3274 14 2018-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft
Netherlands

Good morning everyone!

I was thiinking about visiting Kinderdijk today, close to rotterdam. it's a famous site where you have a beautiful view of the Dutch windmills and the sunset. I looked for information about how safe and legal was to fly in the area but I couldn't find much so I asked Kinderdijk directly and they answered me that the area is natura2000 so I cannot fly the drone.

Now, with that information I searched online and it's true that it's a restricted and protected area, but it shows NOWHERE in any drone map as even a warning area. According to all maps, the Natura2000 areas are free to go when in reality you need a permit.

Does anyone know why? Is there a way to update the maps by ourselves or send a petition to update with all natura2000 areas in Europe?

2018-5-8
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You are not allowed to use drones in natura 2000. Especially kinderdijk at the moment is very sensative. The people living in the mills are really getting annoyed with drones . Droneusers are being fined there apparantly. I live approx 75 km from the place , and i am not going there. There are plenty of other places with windmills in holland
2018-5-9
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Netherlands

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-5-9 00:20
You are not allowed to use drones in natura 2000. Especially kinderdijk at the moment is very sensative. The people living in the mills are really getting annoyed with drones . Droneusers are being fined there apparantly. I live approx 75 km from the place , and i am not going there. There are plenty of other places with windmills in holland

Yes, but I am not complaining about not being able to fly my drone there. The point of my post is that there is no map related to drones (DJI app or  UAV forecast, among others) showing these areas, so if your google FU is  0 (so you don't research before flying the drone in a new area), you'll find yourself with a very nasty ticket to pay, because there is absolutely no warning and the areas look pristine in the maps,  for drone flying.

What I ask is: is there any update predicted for the future? There are thousands of Nature2000 areas in Europe, not related to national parks or similar.
2018-5-9
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

Try install Hover app and check the map there. Interested to know if Hover map covered that or not.
2018-5-9
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Netherlands

GDL Posted at 2018-5-9 01:03
Try install Hover app and check the map there. Interested to know if Hover map covered that or not.

I tried Hover before even having the MA in my hands and the APP was crashing all the time before loading  in my Nexus 6P. it even shows up like installed when it's already deleted. I tried installing it again now, but I had the same result

EDIT: now it decided to work for the first time and the map uses the same database as the rest of APPs. No sign of NAtura2000 areas.
2018-5-9
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Singapore

Something for DJI to work on their map.
2018-5-9
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Netherlands

Does anyone know what will be the procedure to let DJI know this is missing? Send a ticket to support?
2018-5-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Natura 2000 areas are not automatically NFZ, it really depends on additional protection status and local regulations. E.g. next Sunday I shall be in a National Park in Estonia and have enquired at the responsible authority whether I am allowed fly there. The answer was yes for the areas where I am going to be.
2018-5-9
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Netherlands

Well, that would make sense. In my case it's a NFZ but does not have to apply to all the Natura2000 areas, but it'd be good (imho) to have at least a yellow area indicating you SHOULD inform yourself and accept that you are flying under your own risk.
2018-5-9
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Hong Kong

Try product suggestions under DJI Support in DJI Go.

Need to be very careful to fly in other country. Easy to get big trouble if not knowing the local rules.
2018-5-9
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Netherlands

GDL Posted at 2018-5-9 02:00
Try product suggestions under DJI Support in DJI Go.

Need to be very careful to fly in other country. Easy to get big trouble if not knowing the local rules.

Not other country anymore! I live here hahaha.
2018-5-9
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Check this map,
The green are natura 2000 , however its not completely up to date.
https://www.vliegjedroneveilig.nl/kaart/

You also can check and google : overheid drones . There is a paragraph which mentions all natura 2000 in netherlands
2018-5-9
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Netherlands

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-5-9 02:19
Check this map,
The green are natura 2000 , however its not completely up to date.
https://www.vliegjedroneveilig.nl/kaart/

For updated maps, you can go to the offical website  http://ec.europa.eu/environment/ ... 0/data/index_en.htm, where it sends you to this map:

http://natura2000.eea.europa.eu/

i didn't see the Natura information in your last link, but I'm still slow at dutch so it will take some time for me xD

2018-5-9
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Or
https://www.synbiosys.alterra.nl/natura2000/gebiedendatabase.aspx?subj=actualiteitbeheerplannen
2018-5-9
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Netherlands

Thanks! I'll check in a moment.
2018-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules