Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery volatge
630 11 2018-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jiri.82
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66759 ft
Czechia

Hello,
I have a problem with batteries in Inspire 2.
From the beginning, there is a bigger difference between individual battery cells.
I, on the recommendation of the Dji Support, drained the battery to 5% and recharged again, but the problem persists. Now battery # 2 is from 4.28 V to 4.23 volts.
Voltage is for battery No. 1: 25.62 V and Number 2: 25.63 V.
I have the latest firmware firmware: V01.02.0100 and remote control firmware: V01.01.0010.
Will there be improvement after 72 hours? Can I try to charge up to 0%?

discharging the batteries to 5%

discharging the batteries to 5%

the state before discharging the batteries to 5%

the state before discharging the batteries to 5%

current status after charging

current status after charging
2018-5-8
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

So the first thing to say is.... read the notes for the software update and follow them.

Please Charge your batteries:  After you charge the batteries all the way to 100%  Now LET THEM SIT FOR 72 hours  the battery cells should stabilize after this.  Some have reported that it could take  up to 2 charge cycles after the 72 hour wait period  and you should be fine after that.

You also circled the red OA icon and this is normal. When the landing gear is down your OA is disabled (red). nothing to do with your batteries

All the best
Rich
2018-5-8
Use props
jiri.82
lvl.2
Czechia

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-5-8 19:35
So the first thing to say is.... read the notes for the software update and follow them.

Please Charge your batteries:  After you charge the batteries all the way to 100%  Now LET THEM SIT FOR 72 hours  the battery cells should stabilize after this.  Some have reported that it could take  up to 2 charge cycles after the 72 hour wait period  and you should be fine after that.

Thank you very much for your advice. Can not the battery discharge badly at 0% to shut down the aircraft? Is it safe to fly with a difference between individual articles, which is on the picture of 8 May? Of course I will wait 72 hours, but I ask if it does not improve.
2018-5-8
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

jiri.82 Posted at 2018-5-8 20:17
Thank you very much for your advice. Can not the battery discharge badly at 0% to shut down the aircraft? Is it safe to fly with a difference between individual articles, which is on the picture of 8 May? Of course I will wait 72 hours, but I ask if it does not improve.

You do not want to fly your  inspire 2 with a bad battery. Your battery cells need time to balance out once again. You can fly to 50% and recharge to see if the cells are even again after you wait the 72 hours. Please check first and go from there.

Rich
2018-5-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

It is not recommended to fly the drone if there is any error with the battery. The latest firmware has optimized the cell voltage balance. Please do not fully discharge the battery until it powers off, you just need to fully charge the battery and then leave it alone for at least 72 hours until it balances.
2018-5-9
Use props
jiri.82
lvl.2
Czechia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-9 23:49
It is not recommended to fly the drone if there is any error with the battery. The latest firmware has optimized the cell voltage balance. Please do not fully discharge the battery until it powers off, you just need to fully charge the battery and then leave it alone for at least 72 hours until it balances.

do I have to recharge the battery up to 5%? i have a battery just to drain a little bit?
I apologize for the queries, I want to be sure.
2018-5-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

jiri.82 Posted at 2018-5-10 00:17
do I have to recharge the battery up to 5%? i have a battery just to drain a little bit?
I apologize for the queries, I want to be sure.

If the battery was stored when it was fully charged, do not do anything. please wait patiently.
2018-5-10
Use props
jiri.82
lvl.2
Czechia

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-5-9 22:01
You do not want to fly your  inspire 2 with a bad battery. Your battery cells need time to balance out once again. You can fly to 50% and recharge to see if the cells are even again after you wait the 72 hours. Please check first and go from there.

Rich

how can I drain the battery for 50% otherwise than flying with a dron?
the batteries are not safe to discharge on the plane.
can I rotate the propellers on the ground? I do not want to destroy my precious dron. thank you very much.
2018-5-10
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

jiri.82 Posted at 2018-5-10 11:57
how can I drain the battery for 50% otherwise than flying with a dron?
the batteries are not safe to discharge on the plane.
can I rotate the propellers on the ground? I do not want to destroy my precious dron. thank you very much.

you can run the aircraft inside with propellers off until you reach 50%
2018-5-10
Use props
jiri.82
lvl.2
Czechia

mixchief Posted at 2018-5-10 12:05
you can run the aircraft inside with propellers off until you reach 50%

prefer to go inside rather than outdoors without taking off?
2018-5-10
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>

jiri.82 Posted at 2018-5-10 12:08
prefer to go inside rather than outdoors without taking off?

its going to take a while to wear the battery down running the craft without flying, you of course can fly it for 7 minutes or so, usually when I'm messing with battery levels I don't fly and I do it indoors while I can do other things
2018-5-10
Use props
jiri.82
lvl.2
Czechia

mixchief Posted at 2018-5-10 21:42
its going to take a while to wear the battery down running the craft without flying, you of course can fly it for 7 minutes or so, usually when I'm messing with battery levels I don't fly and I do it indoors while I can do other things

Thank you very much!!! valuable advice!! today I checked the battery voltage in dji go 4 app and the batteries show different charging cycles (three and four).
Will this bug fix? It's alright? Is this a common phenomenon? I'm still waiting and I'm going to charge the batteries for 50% today and then charge again. (Is it really 50% not 5%?)
2018-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules