Major problems after trying to update my p4 Please help.
2048 31 2018-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jcrane84
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4600 ft

I updated my ac then i couldn't find the update for the rc just a blank screen.  So idowngraded my rc to the oldest version.  Still can't find the rc update.  Please help.  Now my ac won't connect to my rc. My rc just flashes at me.  Any suggestions?
2018-5-8
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Were you prompted to do the update by the App? It will only allow RC update if required.
2018-5-8
Use props
Jcrane84
lvl.2

yes I was so I did the update for my ac but now my rc won't update and it says the ac version is unavailable
2018-5-8
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Jcrane84 Posted at 2018-5-8 16:21
yes I was so I did the update for my ac but now my rc won't update and it says the ac version is unavailable

I would try a factory reset using Assistant 2 then install the latest FW version. If the RC requires an update it will prompt you after you complete the AC FW update. Make sure you have at least 50-60% battery available.
2018-5-8
Use props
Jcrane84
lvl.2

When I'm in the go app it says I need a firmware upgrade but when I go into update its a blank screen
2018-5-8
Use props
Jcrane84
lvl.2

Tried to do a factory reset and when I go into assistant 2 it says it cannot read my firmware and factory reset failed
2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, please turn off the RC, hold the C1, C2, Record button and toggle the ISO dial at the same time, then turn on the RC, and connect it with APP to update from overall status and see whether it works.
2018-5-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Jcrane84 Posted at 2018-5-8 16:21

For the latest (02.00.0700) aircraft update to work correctly the RC had to be at least at V1.9.2 (latest is V1.9.3) to allow the RC to communicate properly with the RC.
When you say the RC is flashing at you, is that the first LED flashing red/green ? If so try the following (Note that the P4 RC does not update via Assistant 2).

With RC and display connected (aircraft off), and display has a good wifi connection to internet. Run DJI Go 4 and 'enter device'. Open the 'aircraft status' screen by tapping the screen at top edge where it says 'disconnected'. The top line 'Overall Status' should show if update required (this may take a few seconds to appear). If it does then tap on that and it should take you through the process to update RC. That may make the difference to your display.

You may also need to relink the RC to aircraft if you've not already tried that.
2018-5-10
Use props
Jcrane84
lvl.2

I Tried the c1 c2 and toggle Susan it did nothing.  Ardvarki also tried what you said.  When I goo into the overall status it says I need An update but it goes into a blank screen when I tap on the red exclamation
2018-5-10
Use props
proimages
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft

I have the same issue and two drones were forced into this update and two RC are no longer able to work with the drones. I believe they are P3P remotes that were sold as P4 Remotes and now can't be upgraded. This is a real issue and I've been taken out of business for two days now lost a dozen hours or more trying to lock this down. Please DJI at least let us downgrade the drone, this is crazy.

Not only am I stuck in same loop as above, but it will ask you update drone then say it at the latest, then limit flight to 30 meters..
2018-5-10
Use props
Jcrane84
lvl.2
Canada

Yes this is getting crazy I just want to fly
2018-5-10
Use props
Kellycarnwood
lvl.1
Flight distance : 312 ft

Yup, Same problem exactly with 2 p-4's, I also have a P4 pro updated with no problem. The SN shows up for the RC on the pro version, the SN for the RC does not show up on the P4 version.
The receiver light on the Drone show solid green the receiver light on the RC flashes red/green.
The go4 app shows a blank screen on the update page after prompting for an update.

Please help
2018-5-10
Use props
Jcrane84
lvl.2
Canada

Yes this is happening to do many people it seems
2018-5-10
Use props
Kellycarnwood
lvl.1

one other clue, the RC for P4 is recognized by DJI Assistant-2 as a controller, the RC for the P4-Pro is not recognized by DJI Assistant-2.
2018-5-10
Use props
Kellycarnwood
lvl.1

I put in a request to the support people and they were very quick to reply and ask more questions, hope they will solve this soon.
2018-5-10
Use props
Highview
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14423 ft
Germany

Kellycarnwood Posted at 2018-5-10 11:52
I put in a request to the support people and they were very quick to reply and ask more questions, hope they will solve this soon.

Please let us know about the result - maybe that will help those with the same problem as well (like me). Thanks!
2018-5-10
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Jcrane84 Posted at 2018-5-10 04:53
I Tried the c1 c2 and toggle Susan it did nothing.  Ardvarki also tried what you said.  When I goo into the overall status it says I need An update but it goes into a blank screen when I tap on the red exclamation

There was a similar problem to this with iOS V4.1.18 of DJI Go 4, where the App' did not register that the RC needed updating. Although this seems to trip up at the next step.

One way round it was to load in DJI Go (for up to P3 series) and do the update with that, same process to get the RC to V1.9.3. Or use an Android device, basically just another version of DJI Go that would be able to complete the task.
2018-5-10
Use props
Jcrane84
lvl.2
Canada

I Tried to use the original go app for Android and it did not work either.  Something very wrong is happening here
2018-5-10
Use props
proimages
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft

Both my RC's were RMA today..I'm S.O.L on projects with main drone and back up down..thats confidence in my gear..not!!  
The locking and forcing of updates randomly is a bad situation and can damage a business.
The lack of downgrade options during an update is bad business, bad development planning and just bad everything!!!

One of the two RC's is two months out of warranty, is this also going to be forced equipment upgrades?
5 drones - 1 ronin and all its components replaced by DJI for firmware update issues...outside that great products.
Please build a software history into your products..this is not good for business!! I downloaded updates over and over and took up hours of support time.
20+ hours just to prove my devices were rendered useless in a forced update. Please respond?
2018-5-10
Use props
Kellycarnwood
lvl.1

Kellycarnwood Posted at 2018-5-10 11:52

The support team have recomended that I send the unit in for repair

Thank you for response.
We do appreciate your effort in providing a video indicates the issue.
Per checking the video, we highly suggest to send the unit for repair.
Because your are in United States, you can use our online repair request system to create a case by yourself and then send it in for service. Please follow the steps below:

1. To get started with the online repair request click: HERE
2. Log-in to your DJI account using your username and password.
3. Select your region and country.
4. Once you have entered all of the required information, you will receive a case number along with a shipping label.

Your patience and kind understanding is greatly appreciated.
Should you need any further information/assistance, please do not hesitate to reply to this email.

HERE = https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
The video I supplied is Here

2018-5-12
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Kellycarnwood Posted at 2018-5-12 03:57
The support team have recomended that I send the unit in for repair

Thank you for response.

Have you checked for RC update with aircraft switched off ? That is how I would do it. Initially you had aircraft connected to Assistant 2, you disconnected cable, but as far as I could see aircraft was on for the duration of your attempts to check for RC update. The 'three bars' menu is only used when rolling back to older version, which shouldn't be needed now as the aircraft firmware has evolved beyond a point where 1.8 would be useful.
2018-5-12
Use props
SecForce999
New

Ireland

Ok I'm very glad I found this thread!....

I went to update my P4 yesterday via the App, as it said a FW update was required. At 99% through the process, the App 'hung' (a common problem it seems).
I had to disconnect it. Ever since, the picture is jumbled up and with distorted pixels (it hasnt even taken off yet).

FIRST ISSUE:
I connected Assistant2 via PC and it connects to the AC, but the FW version shows current version as 0.00.00.
It shows me the latest FW in the list - so I select it & click 'update'.
It goes through the process, gets to 100% and says it was successful. But when I refresh the page, it still shows the 'Current FW: 0.00.00' and the picture is still distorted when I pair it back again with the RC.

SECOND ISSUE:
When I run GO4 App, it tells me an update is still required. So when I click on the warning / arrow, it brings me to an overview page which is BLANK (this is where the FW is supposed to be listed!).
So how am I supposed to update the FW if it doesn't show it??!

Someone PLEASE tell me my P4 isn't 'bricked', I only bought it last week and haven't even got to fly it!
(I also tried a downgrade, AND a factory restore, but both failed!).
Thanks
2018-5-12
Use props
SecForce999
New

Ireland

Just to add to the above:

When the AC is OFF and I connect the RC to the APP, it checks FW on opening and doesn't show any updates pending - so the RC FW must be ok.
It appears by this, that neither the RC, the APP, or the Assistant2 can read any FW on the AC.
Any help greatly appreciated. Surely it can't be that easy to brick a P4??
2018-5-12
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

SecForce999 Posted at 2018-5-12 14:02
Just to add to the above:

When the AC is OFF and I connect the RC to the APP, it checks FW on opening and doesn't show any updates pending - so the RC FW must be ok.

"so the RC FW must be ok."

That may be an incorrect assumption.

If your RC is not at least at V1.9.2 (V1.9.3 is latest). Then you will see distorted video as you describe.

The method you describe in 'Second Issue' is the correct method for updating RC. It looks like there is some sort of issue for some in updating. It may be a DJI server problem, or DJI Go 4, or firmware. Perhaps a combination of those.

Just as a thought, have you tried relinking RC to aircraft, in case that is causing any glitches.
2018-5-13
Use props
SecForce999
New

Ireland

The controller is on V1.8

Where do I get 1.9.2 (or 3), and how does one update the RC? (its the one without the screen - I can only see instructions online for updating the screen version or the pro).
Thanks
2018-5-13
Use props
SecForce999
New

Ireland

The 'Overall status' window is not showing any firmware updates... there must be a way to physically load the latest firmware onto it?
2018-5-13
Use props
SecForce999
New

Ireland

Ok managed to load the RC Firmware via this thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-120357-1-1.html
(Seriously DJI, you should be ashamed? - having to download an OLD app to update firmware?!)

Anyway, it didn't solve the camera issue...
Still pixelated and distorted.

It is also refusing to do an IMU calibration and keeps hanging?
2018-5-13
Use props
SecForce999
New

Ireland

OK, for anyone interested...
The Firmware update on the RC DID fix the camera afterall - just had to recycle power on AC 2 or 3 times. (Thanks to Aardvark for the info - and the other poster in the link, as to HOW to do it)).

The IMU calibration wasn't hanging in fact - it was just poor instructions in the App which should have ARROWS showing you to turn the bird on its side etc.... - I just thought they were stock images alternating, which I'm sure many others will get caught on too. So MOVE YOUR DRONE TO WHATS SHOWN IN THE PICTURE ON EACH STEP!!
2018-5-13
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

SecForce999 Posted at 2018-5-13 10:45
OK, for anyone interested...
The Firmware update on the RC DID fix the camera afterall - just had to recycle power on AC 2 or 3 times. (Thanks to Aardvark for the info - and the other poster in the link, as to HOW to do it)).

Perhaps a relink may have resolve the camera after the update completed.
You've now shown that the problem seems to lie with DJI Go 4 V4.2.14.
2018-5-13
Use props
Jcrane84
lvl.2

I tried this and it didn't work.  Still Same problems.  How do I get the new version of the app. The Google play store said I'm up to date with certain 4.2.14
2018-5-13
Use props
Kellycarnwood
lvl.1

Yup... so here is a good solution.... find a friend with a newer type of apple device I used my wifes brand new IPad... load the djigo4 app and start up like normal (you will be asked all the questions concerning security) then tap on the update area you will see a prompt to update....now it seems to be OK.  The DJI folks seem to be fussy about android devices and older apple devices it would not work with an older IPad.
2018-6-6
Use props
Kellycarnwood
lvl.1

from DJI Support approved devices

Jhenirose (Support)
6月7日 CST00:19
Hi Lorne,

Good day.

Thank you for reaching DJI Technical Support.
It is good to hear that the issue was already been resolved.
For more information regarding to the compatible list of mobile devices for future use are the following:

iOS Version v4.2.12.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus.

Android Version v4.2.8.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S8, Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20.

Should you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to reach us at support.us@dji.com . We're always happy to help wherever we can!

Thank you again for your time!
You will receive an email survey two days after this email if not responded.
If you happen to be away and won’t be able to answer this email timely, please disregard the survey and reply to us directly.
Best regards,
Jhenirose
DJI Technical Support

2018-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules