Any reason to buy a Mavic Pro
1103 13 2018-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_iTYmGJ1Ipw3c
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

I have a Mavic Air which I love and enjoy very much, however I've noticed prices dropping on the Mavic Pro including the Mavic Pro platinum. Is there any reason why I shouldn't buy a Mavic pro too if price is under $699? I hear it is still a great drone and has much better distance and flight time than the Air. Some say wait for the Mavic pro II becuase prices will drop even further.
2018-5-10
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

I would for sure jump on it for that price.  That is a killer deal.  I absolutely love my MP which I got as a refurb for $679 and am so glad I got it.  With the MP you get better battery life and better range thanks to it's OcuSync.  Go for it.
2018-5-10
Use props
Folkestone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 843199 ft
United Kingdom

It is a great drone, I am still on my first after nearly a year and a half of flying and fun.

Waiting for an unspecified update at an unspecified time could work but if they are cheap enough and you want one, go for it! Then don't look at prices when the II is released.
2018-5-10
Use props
djiuser_iTYmGJ1Ipw3c
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

Thanks for the recommendations I think I will bite the bullet.
2018-5-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cant go wrong for that price
2018-5-10
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Yeah better to get and enjoy now than to wait for who knows how long.  Then when/if the MP2 comes out you can look at selling your MP.  Either way get now and enjoy
2018-5-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Agreed. definitely for that price do it. I also been flying my one and only Mavic for over an year with no problems or bugs. (knock on wood) Mavic Pro is solid.
2018-5-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Because you have MavAir, I would wait patiently for release of Mavic 2,
2018-5-10
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

The Air and the Pro have very similar missions.  You would be better off buying the Phantom 4 Advance the next time it drops to $799 (clearing old stock).  The P4A has a diffent sensor and different mission.  Having the Air and the Pro would be like having a mustang and a camaro.  Better to have a mustang and a truck.
2018-5-10
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-5-10 16:09
The Air and the Pro have very similar missions.  You would be better off buying the Phantom 4 Advance the next time it drops to $799 (clearing old stock).  The P4A has a diffent sensor and different mission.  Having the Air and the Pro would be like having a mustang and a camaro.  Better to have a mustang and a truck.

so i have a similar feeling about owning a Mavic Pro.  I currently own an Air and would like a second drone.  I've been really looking at the Pro a lot, but am hesitant to bit the bullet because they are so similar.  And the DJI went and released a new Phantom this week.  Now i have to see if i can sell the idea of owning a second drone to the boss.
2018-5-10
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

If you had spark/MA then be patient for little more time to get updated MP or new Phantom. I definitely get new MP or new Phantom from next year.
2018-5-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-10 13:26
Yeah better to get and enjoy now than to wait for who knows how long.  Then when/if the MP2 comes out you can look at selling your MP.  Either way get now and enjoy

Yes, agree with you. Get it and enjoy it.
2018-5-10
Use props
Ridg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

Having an MA and MP is bit redundant IMO, the video / picture quality is so similar the only benefit is flight time, range and size (MA) best solution as mentioned is MA + P4

If I was you I'd wait for the MP2 and then decide as odds are it will sit between the MP and P4 in terms of size so could be a nice compromise.
2018-5-11
Use props
tomaszmm76
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1253458 ft
Iceland

OcuSync only and nothing more is needed for happiness
2018-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules