Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic not saving pictures on phone
22684 8 2018-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vincent.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459738 ft

Hi,

Since I got my MP (one year), I'm shooting in jpeg + raw, and usually the jpeg automatically save to the phone which is pretty useful, to show friends or correct SD formating errors... But since a couple months it's not saving it anymore. Do you know where it could come from ? I tried to unactive / active the function, but it only worked for one flight.
Maybe I got too much "cached" pictures and I need to delete some from my phone ?

2018-5-9
Use props
Brad Bilger
Captain
Flight distance : 14764163 ft

I got a couple of comments and started a thread about this same thing.  Android.  For me it started at 4.2.6 and has continued up to 4.2.14.  (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1331502)
When I asked, I was told that this is a "Known" issue that would be corrected in a future release of Go4.  Which hasn't happened just yet.  
I got no idea what happened or why it happened.  I only get Videos on my phone, in a directory called DJI_RECORD.  Then after about 12 hours after my flight, I get a directory that appears  on my phone called CACHE_IMAGE that has my photos, but in LOW LOW Resolution.  Like 15kb in size.  
And like you, I do wish that they would fix this since there is still the option in set up that says "Auto Sync HD Photos: If this setting is enabled then the aircraft will stream full resolution pictures taken from the drone to the mobile device during flight."  It don't work no matter which way the setting is.  

Sigh..
2018-5-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Vincent, please check if you are running the latest app on your mobile device, make sure that there is enough space on your mobile device, and remember to enable Auto Sync HD Photos.
If the HD photos will not show up on the local album, please check this route: DJI/dji.go.v4/DJI Album and see the original pictures are in this folder.
Either it has the original pictures in it, please kindly tell me the mobile device, the OS and the app version you are using. Some screenshots will be helpful. I would like to forward to the engineers to check. Thank you.
2018-5-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-5-9 15:27
I got a couple of comments and started a thread about this same thing.  Android.  For me it started at 4.2.6 and has continued up to 4.2.14.  (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=139268&page=1#pid1331502)
When I asked, I was told that this is a "Known" issue that would be corrected in a future release of Go4.  Which hasn't happened just yet.  
I got no idea what happened or why it happened.  I only get Videos on my phone, in a directory called DJI_RECORD.  Then after about 12 hours after my flight, I get a directory that appears  on my phone called CACHE_IMAGE that has my photos, but in LOW LOW Resolution.  Like 15kb in size.  

Brad, I had updated your post. Please also refer to my reply on 3#. When checking the folder route, please note to enter DJI first then GO.V4. Thank you for your attention.
2018-5-9
Use props
Brad Bilger
Captain

Android Go4 v4.2.14
Samsung Note 5 (Which has worked perfectly for the past 9 months)
Android Version 7.0
All Firmware up to date and current
Available storage on device 39.33 GB out of 64.00 GB Total.  And that's with all the videos/Images from my last flight still on the phone.  

Note: The CACHE_IMAGE folder does not show up immediately after the flight is complete, but shows up 10-12 hours AFTER the flight.  Previously, I had DJI_RECORD for Videos and DJI_ALBUM.  Album contained the higher resolution photos.  Previously, ALBUM and RECORD were available immediately after the flight.   Now, I get RECORD with the videos and that's it.  Then about 12 hours later, I get the CACHE album show up.  
I've rebooted the phone many times, I've checked the firmware and it is all current, I've cleared the cache out of my phone many times, I've rechecked the settings to make sure that the switch shown "Auto Sync HD Photos: If this setting is enabled then the aircraft will stream full resolution pictures taken from the drone to the mobile device during flight." is turned on.  

Everything shows up on the SD card in clear, wonderful resolution.  The Videos are recorded on the SD card AND my Phone perfectly.  It's the Stills that do not show up on my phone until hours later and then they are low resolution.  

I don't use the Editor portion of the app.  So I have no idea about that.  My hands are too big to try detail work there.  
2018-5-10
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Captain
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>

I don't get pictures saved on my S6 either, but do videos.  I have to retrieve the pictures directly from the SD card.  I have to be mindful of keeping the phone cache clear, as well as keeping the SD clean after long shots.  I have run into not having any room on both the phone and the SD card.
2018-5-10
Use props
martin joãoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 945105 ft

I think they changed it. Did a full re-install recently, before that the full size images (with geo tag) would appear in the gallery folder of my android phone. Now you have to download them from the aircraft to the phone, (a bit like a stiched pano). While the aircraft is still connected, go to the display mode (play symbol in lower corner on the right), select what you want to download to the phone and download.
My assumption is that transmitting high resolution images through the remote connection was detrimental to sth. maybe causing lag.
2018-5-11
Use props
Brad Bilger
Captain

martin joãoo Posted at 2018-5-11 10:35
I think they changed it. Did a full re-install recently, before that the full size images (with geo tag) would appear in the gallery folder of my android phone. Now you have to download them from the aircraft to the phone, (a bit like a stiched pano). While the aircraft is still connected, go to the display mode (play symbol in lower corner on the right), select what you want to download to the phone and download.
My assumption is that transmitting high resolution images through the remote connection was detrimental to sth. maybe causing lag.

I don't know... Mines been running on a Note 5 for the past 10 months with absolutely NO lag on ANYTHING.  And if they are doing this by design, why do they still have the option appear on the GO4 App for Auto Sync HD Photos?  https://store.dji.com/guides/dji-go-4-manual/8/

And if they were doing this by design, then why not explain this instead of changing it and saying that this is a "Known" issue waiting for correction?  So why send the fuzzy, thumbnail, unreadable sized photos to the device and put them on your device 12 hours after flight times??  

If the app had never of done this, I wouldn't be griping.  DJI's equipment AND their app for me have been flawless since I started with them.  Never a single problem.  I can live without the photos on my phone, but I think that if it was because transmitting high resolution still images through the remote connection was causing lag, what about transmitting VIDEOS over the same link??  Considering that the video feed is running from the time you start the app up until you shut it down after flights.  After all, whats going to take up more bandwidth?  a 4000 KB Still image or a 1 GB video file??  

2018-5-11
Use props
EMPIREURN
lvl.1
United Kingdom

RE: Mavic 2 saving footage & pictures on phone

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-5-11 15:46
I don't know... Mines been running on a Note 5 for the past 10 months with absolutely NO lag on ANYTHING.  And if they are doing this by design, why do they still have the option appear on the GO4 App for Auto Sync HD Photos?  https://store.dji.com/guides/dji-go-4-manual/8/

And if they were doing this by design, then why not explain this instead of changing it and saying that this is a "Known" issue waiting for correction?  So why send the fuzzy, thumbnail, unreadable sized photos to the device and put them on your device 12 hours after flight times??  

hi, I have the opposite problem - footage is being uploaded to my phone - but I don't want it! How do I turn it off? I also have an issue where, when I press the 'record' button on the RC, there is a delay before recording starts and I have missed some great shots as a result (before I realised that the delay was there). I have logged with DJI support so expect a reply but wondered if anyone else has experienced this?
2019-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules