First YouTube and editing attempt
548 13 2018-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sharaaznm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 153346 ft
South Africa

hi guys , heres my first attemp at an edited video and you tube upload , i know it will be a long time before i get as good as you guys but have to start somewhere . LINK
2018-5-9
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

For your first it was not to bad.
Some of it was on the bright side causing the colors to be washed out.
Are you using any ND filters?
Editing was good and choice of music was good.
Looking forward to seeing more from you.
2018-5-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Congrats on your first video and post.  Thanks for sharing
2018-5-9
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

it is ok ..but you must read enought to learn on how to edit colors
2018-5-9
Use props
chiplifter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

Nice first attempt. As I may give you some advice, avoid the wipes between the scenes, it will give it a more professional look. You can try that with your current project and see the difference. For the scenes towards the sun maybe a ND filter might help to reduce over exposure. That is just my opinion. Have fun flying and filming and most important keep experimenting with different camera settings. Make the same shot a couple of times with different settings and use the one that looks best.
2018-5-9
Use props
Sharaaznm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 153346 ft
South Africa

Thanks for all the tips .ND filters is a must .on eBay right now .as for the editing.wonder share auto edit
2018-5-9
Use props
New Drone Pilot
lvl.2
United States

Sharaaznm Posted at 2018-5-9 10:02
Thanks for all the tips .ND filters is a must .on eBay right now .as for the editing.wonder share auto edit

I bought a set of Polar Pro polarzing ND filters - ND4, ND8 and ND16.  If you want to get the suggested blur effect in your videos, your shutter speed needs to be double the frame rate.  I found on my recent trip to Florida that in the bright sun, the ND16 wasn't enough to get the shutter speed down to 1/50 sec.  If you're shopping, be sure to get an ND32 or higher if you're going to be taking a lot of video in bright sun.

What video editing software are you using?  I just got started with Adobe Premiere Pro ($20 / month for subscription).  I've just scratched the surface of understanding the software.  Your videos look good.  I only know how to do the "cross-dissolve" video transition.
2018-5-9
Use props
MaineMavick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169524 ft

Not trying to roast you, just telling what I've learned.
2018-5-9
Use props
MWitarsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2058179 ft
Brazil

New Drone Pilot Posted at 2018-5-9 12:07
I bought a set of Polar Pro polarzing ND filters - ND4, ND8 and ND16.  If you want to get the suggested blur effect in your videos, your shutter speed needs to be double the frame rate.  I found on my recent trip to Florida that in the bright sun, the ND16 wasn't enough to get the shutter speed down to 1/50 sec.  If you're shopping, be sure to get an ND32 or higher if you're going to be taking a lot of video in bright sun.

What video editing software are you using?  I just got started with Adobe Premiere Pro ($20 / month for subscription).  I've just scratched the surface of understanding the software.  Your videos look good.  I only know how to do the "cross-dissolve" video transition.

About the ND Polar Pro filters, you are right. I bought the set with 6 filters and a individual ND64/PL to use on my Mavic Pro here in Brazil. I've tried flying only twice, but needed to use only the ND64.
2018-5-9
Use props
MaineMavick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169524 ft

Not trying to roast you, just telling you what I've learned.

Careful about transitioning on movement.
Be very thoughtful about your setting before and during your flight.
Color and light adjustment in the program is awesome, but still not as good as getting it spot on during flight.

Don't be afraid to make more videos even if they seem bad.

Look up tutorials online for editing techniques that you aren't sure of or need help with.

If you have specific questions feel free to message me for advice and stuff.

Some really good shots too!
2018-5-9
Use props
BHProductions
First Officer
Flight distance : 43018593 ft
United States

Much nice than my first video! Good job and keep flying.
2018-5-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

It is really a nice video but as mentioned by the guys above over exposed certain areas. Look at your exposure and for a starter try using the over exposed warning on the Go4 app to help you get started
2018-5-9
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10355532 ft
Canada

Hey you done ok, thank you for sharing, I still have to learn and edit the videos I am getting and maybe this summer I will start sharing with all of you people on Forum.
2018-5-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

A good beginning! Thanks for sharing with us. Look forward more works from you~
2018-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules