Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 Ocusync compatibility
1665 9 2018-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscdc5a03b
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2233904 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Hi there,

just noticed on the DJI website that " *The Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+ V2.0 is only compatible with DJI Goggles RE, which are currently unavailable in Japan, and Russia. Please consult your local dealer for availability of this product."
Is this information correct? Only the Racing Edition goggles are compatible with P4P 2.0?
Hopefully someone here in this forum has the right answer, thank you in advance.

2018-5-9
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for pointing that out, I missed that when I read the info. I was thinking about selling my current P4P and getting the V2 primarily because I could use my goggles with it wirelessly. Now I will wait until this has been answered, if true, I won't do it.
2018-5-9
Use props
fanscdc5a03b
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Well, same problem here but I’m not sure if the regular DJI Goggles will work wireless. So far the information is presented differently on the US & EU DJI sites, as on the EU version there is only mentioned the new Ocusync feature and the possibility to use wireless Dji Goggles with P4P 2.0
2018-5-9
Use props
luciens
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Probably because the regular goggles only support the 2.4ghz band when using ocusync. As usual, DJI seems not to be able to document their products correctly, so nobody knows for sure - that's why it's always good to wait at least a few months on any new DJI product until someone figures out the problems and undocumented features etc. so you don't get caught out with half of your equipment being obsoleted, etc.

Anyway, with that warning issued.... it looks like the P4P 2.0 supports both 2.4 and 5.8 ghz, which is probably the reason you need the RE goggles to connect wirelessly. It's a similar situation with the ocusync air unit which is also dual band and also requires the RE goggles....
The white goggles are probably only usable by USB cable, like with the current P4P. Works fine, but you have to do the awful unplugging/replugging garbage....
2018-5-9
Use props
fanscdc5a03b
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

luciens Posted at 2018-5-9 08:12
Probably because the regular goggles only support the 2.4ghz band when using ocusync. As usual, DJI seems not to be able to document their products correctly, so nobody knows for sure - that's why it's always good to wait at least a few months on any new DJI product until someone figures out the problems and undocumented features etc. so you don't get caught out with half of your equipment being obsoleted, etc.

Anyway, with that warning issued.... it looks like the P4P 2.0 supports both 2.4 and 5.8 ghz, which is probably the reason you need the RE goggles to connect wirelessly. It's a similar situation with the ocusync air unit which is also dual band and also requires the RE goggles....

Hmm, P4P cannot connect wirelessly to Goggles, regular or RE, as it uses Lightbridge instead Ocusync.
However, P4P 2.0 has Ocusync, like Mavic Pro, but this time running on both 2.4 & 5.8 ghz.
So theoretically the regular DJI goggles should work in 2.4, but I am not sure about it
Hopefully someone certified in this matter from DJI staff can guide us to the correct answer.
2018-5-9
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would say the first clue to them only working with the RE goggles is that they actually sell v 2.0 bundled with the RE goggles.  This is often a DJI modus operandi...
2018-5-9
Use props
luciens
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fanscdc5a03b Posted at 2018-5-9 09:27
Hmm, P4P cannot connect wirelessly to Goggles, regular or RE, as it uses Lightbridge instead Ocusync.
However, P4P 2.0 has Ocusync, like Mavic Pro, but this time running on both 2.4 & 5.8 ghz.
So theoretically the regular DJI goggles should work in 2.4, but I am not sure about it

I suppose it makes sense, since the goggles' ocusync support was probably developed for the mavic pro originally, which also only uses the 2.4ghz band.  Else, it was only intended for use via USB with the other drones.

Basically the RE goggles are DJI Goggles 2.0, with dual band support, support for the air unit and 5.8ghz analog video.

So it seems reasonable to me for DJI to add dual band support in P4P V2.0 also, like with the air unit, and that would require the RE goggles obviously.

So yeah I wouldn't know how to really handle that. Maybe if you hard-assign the P4P V2.0 to 2.4ghz, maybe the older white goggles would still work? No idea, and I guess the real answer is known only to DJI right now.
2018-5-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there,
Thanks for your attention to DJI products.
Currently, the P4P V2.0 only supports to connect Goggles RE wirelessly.
It doesn't support to connect the normal Goggles via USB/HDMI port due to the different firmware.
We'll release on our website as long as there is an update. Sorry for the confusion.
2018-5-9
Use props
fansa7dc5944
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I have just got the answer from Dji Support. He said that the new Goggles firmware is in testing and will be released soon which makes 1st gen goggles work with the new P4P v2
2018-5-10
Use props
fansa7dc5944
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

And Dji_Susan, the HDMI output works with the Goggles
2018-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now