[Mavic Air] Blurry image half right side, shaking gimbal
2828 36 2018-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

I am so sorry for redundancy post, but i did not get any respond so i will leave it here. I got Mavic Air over a month, after read several post about blurry, soft image/video from Mavic air make me concern. So can you help to verify if it is fine? Links here for video/ image:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kzsulkiwoxcr7mr/Raw%20MA.zip?dl=0

And shaking gimbal while descend or landing:

2018-5-9
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

Any DJI officer aware my case?
2018-5-10
Use props
IflewbyU2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1066076 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same! My Mavic Air is slightly soft on the right side too, every video/image I shoot. more near 1/3 from the right than on the right edge.  But here is the interesting thing, something you need to check: the problem doesn't exist if you walk around holding the drone and snapping pictures (on mine anyway). So it is a flight vibration problem, not a lens problem. A year or more back, I got a Mavic Pro that had the same problem, only about 20 times worse. That was how I knew to check it when not flying. So check your images and video when not in flight, if the blur goes away, you too have a vibration problem. My only possible offering of a fix is to try other sets of props to see if the results are better, or find a way to balance these tiny props.
2018-5-12
Use props
IflewbyU2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1066076 ft
  • >>>
United States

IflewbyU2 Posted at 2018-5-12 13:09
Same! My Mavic Air is slightly soft on the right side too, every video/image I shoot. more near 1/3 from the right than on the right edge.  But here is the interesting thing, something you need to check: the problem doesn't exist if you walk around holding the drone and snapping pictures (on mine anyway). So it is a flight vibration problem, not a lens problem. A year or more back, I got a Mavic Pro that had the same problem, only about 20 times worse. That was how I knew to check it when not flying. So check your images and video when not in flight, if the blur goes away, you too have a vibration problem. My only possible offering of a fix is to try other sets of props to see if the results are better, or find a way to balance these tiny props.

I have switched to a new set of props, no help. Same exact level of softness in the exact same place. So I think prop vibrations can be ruled out a the source. I am now wondering if the new gimbal support system in the Air is still not perfect. I believe it is much better thought through than that of the Mavic Pro, but possibly still not perfect. I am going to try shooting some video while walking it around instead of flying, again. Gotta check again to see if the blur is present when not flying at all.
2018-5-13
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

I replaced all props already but did not help, some users already had replaced their drone. If possible you should send for replacement as soon as possible. I need some engineers from DJI answer reason for those issue as drone did not cheap as several bucks.
2018-5-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the late response. May I have more details about the blur issue? Does the issue appear on every flight? What's the current aircraft firmware? The pictures have been forwarded to our engineers for review, and we'll come back as soon as there is an update.
2018-5-13
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

Dear Susan, i answer your questions below :
1. Yes, the blurry happened all flights, day and night, auto to manual settings
2. Current remote control and mavic air is latest 0400
3. I have tried to reset factory, refresh firmware on both rc and quad, calibrate rc, imu, compass, gimball, reset settings already.

Thank you very much for your support
2018-5-13
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

I also changed to brand new props that were included in my mavic air box.
2018-5-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Optimus Prime-Mavic Air Posted at 2018-5-13 19:59
I also changed to brand new props that were included in my mavic air box.

Received with thanks! Our engineers are reviewing the files, and I'll keep follow up.
2018-5-14
Use props
itsjustme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

Its funny, we are almost at two years of the mavic release and DJI still wont acknowledge that this blurry issue is due to physical defects in the camera system of the Mavic, Seriously as a company shame on them for walking around this issue and still asking users to provide sample pictures. That is non sense. I've said this many times. Mavic was the last dji product ever i buy. You guys have no customer service at all.
2018-5-14
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

itsjustme Posted at 2018-5-14 06:00
Its funny, we are almost at two years of the mavic release and DJI still wont acknowledge that this blurry issue is due to physical defects in the camera system of the Mavic, Seriously as a company shame on them for walking around this issue and still asking users to provide sample pictures. That is non sense. I've said this many times. Mavic was the last dji product ever i buy. You guys have no customer service at all.

I should research with key words "Mavic air issues" before making decision. I hope they can work out something in the future, then buyers will not have to face issues like us. I thought of getting MP or Phantom but i have just walked to drone world so... But this issue really freaks me out and more carefully in the future choices.
2018-5-14
Use props
charlesetischer
lvl.2

Hong Kong

From the photo point of view, the right part is indeed more blurred than the left part. It is very likely a problem with the lens.
2018-5-15
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

charlesetischer Posted at 2018-5-15 20:16
From the photo point of view, the right part is indeed more blurred than the left part. It is very likely a problem with the lens.

Yes, it seems hardware issue. Still wait for DJI confirmation. They have to do something
2018-5-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Optimus Prime-Mavic Air Posted at 2018-5-15 21:21
Yes, it seems hardware issue. Still wait for DJI confirmation. They have to do something

I just got an update from our engineers that they have been aware of this issue and will optimize in the next firmware upgrade. Thanks for your patience and support.
2018-5-17
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

Dear Susan, thank you very much for tracking my case, i hope i can have great footage from my air.
2018-5-17
Use props
fanse275329d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33159 ft
Netherlands

Same issue here, blurry on the right side. Do i need to send it in or wait for the next firmware update?
2018-5-21
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

You should send it right away, firmware may not be so affective as it caused by lens/sensor misaligned. This mean hardware issue then software. May i know what is your drone's color?
2018-5-21
Use props
fanse275329d
lvl.2
Netherlands

White, looked up the serial the production date is february.
2018-5-22
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

Owner of drone shop also told me number of white MA get camera issues are higher than other color. The most less is black. Mine is white too.
2018-5-22
Use props
fanse275329d
lvl.2
Netherlands

2018-5-22
Use props
fanse275329d
lvl.2
Netherlands

See the white building in the right, blurry.
2018-5-22
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

Can you try to stand in the other bridge far from you and capture that building but in the left side of frame. Style 0,0,0 and use tripod mode, or put drone in flat stable area, all auto. Capture house with trees and from several angle to check.
2018-5-22
Use props
Fams
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1652172 ft
  • >>>
Spain

So I'm thinking about buying a mavic air and seeing the problem, it is advisable to buy it in black or red to avoid the problem or it is just luck
2018-5-22
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

My suggestion : choose the pro platinum or wait for the next one. If you want to purchase MA, choose black one.
2018-5-23
Use props
Cap0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 217077 ft
Romania

Optimus Prime-Mavic Air Posted at 2018-5-22 00:30
Owner of drone shop also told me number of white MA get camera issues are higher than other color. The most less is black. Mine is white too.

I think the white ones were the first to be sold (and i think the majority of the users are going for white). I Can't find another explanation  for this.
2018-5-23
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-5-23
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

El Diablo Posted at 2018-5-23 00:53
This was (is?) hapenning very often with the Mavic Pro, I personaly had to return 2+1 (the 3d unit was cancelled even before arriving as the rep could not guarantee that the problem will not be present and I had to leave for holidays so I bought the Spark instead for that summer). Dji didn't proceeded with a recall as IMO every serious company should have done but instead only reacted to customers sending back their drones (they had to change the whole camera module). As a photographer, I've seen this when the sensor is missaligned (the focal plane is not paralel to the sensor but slightly tilted). This happens when poor R&D processes are in place (camera manufacturers or expensive lens makers test for these issues before the final product leaves the factory). Are you using a 4K or above monitor? Many folks have probably the same issue but it is not easily noticeable in a normal HD resolution. I would suggest you return your drone and get a new one if still on time.

You're right, DJI should improve their QA process to avoid this type of issue, i am very disappointed because spending a lot of money to get this issue. Beside, i did not have any warranty too. So may be i have to buy whole new gimbal with camera replacement or go to shop for manually recalibrate. Very frustrating.
2018-5-23
Use props
fanse275329d
lvl.2
Netherlands

I'm in conflict between sending it for repair of keeping it like this and do this later. I looked at it on a 4k monitor, seems that more users have this issue without noticing it. There's difference between 1080 and 4k on how much you can notice it. And seems that there are different locations on the image that users with problems have, some left some right. Maybe waiting some months will help improve DJI in solving the issue instead of random sending items back without testing it. Seems like a lot of frustration to receive a drone with the same issue. Question for me is how can i be sure to receive a drone without issues on the camera? only thing i can think of is waiting a couple of months. I already made a ticket, did get the standard list of troubleshooting steps. Firmware etc. If that doesn't help then sending it it, so looks like they acknowledge the issue. I think i'll wait until the new gadget feeling and play with it wares of and then send it in. I fly it almost every day at the moment.
2018-5-23
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

You should send it right away and keep doing that until you get a working mavic. Spending much money to get unsatisfied product will chew your mind when capturing footages that did not meet expectations. Just grounds for several days. Good luck
2018-5-23
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

Hi Diana, Susan, Thor,
     My issue now expanded to shaking gimbal while descend or landing. It kill all project of recording while descend for me, blurry image + shaking on 0400. How can it happen? Please make a fix soon, You can see my fly log because i uploaded already from app. Thank you very much, have a nice weekend
2018-5-26
Use props
Axeli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 339416 ft
Czechia

fanse275329d Posted at 2018-5-23 03:57
I'm in conflict between sending it for repair of keeping it like this and do this later. I looked at it on a 4k monitor, seems that more users have this issue without noticing it. There's difference between 1080 and 4k on how much you can notice it. And seems that there are different locations on the image that users with problems have, some left some right. Maybe waiting some months will help improve DJI in solving the issue instead of random sending items back without testing it. Seems like a lot of frustration to receive a drone with the same issue. Question for me is how can i be sure to receive a drone without issues on the camera? only thing i can think of is waiting a couple of months. I already made a ticket, did get the standard list of troubleshooting steps. Firmware etc. If that doesn't help then sending it it, so looks like they acknowledge the issue. I think i'll wait until the new gadget feeling and play with it wares of and then send it in. I fly it almost every day at the moment.

Yop, I have the same issue and same thoughts ) left side, in the middle.  
2018-5-26
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

After making clear thoughts, i prefer go for whole gimbal with camera replacement. Any pilots know any store that reliable sell that and ship to Vietnam? I talked with several sellers on ebay, aliexpress but they told me that unable to verify image quality of the lens and sensor. Thank you very much.
PS: I did not has official DJI repair here and send drone to other country and get back is impossible.
2018-6-1
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

Axeli Posted at 2018-5-26 09:09
Yop, I have the same issue and same thoughts ) left side, in the middle.

DId you send it for fix?
2018-6-14
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Without a doubt hardware.  I would get it replaced before too late.  
2018-6-14
Use props
Axeli
Second Officer
Czechia

Nope, I'm still not sure if it's a case for replacement. It's kinda OK from short distance. Landscapes are not so OK.

2018-6-15
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Second Officer
Vietnam

Axeli Posted at 2018-6-15 00:36
Nope, I'm still not sure if its case for replacement. It's kinda OK from short distance. Landscapes are not so OK.

[view_image]

Is there any related with strong light or vibration of the propellers? May be you should get a replacement soon. Thank you very much again for helping me out.
2018-6-15
Use props
Axeli
Second Officer
Czechia

Optimus_Prime Posted at 2018-6-15 01:50
Is there any related with strong light or vibration of the propellers? May be you should get a replacement soon. Thank you very much again for helping me out.

I have tried take some shots from hand, low light, same. You are welcome   
2018-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules