Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Please help, signal strength MP or MA for (car filming)
512 4 2018-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Speedingtube
New
Flight distance : 1365 ft

Hello,

I have a P3S and it’s been great but I’m looking to upgrade to a MP or MA. Portability has been a real pain with the P3S but my biggest issue has been with connectivity confidence.

Whilst many people fly from a fixed location, many of my flights will be from the passenger seat of a drift car at events going around a circuit or driving along quiet roads or disused airfields etc whilst maintaining a visual.

As I’ll be sat in a car the signal is likely to be reduced by the metal body and because the antennae won’t always be facing in the optimum direction.

The Mavic Pro seems to have a stronger connectivity signal than the Mavic Air, but the Mavic Air can shoot at 120fps which will be amazing for slow motion drift shots. I’ll never be much further away than 100m on track but I’d also like a solid 500m range for 1/4 drag racing events.

So, to sum up.
1. Which drone will give me the stronger connectivity out of the two as this is my biggest priority. I don’t want RTH when I’m 1 mile from the launch/home point. Is the MP Occusync far superior or is that just compared to the Phantom range?
2. Which one will provide good footge in less than ideal conditions (higher wind tolerances/stability).
3. Is the 120fps footage good enough on the MA to offset the weaker signal strength?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can offer informed guidance on which way I should go.

Thanks,

Tom
2018-5-10
Use props
Far_North
First Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

120fps won't do much for you if you can't stay connected.  Seems to me from reading your post that a reliable connection is your biggest concern.  For this reason I would recommend the MP or MPP.
2018-5-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You'll have a solid and excellent connection with the MA within a 500m radius - no different to the MPP. In areas with little interference the MA can fly out over a mile with no problems. The transmission system is excellent. You'll record 120p in FHD with a much better video bit rate so less compressed image. It will be more compact to transport with all of your other gear. It has the faster top speed in Sport mode at 42.5MPH and that's without wind. And the active track flight mode has been upgraded to capture multiple subjects. I own the MA and MPP and recommend the MA - especially for what you need.
2018-5-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Tom, actually, both of the Mavic air and Mavic pro are great drones, personally, the Mavic air is more portable. Thanks!
2018-5-10
Use props
Speedingtube
New
Flight distance : 1365 ft

United Kingdom

Thanks, seems like the MA is the way to go then. Portability is a big factor too! Thank you for the feedback peeps
2018-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules