strange dots on lens?
532 4 2018-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EddieHedlund
lvl.1
Sweden

Hello everyone,

yesterday i posted about a problem i have with my new mavic but i felt like i got misunderstood so im going to try again today and hopefully i will explain it better.

This is the absolute first pic i took with my drone right after take off and later on when i was looking closer at the pictures on my computer i found that there are some strange dots on some of the pictures taken, see my uploaded picture below with the dots marked  with red arrows. Im not talking about the big round flares but the small dots. It only happens when strong light is coming from a certain angle, but still this shouldnt happen, right?

In this picture the protective dome is not on, there is nothing visible on the lens as ive checked it 10 times closely and even polished it with the correct kind of cloth but it has no effect.

fläckar lins första bild.jpg

Ill add a picture of the camera lens to show you all that its looks fine and that there is nothing covering it and im still getting the dots in my pictures.
Like i said the dome has not been on during any shots taken and ive polished the lens with the right type of cloth without any result.
Whats causing this? Does anyone know? Thank you
bild på lins.jpg

2018-5-8
Use props
BluesDragon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634291 ft

https://forum.dji.com/thread-147386-1-1.html

Try responding to your original post and you may get the answers you're looking for... just sayin'.
2018-5-8
Use props
METROID
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105741 ft
Russia

It looks like lighting problem, because it is a reflection from the object-glass case before lens.

On the second thought, looking at the black upper right corner, is it crop or full photo? Is it possible that camera lens is not properly aligned inside the case?
2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, as the floor 2# mentioned, please check the update on your original post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-147386-1-1.html, thanks!
2018-5-8
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Yup it looks like the first part of item 2) on my response to your original post. Basically 'Newton's rings' coming from dust specks caught in the laminate front glass of the camera. Not much you can do about that apart from get it exchanged for another drone. For comparison check if you see these specks/Newton's rings when filming an ordinary day lit scene. I'd hazard a guess that they will not be so obvious.
2018-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules