0400/4.2.14 until 4.3-Video Preview Problem (Lag)
8601 72 2018-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-12 22:28
Any idea on how to roll back CrystalSky's GO-4?

I do not off hand but I could do some research today if you would like.  Time permitting.  
2018-6-13
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-13 06:41
I do not off hand but I could do some research today if you would like.  Time permitting.

Thanks.  
I thought I would ask before I started digging.  
If you got time, Go Droning!
2018-6-13
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-13 05:25
Sorry my mistake obviously reading it wrong.

I still think that it may need sending in, only thing I see in it is,  it’s all recorded at very low altitude trying to video fast moving cars and the areas seem to be likely to be using lots of WiFi , yes there is slight transmission delay but it looks very slight, and imo this test is always going to show similar results.

We all have the right to make mistakes.

There is actually a delay in everything that moves fast.

The main thing is that everything worked fine at firmwares 0200 and 0300 for MA. After the upgrade to 0400 it was like this. (it was still the DJI GO 4.2.12)
2018-6-13
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-13 06:40
Do you have another device you can test with?  Perhaps something with the iPhone7 here?  Just saying would be worth if could borrow someone else's device to try here.

I have:

iPhone 7 Plus; new iPad; iPhone 8

All the same problem of preview lag
2018-6-13
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

TZero Posted at 2018-6-13 10:24
I have:

iPhone 7 Plus; new iPad; iPhone 8

Oh ok.  Sorry you are having this issue.  I would do as HedgeTrimmer suggested possibly sending in.  Seems you have tried everything.  
2018-6-13
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-13 10:27
Oh ok.  Sorry you are having this issue.  I would do as HedgeTrimmer suggested possibly sending in.  Seems you have tried everything.

Certainly
What makes me most frustrated is DJI's ban on doing the rollback.
I'm sorry for the official supplier here in Brazil. Laws that protect the consumer will guarantee me the exchange or the money back if those issues do not resolve until August.
I know the official supplier is not to blame but I'm missing the desire to continue to have a Mavic Air.
2018-6-13
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

There is new update for IOs. Did you try it?
2018-6-14
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

Optimus Prime-Mavic Air Posted at 2018-6-14 01:33
There is new update for IOs. Did you try it?

Yes.....I did.

I will to try new DJI GO 4.2.21
2018-6-14
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

TZero Posted at 2018-6-14 03:05
Yes.....I did.

I will to try new DJI GO 4.2.21

Hope most issues are fixed!! Safe flight
2018-6-14
Use props
MANCHALE22
lvl.2
Flight distance : 809783 ft

Even mavic pro same issue..djigo 4.2.20 has lag issue..
2018-6-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

TZero Posted at 2018-6-12 07:22
Dear Thor,

Again, thank you for your interest.

Sorry for getting back late. For your second issue, that is normal that the EV will change automatically in M mode, it tells you the exposure but will not affect the settings.
If the transmission issue persists, as we tested many places and settings but can't reproduce it, we might suggest that you send the RC in for further confirmation if it is possible.
Please kindly contact our support on the following page to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-6-24
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-6-24 22:16
Sorry for getting back late. For your second issue, that is normal that the EV will change automatically in M mode, it tells you the exposure but will not affect the settings.
If the transmission issue persists, as we tested many places and settings but can't reproduce it, we might suggest that you send the RC in for further confirmation if it is possible.
Please kindly contact our support on the following page to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support

Please, read this post.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-154090-1-1.html

Same occured w/ other MA ( DJI Dealer )
2018-6-25
Use props
MavicRich
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579062 ft
United Kingdom

Just seen this thread, these are the same issues I'm having and glad in a way its not just me!

It's not horrendous lag but it's enough when intricate stick movements are needed. My distance is also not as good as it was before 0.400.
2018-6-27
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Ditto on the video lag, and video freezes when recording every second recording or so. No signal after 200 meters or so, almost every time, RTH auto more than flying for various reasons. Hovering aircraft swings from side to side continuously.

The whole app has more red and yellow warnings since i updated to 0.400 than a Picasso painting.
Before 0.400, NONE of the above problems. Everything is updated, Android, DJI software, everything to do with DJI Mavic Air.

I would suggest that DJI ask all retailers and sellers to immediately replace all the problem 0.400 aircraft and THEN take their sweet time to find a fix, without us waiting months for tickets and collection and communications, and maybe replacements and deliveries...........all while they know full well it is a DJI mistake. That could keep us from stopping to advise people to NOT buy from DJI for the time being.
2018-6-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

TZero Posted at 2018-6-25 18:29
Please, read this post.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-154090-1-1.html

Thanks for the continuing feedback on this issue, I will still forward that post to the engineers to notice.
As we also want to find the cause of the transmission delay as much as you do, we will pay attention to the case.
2018-6-27
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-6-27 18:57
Thanks for the continuing feedback on this issue, I will still forward that post to the engineers to notice.
As we also want to find the cause of the transmission delay as much as you do, we will pay attention to the case.

I believe

2018-6-28
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

Unfortunately the problem continues in DJI GO version .22

2018-6-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

TZero Posted at 2018-6-29 11:16
Unfortunately the problem continues in DJI GO version .22

https://youtu.be/FN3raNPI3KU

Man, lighten up!  It will be fixed in next release.    
2018-6-30
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I dont thnk it will ever get fixed. This already occurs as from 4.1.16. Especially with the p4p, lightbridge, its awfull. I have written many posts about it, dji never responded or solved it
2018-6-30
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Its or the devices cpu are too slow for the app or better said the app is too heavy for the devices
2018-6-30
Use props
Numero 5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385702 ft
Italy

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-6-30 10:41
I dont thnk it will ever get fixed. This already occurs as from 4.1.16. Especially with the p4p, lightbridge, its awfull. I have written many posts about it, dji never responded or solved it

Exactly my thought!
2018-6-30
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft
Netherlands

I went on a road trip through several countries last week and this lag problem kicked in. As I didn't have it 3 weeks ago, I supposed it was related to my latest android update for Nexus 6P from July. Why do I say this? Because it happens in my regular phone (which I always used for the MA) but it does not show up in my tablet (another huawei/android 8 device, but not with the latest updates as the phone).

Seems like for other people this comes from far back in time than me, so I'm confused.

This didn't happen to me in June, but now I can't use my phone cos the delay is like 30 seconds (or even minutes if you want to take a picture). Just one device as the other one, which I recently (2 weeks ago) installed the APP, works like a charm.

2018-7-11
Use props
The Otter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1031240 ft
France

Bokepacha Posted at 2018-7-11 01:17
I went on a road trip through several countries last week and this lag problem kicked in. As I didn't have it 3 weeks ago, I supposed it was related to my latest android update for Nexus 6P from July. Why do I say this? Because it happens in my regular phone (which I always used for the MA) but it does not show up in my tablet (another huawei/android 8 device, but not with the latest updates as the phone).

Seems like for other people this comes from far back in time than me, so I'm confused.

I had a very similar problem (very bad video quality, and several seconds lags + almost impossible to take videos or photos). Reinstalling the firmware with DJI Assistant seems to have solved the issue.

It's was much worse than the lag we see in TZero videos though.
2018-7-11
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft
Netherlands

The Otter Posted at 2018-7-11 02:22
I had a very similar problem (very bad video quality, and several seconds lags + almost impossible to take videos or photos). Reinstalling the firmware with DJI Assistant seems to have solved the issue.

It's was much worse than the lag we see in TZero videos though.

My video quality is not altered, just an incredible long lag once the drone is more than 5 meters away.

I think I reinstalled the app already, but I'll give it a try when possible.

Really weird that it happens with no DJi update in the middle...
2018-7-11
Use props
The Otter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1031240 ft
France

Bokepacha Posted at 2018-7-11 03:06
My video quality is not altered, just an incredible long lag once the drone is more than 5 meters away.

I think I reinstalled the app already, but I'll give it a try when possible.

The recorded video is not affected yes, but the video stream on the phone used as the remote was real bad. I reinstalled the firmware on the drone using DJI Assistant. Reinstalling the DJI GO 4 app on my phone did not change anything.

My guess is something went wrong during the first FW install, and reinstalling it fixed it. It's worth a try in your case.
2018-7-12
Use props
Spoe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 186001 ft
Poland

Well same here, i've done any update/reinstall/refresh/reset that was possible to do. Always tried in place without any interferences. That one been recorded in FCC auto, on CE is even worse. Also my one is drifting on left and in general very unstable.

2018-7-21
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are this recorded on internal SD or External SD card? Maybe your External SD card is not working properly.
2018-7-21
Use props
Spoe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 186001 ft
Poland

This is a footage from a cached video from my phone. Video Preview basically doesnt work after update to 0.400, before i was crazy satisficed with whole MA, now its useless and it will collect dust on my desk. Tested on Android / Apple products - same, tried any advice in internet and still same.

I dont even want to mention too much about RC and range, even toys for 5 $ have better response time. Before update 2km with average interferences and stable video preview, now 700 meters in completly abandoned place with massive lags.
2018-7-21
Use props
Matt Lake
lvl.1

I’m pretty sure root cause NOT anything mentioned here,

Because while I’m running my DJI goggles, there is no video lag on the goggles, while on the crystalsky there is..
2018-7-21
Use props
dzony
lvl.2
Flight distance : 426850 ft
Austria

Hi,

maybe 2 little things to try which have worked for me for the issues described:
1. downgrade DJI go *and* switch off all screen animations in the phone                                 -> helps with the lags
2. use a *quality* third party USB cable                                 -> helps with the disconnect, pixelation and some of the lags

details:
1st is to use DJI go 4.2.16-2031415. Can be downloaded from apk mirror. This is the last of the slightly smaller versions and thus limiting the load on your phone. The app does not work in a single thread and if a background thread tries to do something while you nead the real time interaction, you are done....
Screen animations are cool but have a unfortunate effect of preceding any meaningful content on the screen. The app uses these for all of the menu roll-downs but it also seems to bear influence while you have some gimbal movement. Just switch it off.

The OTG cable from DJI is not up to scratch. You do get disconnects, you do get slow data transfers and aircraft disconnects (while the remote link led is actually green). Toss it away and use the standard sized USB at the bottom of the remote connecting to the phone.

Hope this helps!
2018-9-7
Use props
Matman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 644669 ft

I d not recommend installing from 3rd party .apk for security reasons. However, you should be able to downgrade to versions .100-.400 by pressing and holding the 3 bars at the top right of the Go Fly screen where the picture of the Mavic appears before entering Go4 (on android or CS).

I’m going back to .200 to see if that helps, although TODAY I briefly ran v.400 with no pixelation, so it seems very intermittent.
2018-9-7
Use props
dzony
lvl.2
Flight distance : 426850 ft
Austria

Matman Posted at 2018-9-7 06:29
I d not recommend installing from 3rd party .apk for security reasons. However, you should be able to downgrade to versions .100-.400 by pressing and holding the 3 bars at the top right of the Go Fly screen where the picture of the Mavic appears before entering Go4 (on android or CS).

I’m going back to .200 to see if that helps, although TODAY I briefly ran v.400 with no pixelation, so it seems very intermittent.

I believe if you upgrade to .0400, you would not be able to downgrade back to lower version.
2018-9-9
Use props
AleSirega
New
Brazil

Hello, My Mavic 2 pro when I'm flying the transmission is normal, when I put it to record it records more when landing the equipment it keeps appearing the video with a 10 seconds of delay. With Mavic already on the ground he keeps passing the video on screen like I'm still flying but with a 10 seconds delay, has anyone seen this happen?Ol
2018-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules