United States

http://www.theguardian.com/techn ... ng-drones-in-cities
2015-5-11
Use props
moxy149
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1220797 ft
United Kingdom

It looks like the Idiots are  giving the rest of us a bad press, and I personally hope the fool feels the full weight of the Law.
2015-5-11
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

i'm a long time pilot and have to agree.  the first drone idiot that brings down a plane/helicopter will unfortunately get off which will create a knee jerk reaction.  i've attended only a few meetings of "drone enthusiasts" and an alarmingly large percentage of the questions are from people who want to fly too high or in areas that will endanger aircraft.  good pilots will not be able to police idiot pilots of drones, so sorry.  seriouly, one idiot at the LA/CO drone meetup was pissed and wanted to fly at 1000 feet over the ballona wetlands; the exact place that airlines fly when they do a go around at LAX from the north runway.  F**k that and f**k him.  These regulations that only make my pilot's license more valuable.  gracias.  
2015-5-11
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

I think we should get rid of private pilots. Drones are much safer than small aircraft. No one has ever been killed by a quadcopter. Quite a few commerical jets have been brought down by impacts with private aircraft. None have been brought down by a drone and given the choice between running into a Cesna or a Phantom, I know which I would pick.
2015-5-12
Use props
dmbandx
lvl.1

United States

It's getting worse: Chicago's now considering legislation that requires a permit to fly drones--camera or not--within the city. Reasons cited are "annoying people in general", that they can crash into each other, or fall "hundreds of feet from the sky". If it passes, it goes into effect immediately.

I don't know if I attribute this to curmudgeons complaining, one bad apple, or the city looking to make a few extra bucks. Maybe all three.
2015-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules