Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
0400/4.2.14 until 4.3-Video Preview Problem (Lag)
12Next >
8569 72 2018-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

My Mavic Air is new and always worked perfectly (since 0300 / 4.2.12)

After upgrading firmware and software (0400 / 4.2.14 until 4.3.0) the video preview on my iphone 7 and 8 Plus (iOS 11.4) is not fluidly (streamed) into any video resolution.
I already reinstalled iOS 11.4
I have already reinstalled DJI GO
Only use with the Apple USB cable
I've already tested on different video resolutions.
I've recalibrated Gimbal and sensors
I do not use any cache on the phone nor programs running together
I've flown in different places.
I receive no warning of interference or other problems

I noticed the preview delay is too high. Just hold the Mavic and rotate on the same axis as the image "chokes"
Even while keeping the Mavic Air standing in front of a road, for example, the movement of passing cars does not appear fluidly in the preview.

It looks like web camera.
The final videos (recorded in SD) have no problem.

They look great as they always did.

2018-5-9
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

TZero Posted at 2018-5-9 06:35
My Mavic is new and always worked perfectly (0300 / 14.2.12)
After upgrading firmware and software (0400 / 14.2.14) the video preview on my iphone 7 Plus (iOS 11.3.1) is not fluidly (streamed) into any video resolution.

i have similar issues.  i'm on Android though.  I have reloaded the application on my phone and reapplied the firmware on the aircraft using the assistant.  The fluidity got a little better but is still not as good as it was.

I thought i had lost my touch on the sticks, but then I saw the video from the drone was just as smooth as ever.  It's difficult to know that, and keep up with what you're actually getting.  Makes you have to work a little harder in post.
2018-5-9
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

I'm trying to find DJI GO 4.2.12 to downgrade and see if it returns to normal
2018-5-9
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

I installed DJI GO 4.2.14 on my new ipad which is still with iOs 11.3
The same delay occurred in the preview image
2018-5-9
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

No problem so far after upgrade firmware with iPhone 8. Try to use other device to see is the same problem still exist.
2018-5-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please check the channels quality on WiFi settings, try to select a channel with less interference.
If the issue persists, could you please make a screen recording of this case and make a screenshot of the firmware info (General Settings, About)? We would like to check more, thank you.
2018-5-9
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-9 20:17
Please check the channels quality on HD settings, try to select a channel with less interference.
If the issue persists, could you please make a screen recording of this case and make a screenshot of the firmware info (General Settings, About)? We would like to check more, thank you.

Thanks for the interest. I'm posting the videos.
I have the impression that the problem gets worse with YAW.
Actually none of this happened on firmw. 0300 and soft 4.2.12.
Would there be a way for DJI to make downgrade available?

FIRMWARE.jpg

2018-5-10
Use props
Kevjones1959
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61932 ft

South Africa

The problem does get worse with YAW. There is a very long delay between input on the stick and response from the aircraft when YAWing looking at the video the yaw is also jerky.
2018-5-10
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

Kevjones1959 Posted at 2018-5-10 09:06
The problem does get worse with YAW. There is a very long delay between input on the stick and response from the aircraft when YAWing looking at the video the yaw is also jerky.

Interesting that only occurs in PREVIEW. The final recording has no problem
2018-5-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

TZero Posted at 2018-5-10 08:39
Thanks for the interest. I'm posting the videos.
I have the impression that the problem gets worse with YAW.
Actually none of this happened on firmw. 0300 and soft 4.2.12.

Thank you for getting back. From the first video "testemavic2v" I can see the channel is on 153 which is unstable. Have you tried other channels that have less noise or set it to Auto?
2018-5-10
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-10 23:06
Thank you for getting back. From the first video "testemavic2v" I can see the channel is on 153 which is unstable. Have you tried other channels that have less noise or set it to Auto?

Thank you my friends for your patience and suggestions.
I followed THOR's advice and made 2 new short videos.

Unfortunately it seems to be firmware problem anyway.

I tested with DJI and LITCHI softs.

The worst is that it worked optimally well in firmware 300 and just now DJI decides not to give the chance to return the previous firmware.

2018-5-11
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-9 20:17
Please check the channels quality on HD settings, try to select a channel with less interference.

forgot to mention that I have MAVIC AIR. My control (DJI 4 GO) does not have the HD option
2018-5-12
Use props
Merchfly
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I  noticed lag on my phone too after the update on android, turning off cache to my phone and calibrating the Air helped a lot, I would prefer to roll back to a older firmware version but you can't
2018-5-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

TZero Posted at 2018-5-11 04:54
Thank you my friends for your patience and suggestions.I followed THOR's advice and made 2 new short videos.
Unfortunately it seems to be firmware problem anyway.
I tested with DJI and LITCHI softs.

Thank you, I will forward the videos to the engineers to check first. If there is an update, I will get back to you right away.
2018-5-14
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-14 21:21
Thank you, I will forward the videos to the engineers to check first. If there is an update, I will get back to you right away.

thank you
2018-5-15
Use props
neonadler
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Please help to pull system & RC logs from dji assistant, thanks
2018-5-16
Use props
djiuser_iTYmGJ1Ipw3c
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

The yaw movement about 15 degrees to the left happens right after take off. It happens pretty much every time seems like it has a mind of his own. This seems like a software glitch.
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi mate, please refer to 17# reply, it is from our engineers. Please help to export the system and RC logs from DJI Assistant 2 and upload to Dropbox at your convenience. Thank you in advance.
2018-5-16
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3563 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello,

I had this problem also after updating to 0.400!
Once first with error info: heavy interferences..
the air moved about Yaw itself leftside without stopping ..
then days later other location only filed no houses no electricity..
it moves itself slowly left side about yaw
Maybe later I can send a short Video of that.
I have had that with a earlier Air model (i changed) then a DJI  firmware update comes out
and this error was gone.now with 0.400 its still there..
so it must be now easy to slove that problem for dji because they solved it month ago too...
2018-5-16
Use props
iCharlie17
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51516 ft
Spain

When you say preview you mean the live image view you see when flying or the photos/videos that are catched in low res in the album section?

I've definitely noticed a worse IQ when flying in the live feed with way more lag in the image transmission and some jerky gimbal movements when looking down to the ground. This combined with the "current motor error" message is really messing with my experience. This last fw update was very bad. No new features and lots of errors.
2018-5-17
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

neonadler@hotmail.com Posted at 2018-5-16 18:58
Please help to pull system & RC logs from dji assistant, thanks

Hi,
Thanks for your replies
links below

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... ct/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... VK/view?usp=sharing
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

TZero Posted at 2018-5-17 05:15
Hi,
Thanks for your replies
links below

Thank you very much, will inform the engineers to check the logs asap.
2018-5-17
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-17 23:20
Thank you very much, will inform the engineers to check the logs asap.

I have to thank you very much for your efforts.
Nice weekend

2018-5-18
Use props
neonadler
lvl.1

Hong Kong

from uav log, we can see some interference in 2.4G freq, especially in long distance. Could please try to use manual 5G channels? we hope to receive your reply, thanks
2018-5-25
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

neonadler@hotmail.com Posted at 2018-5-25 01:05
from uav log, we can see some interference in 2.4G freq, especially in long distance. Could please try to use manual 5G channels? we hope to receive your reply, thanks

Thanks for your suggestion.
You may notice from the last video of #7 that I was using the 5Ghz and a distance relatively close to the control.
I have noticed that the LAG increases inversely proportional to the amount of ambient light (clarity).
Less light, More LAG.
And this occurs even when you set the camera to AUTO ISO mode.

Even using new DGI GO 4.2.16
2018-5-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

TZero Posted at 2018-5-25 04:20
Thanks for your suggestion.
You may notice from the last video of #7 that I was using the 5Ghz and a distance relatively close to the control.
I have noticed that the LAG increases inversely proportional to the amount of ambient light (clarity).

Hi TZero, as you mentioned that the issue doesn't happen when connecting the drone directly.
Could you please try to adjust the RC antennas? Please make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft. You can refer to the pic shows below. See if it would make the difference.
2018-5-28
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-28 23:23
Hi TZero, as you mentioned that the issue doesn't happen when connecting the drone directly.
Could you please try to adjust the RC antennas? Please make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft. You can refer to the pic shows below. See if it would make the difference. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE

My friend.
I repeat: I thank you for your interest in trying to help me, but more and more I am making sure that in the case of my MA, the problem is related to the ambient light sensitivity (even when in AUTO mode) or image preview processing on the phone .

None of this happened since the 200 firmware, even though I have not changed anything in the settings or the places I flew.

I would like to remind you that in MA I can not increase or decrease the resolution of the preview image. If it were possible, I'm pretty sure that would ease the processing and end with the lag.

2018-5-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

TZero Posted at 2018-5-29 02:13
My friend.
I repeat: I thank you for your interest in trying to help me, but more and more I am making sure that in the case of my MA, the problem is related to the ambient light sensitivity (even when in AUTO mode) or image preview processing on the phone .

As you would know, the transmission resolution on both RC connection and WiFi connection are the same, 720p@30fps, so it might need to verify the root reason. I sincerely appreciate your feedback on this issue, the R&D department values it very much. We will continue focusing on this case. Thank you for bringing us the attention. transmission.png
2018-5-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

TZero Posted at 2018-5-29 02:13
My friend.
I repeat: I thank you for your interest in trying to help me, but more and more I am making sure that in the case of my MA, the problem is related to the ambient light sensitivity (even when in AUTO mode) or image preview processing on the phone .

Hi TZero, hope you are doing well. We had been discussing with our engineers, according to your flight test above, the drone was flying nearby, which might be a factor of the lag of the transmission.
Please kindly try to fly further, distance should be greater than height during flight, make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft.
We are continually focusing on this case, if there is any update, we look forward to your feedback. Thank you.
2018-6-11
Use props
fans589cba4b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12780633 ft
  • >>>
United States

same here.
2018-6-11
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-6-11 18:48
Hi TZero, hope you are doing well. We had been discussing with our engineers, according to your flight test above, the drone was flying nearby, which might be a factor of the lag of the transmission.
Please kindly try to fly further, distance should be greater than height during flight, make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft.
We are continually focusing on this case, if there is any update, we look forward to your feedback. Thank you.

Dear Thor,

Again, thank you for your interest.
I did today (12-Jun-2018) new videos in different locations, using 2.4 and 5.8Ghz channels alternately, as well as the AUTO mode and MANUAL capture.

I disabled Bluetooth on my iPhone 7 Plus and any other programs.

2 things caught my attention:

- I have the impression that in 5.8Ghz mode the delay in the image gets worse;
- I noticed that in MANUAL mode (using PolarPro 16NDP) the camera automatically updates the EV, getting much darker than before.

I know the engineers have to try all the alternatives but I'd like to say THAT I DID NOT CHANGE LOCAL, MY WAY TO GO, and Mavic Air SETTING. And everything was fine in firmware 0200 and 0300.
Today I'm already using DJI GO 4.2.20 and the problem continues.

Ask the engineers to authorize me to reinstall firmware 0200 or 0300 to test and re-record preview videos.

itunes (win10).JPG

2018-6-12
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Just to give a shot try rolling back to 4.2.8 or 4.2.12 just to see if it fixes it.  https://apkpure.com/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4/dji.go.v4
2018-6-12
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-12 17:36
Just to give a shot try rolling back to 4.2.8 or 4.2.12 just to see if it fixes it.  https://apkpure.com/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4/dji.go.v4

I do not want to be pessimistic but I do not think it will improve.
Since I updated the firmware for iOs DJI GO and LITCHI started to have the same delay
2018-6-12
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

May be we also need an update for drone/rc too. My old mavic air can fly up to 2km aways on 5.8G with 0300 firmware, image still good with very less lag (go 2.12), my new one on 0400 can only achieve 1.7km on 5.8G and lost connection totally (go 2.20). I also notice gimbal shaking a bit too. DJI engineer should look at our flight record for analyzing.
2018-6-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-12 17:36

Any idea on how to roll back CrystalSky's GO-4?
2018-6-12
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

Optimus Prime-Mavic Air Posted at 2018-6-12 22:20
May be we also need an update for drone/rc too. My old mavic air can fly up to 2km aways on 5.8G with 0300 firmware, image still good with very less lag (go 2.12), my new one on 0400 can only achieve 1.7km on 5.8G and lost connection totally (go 2.20). I also notice gimbal shaking a bit too. DJI engineer should look at our flight record for analyzing.

I reinstalled the firmwares and the softwares
I recalibrated everything ( I do not stand to calibrate the compass all the time )
The problem is the firmware 0400
My MA has the same symptoms
2018-6-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

TZero Posted at 2018-6-13 03:42
I reinstalled the firmwares and the softwares
I recalibrated everything ( I do not stand to calibrate the compass all the time )
The problem is the firmware 0400

There was no FW .400 for Mavic Pro only Mavic Air, there were app updates that pertained to all dji drones using dji go 4, and updates to app dji go.

It is very unusual that Mavic Air FW would have an effect on your Mavic Pro, I haven’t seen others with the same problems you are having with your Mavic Pro.

Could this be something that might require you to send back to dji for analysis.
Or maybe your post above is a mistake.
2018-6-13
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-13 04:10
There was no FW .400 for Mavic Pro only Mavic Air, there were app updates that pertained to all dji drones using dji go 4, and updates to app dji go.

It is very unusual that Mavic Air FW would have an effect on your Mavic Pro, I haven’t seen others with the same problems you are having with your Mavic Pro.

I'm sorry but the mistake is yours.
The post is about MA - MAVIC AIR (my drone)

2018-6-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

TZero Posted at 2018-6-13 05:02
I'm sorry but the mistake is yours.
The post is about MA - MAVIC AIR (my drone)

Sorry my mistake obviously reading it wrong.

I still think that it may need sending in, only thing I see in it is,  it’s all recorded at very low altitude trying to video fast moving cars and the areas seem to be likely to be using lots of WiFi , yes there is slight transmission delay but it looks very slight, and imo this test is always going to show similar results.

You can see with people and trees blowing it doesn’t look bad it’s really only with the cars I can see slight delay.
2018-6-13
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Do you have another device you can test with?  Perhaps something with the iPhone7 here?  Just saying would be worth if could borrow someone else's device to try here.  
2018-6-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules