posted at 2018-5-27 00:48
Very interesting. According to the manual, all what the pause button does when not in a smart mode is it engages emergency braking in P-GPS or OPTI mode. And that seems to have helped in your case.

Well, might be just a coincidence as I kept clicking on it until I saw some response....

When I upload the the flight record it shows that the connection was lost for 1.2 seconds, but does not mention anything about the pause button intervention.

Funny enough, that weird, irregular prop stutter felt like it went on much longer than that. Maybe it was just me, but I thought MA was going to drop out of the sky. I flew another 5 minutes after that at the exact same location and it was rock solid...

PS: I was in tripod mode when this happened by the way, if that matters (sorry, forgot to mention)...
2018-5-27
Use props
Cyril-Fr
lvl.2
France

Another new mavic air near crash after 0400 :

Dji, we MUST can rollback or refund this please.
2018-5-28
Use props
Cyril-Fr
lvl.2
France

Now, always no answer from DJI 25 days after sending logs..
2018-6-2
Use props
Cyril-Fr
lvl.2
France

Any answer from DJI please ??
2018-6-3
Use props
Cyril-Fr
lvl.2
France

In 2 days, there is 1 month I contact DJI without any answer.. Nice customer support.
2018-6-7
Use props
camxwestdji
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125942 ft
United States

Hi All,

I have also joined the "Lost control of my Mavic Air and it flew away" club.

My story and video of the incident is here:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=151662

How can I check the firmware version that was on the drone?

Cheers!
Cameron
2018-6-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Cyril-Fr Posted at 2018-6-7 13:08
In 2 days, there is 1 month I contact DJI without any answer.. Nice customer support.

Did you receive an answer yet?
2018-6-12
Use props
Cyril-Fr
lvl.2
France

We approch 2 month without any answer from DJI... My MA taking dust.
2018-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules