Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air Motor Help Please
1196 5 2018-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansae0efcde
lvl.1
Flight distance : 96690 ft

I’m a new drone pilot - and this is my first post on the DJI Forum.

I checked over my Mavic Air tonight, now that it’s had it’s first few hours in the air.

I spun all four motors with props still attached, in both clockwise and anti-clockwise directions whilst the aircraft was switched off.

The resistance in three of the motors is about the same, one motor has a bit more resistance (enough to notice).

I’ve had no issues in flight and no warning messages.

Has anyone else experienced this variation between motors? I’m worried I have a lemon of a motor that could fail me in the future.

Thanks in advance.
2018-5-8
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Just check and make sure there is no debris in the motor, the little resistance you feel is the magnets as you rotate the prop, doesn't sound like anything to worry about, especially if you are not getting any error messages in the app.
2018-5-8
Use props
fansae0efcde
lvl.1

Thanks for the reply - is it normal to have a bit of variation?
2018-5-8
Use props
METROID
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105741 ft
Russia

fansae0efcde Posted at 2018-5-8 16:01

Yes, a slight variation is normal.
2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fansae0efcde Posted at 2018-5-8 16:01

Please keep close attention to the notifications from the DJI GO4 app, if there is an issue, there will be an error message on the DJI GO4 app to let you know that. So if there is no error message, then you don't need to worry so much. Thanks!  
2018-5-8
Use props
TheScottishDronePilot
lvl.1

In addition I set the aircraft to over for ten minutes, on landing I felt each motor. The motor in question appeared a little hotter than the other three motors.
2018-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules