41238 18 2018-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

After a couple of great flights today, I started up the Mavic to make some more flights this evening when I got a SYS WARNING CHECK APP message on the Remote display.
So I checked the app and saw a status warning: GPS encounters data exception, please ask technical assistance for help.

After doing some digging around on the web, I was not very pleased with the results.
- Make sure your components are up to date : (check)
And that was about it.....

Next stop is support.

Maybe you 'guys' have some other suggestion?

IMG-5874.PNG

2018-5-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There is very little information about this warning.
It was common when flying in sport mode it was said This is due to the angle of the attack of the quad and I had experience it myself but found very little help on the subject, I have tried with moderators but still nothing. But then with FW upgrade warnings disappeared , so I will wait and see if someone can shed anymore light on this.
2018-5-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-10 12:01
There is very little information about this warning.
It was common when flying in sport mode it was said This is due to the angle of the attack of the quad and I had experience it myself but found very little help on the subject, I have tried with moderators but still nothing. But then with FW upgrade warnings disappeared , so I will wait and see if someone can shed anymore light on this.

Thanks for the reply.
I was not in sport mode. (indeed I found that post too)
The difference (from what I have read) is that 'you' are still able to fly.
I can't take off at all.
2018-5-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-5-10 12:30
Thanks for the reply.
I was not in sport mode. (indeed I found that post too)
The difference (from what I have read) is that 'you' are still able to fly.

You may have to contact support to see if you can get correct answer, because the likelihood is you will get many different answers here from won’t take off to flying in sport mode and as I said much of it is only speculation. Be good to know the correct answer.
Good Luck.
2018-5-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-10 13:42
You may have to contact support to see if you can get correct answer, because the likelihood is you will get many different answers here from won’t take off to flying in sport mode and as I said much of it is only speculation. Be good to know the correct answer.
Good Luck.

I have just send them an email.
Now it a game of 'wait and see'.
I will keep you updated via this thread when there is something interesting to tell.
2018-5-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

HI Mont, I have only encountered this error once but it did not hinder my flying, after a quick restart it never came back so i just put it down to some interference. Maybe a silly question, have you tried to refresh the firmware and check if this fixes it.
2018-5-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Not sure you will like what turned up from my digging.  Couple of people who encountered this problem had a bad GPS module.
2018-5-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. As Suren mentioned, could you please try to refresh the firmware and then check if it fixed. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.
2018-5-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Suren Posted at 2018-5-10 19:24
HI Mont, I have only encountered this error once but it did not hinder my flying, after a quick restart it never came back so i just put it down to some interference. Maybe a silly question, have you tried to refresh the firmware and check if this fixes it.

Thanks for the reply.
Just refreshing the firmware as we 'speak'.
Fingers crossed.
2018-5-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-10 19:36
Not sure you will like what turned up from my digging.  Couple of people who encountered this problem had a bad GPS module.

I read that too.
First thing is refreshing the FW.
Next stop is probably repair.
Hope I'm in time for the summer
2018-5-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-11 00:26
Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. As Suren mentioned, could you please try to refresh the firmware and then check if it fixed. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.

Hi Diana,

Thanks for the reply.
I'm refreshing the FW as we 'speak'.
Fingers crossed.
Next stop will be the repair center if that won't work.

Just hope to get it sorted out before summer
2018-5-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-11 00:26

Too bad.
It did not help.
I submitted a support case after talking with customer service.
I will keep 'you' posted here.
2018-5-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Suren Posted at 2018-5-10 19:24
HI Mont, I have only encountered this error once but it did not hinder my flying, after a quick restart it never came back so i just put it down to some interference. Maybe a silly question, have you tried to refresh the firmware and check if this fixes it.

Nope.
It did not help....
Started a support case just now.
2018-5-11
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-5-11 08:23
Nope.
It did not help....
Started a support case just now.

I am on 0100 not sure if you want to try a rollback on firmware, seems like a lot of issues with 0300, have nothing to lose while you wait.
2018-5-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Suren Posted at 2018-5-11 08:29
I am on 0100 not sure if you want to try a rollback on firmware, seems like a lot of issues with 0300, have nothing to lose while you wait.

I can give it a try tonight
2018-5-11
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-5-11 08:34
I can give it a try tonight

Hope it works
2018-5-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

I very much doubt it. It feels hardware related and others with the same issue only had luck via replacing the GPS unit.
2018-5-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-5-11 08:22
Too bad.
It did not help.
I submitted a support case after talking with customer service.

Sorry to read on this. If you encounter any difficulties during the repair progress, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'll be here for help.
2018-5-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-12 00:25
Sorry to read on this. If you encounter any difficulties during the repair progress, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'll be here for help.

I will.
The Mavic Pro just went on a long flight to Nuth (repair centre)
2018-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules