696 2 2018-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Claw_Gaming
lvl.3
Flight distance : 330659 ft
  • >>>
United States

Went across some articles and a youtube video not too long ago to wonder if the Cendence controller will work with the Phantom series. Even though it is listed only for the M200 and Inspire 2 series i went to my local DJI store here in Orange County asked if i could give it a try before buying and yes it does work. Just sharing my experience with it.It would link just as you would the regular controller same linking process.

It will give you Yaw (left/right) control of the camera and all the sliders and C1-C4 buttons are all pre programmed for EV, Shutter, ISO, etc. But you can program those to however you like.

Just make sure the firmwares are update to all the devices Cendence, CrystalSky, and aircraft.

Reason i was considering the Cendence because it would be my main platform across all my DJI products. Better antennae, controls, ease of use, and more robust than the normal control it comes with.

The main issue i was facing was with the regular controller and my 5.5 CrystalSky attached i would lose transmission signal at a certain height but if i switched to my cellphone or tablet i would be able to get alot further.

-Yes i tried different locations
-Yes i tried changing frequency settings

But im sure the issue was the CrystalSKy is such a huge piece of metal and battery attached to it the way it mounts to the Phantom controller brings it so close to the antennaes causing interference. Hopefully with the Cendence and patch antennae it would help with that.

Cendence wont work with mavic because of Occusync.
Cendence will work with most lightbridge aircraft.
2018-5-9
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Thank you for this informative post, please follow up if you notice any downsides or further benefits.

One Q, how about the P4P, is 5.8GHz supported?
2018-5-10
Use props
Claw_Gaming
lvl.3
Flight distance : 330659 ft
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-10 01:51
Thank you for this informative post, please follow up if you notice any downsides or further benefits.

One Q, how about the P4P, is 5.8GHz supported?

Haven't had any issues so far but it does seem to be overkill for my Phantom but it does help when I have multiple drones available just relinking is just an extra step. it did help increase range of my signal due to the patch antenna and probably firmware optimization.

And yes P4P is support 5.8Ghz you'll just be choosing the frequency before take off and rebooting the aircraft/controller.
2018-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules