MA v01.00.0400 Issues (glitch in yaw and slowly turning in yaw)
21081 273 2018-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Brantel Posted at 2018-5-15 15:39
What you are describing would be typical inside. Inside the drone is using the bottom vision sensors to do most of its position control so this issue would likely not show up inside. Even outside typically you have to get up high enough that the bottom sensors are not seeing the ground for the issues to really become noticeable.

Brantel, the reply in 46# is from our engineers. Please fly your drone in open place with good signal. We will continue to optimize the situation. Thanks for your support.
2018-5-16
Use props
Igor_G
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88750 ft
Latvia

I have the same problem with GPS , problems appeared during flight in closed area- do not see barriers!!!!!
2018-5-16
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 294997 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-16 02:21
Brantel, the reply in 46# is from our engineers. Please fly your drone in open place with good signal. We will continue to optimize the situation. Thanks for your support.

Reply 46?  This I don't fly my drone indoors or without good signal.  Have no idea what you are discussing.  Looks like you were actually replying to the original poster.
2018-5-16
Use props
Robxxx
lvl.2

Poland

wisnia.sebastian@gmail.com Posted at 2018-5-15 20:18
楼主你好,我们会进一步优化这个问题,同时建议你尽量去空旷地带起飞。

Ur nick is Sebastian Wiśnia?R U From Poland?
2018-5-16
Use props
Axeli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 339416 ft
Czechia

I have experienced this after update too, but just once. I was flying yesterday without problems.
2018-5-16
Use props
Igor_G
lvl.1
Latvia

Hello together!,
I have the same problem with drifting MA,do not compas calibrations, GPS .....  after update to 0400!!!
2018-5-16
Use props
Igor_G
lvl.1
Latvia

Ohhhhh!!!!  ...... and  I can't record a house point ( DJI go 4.2.14)
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Brantel Posted at 2018-5-16 03:28
Reply 46?  This I don't fly my drone indoors or without good signal.  Have no idea what you are discussing.  Looks like you were actually replying to the original poster.

I mean the the reply in Chinese which is from our engineer. The data shows a problem with MA and they will try to optimize it. Please calibrate the compass before flying in a new location. And we would not recommend you fly around many obstacles.
2018-5-17
Use props
Igor_G
lvl.1
Latvia

DJI Elektra!
How can I recover previous version of an update, while you are played with the software?
2018-5-17
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3563 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hope  we will get soon an firmware update to solve all these dangerous problems,
a pity thats no roll back possible for 0400...so Dji must hurry up to solve it.......
2018-5-17
Use props
Igor_G
lvl.1
Latvia

i'm very glad! A month ago I have bought a very good problem for $1400!
2018-5-17
Use props
sstimeare
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41437 ft
United States

i had this same problem and was able to resolve it by doing a visual calibration through assistant 2, stick calibration through app and then deleted and reinstalled GO4 app.   This fixed the problem and have flown for a week with no problem.
2018-5-17
Use props
SBasso
lvl.3

Malta

Brantel Posted at 2018-5-12 04:57
At this point I am almost afraid to fly the drone because with the way it is glitching and rotating on its own, I am in fear of it flying off or dropping out of the sky.  My MA has been treated well since I got it.  Never even bumped it into anything or even had anything close to a minor crash.  It was working like a dream before the firmware update!

That's exactly what I think..
I regret badly in updating.

I'm.not flying it to.
2018-5-17
Use props
Gala
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8035 ft
Romania

Igor_G Posted at 2018-5-14 22:59
Hi, Friends!
Ever since updating to v01.00.0400 my Mavic Air do not compas calibrate..... also other problems appeared during flight. How can I recover previous version of an update? Are there any recomendations from DJI?

Same probleme with mine. I returned it because it was new.
2018-5-18
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

New DJI go 4.2.16 just released last days. Please see if this can fix the problems.
2018-5-18
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
United States

GDL Posted at 2018-5-18 05:56
New DJI go 4.2.16 just released last days. Please see if this can fix the problems.

This issue appears to be Drone Firmware related not app related.  The drone experiences these issues in Litchi as well.  Others have reported both Android and iOS versions have same issues.
2018-5-19
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

i wish i could combine all of these Firmware threads together...  

I wanted to share what i've done and the little progress it has made, while still not making my aircraft they way it was..

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... amp;fromuid=1682706
2018-5-19
Use props
LookAt_Wictim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2621982 ft
Slovakia

sstimeare Posted at 2018-5-17 12:14
i had this same problem and was able to resolve it by doing a visual calibration through assistant 2, stick calibration through app and then deleted and reinstalled GO4 app.   This fixed the problem and have flown for a week with no problem.

if i reinstall app i will loose all preview videos and photos ? (ios)
2018-5-19
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

LookAt_Wictim Posted at 2018-5-19 09:08
if i reinstall app i will loose all preview videos and photos ? (ios)

I don't know for sure on IOS, but i was able to copy the DJI folder from my android and kept everything.  I also synced my flight record so when i signed back in after reinstallation, and synced again, all of my records were back.
2018-5-19
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft

Had 3 batteries worth of flying today using the latest app (iOS) and MA firmware.... absolutely PERFECT! No loss of FCC, no unstable video, no loss of signal over a reasonable distance (furthest away was 620m), no undemanded movements.... just a wonderful hour of flying & filming! I love this little drone!
2018-5-19
Use props
Elysian
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi guys!
As I don't have a reference point, to compare, and because I heard a lot of stories about " issues with latest firmware" i have for you just a quick question:
Today I flied for the first time in open space - 5 min in a park
I lifted the drone around 5-7 m until the sensors stopped beeping, and then I let it hover for a while.
It is " Normal" ??? that time to time, the drone seems to balance left right few centimeters ? Without me touching the controls!
When I arrived home, I looked in the video footage from the camera and I didn't noticed any strange obvious movement/balance, but for sure the drone was moving/balancing few times left right while I was looking at her, without giving any instruction. It wasn't all the time, maybe in the first 2 min - and lasted few seconds. Then, I didn't noticed this sudden - lateral- short ( incremental) movements while operating the drone.
It was a little bit windy...but not very very windy!
It is normal to see this balance time to time( like an adjusting movement) - or Mavic Air should stay pretty much "still" while hovering ?
Thank you!
2018-5-19
Use props
SBasso
lvl.3

Malta

Too much has been described & explained...
Almost a month and nothing has been done.

I cannot fly my drone as the risk are too high as the drone costs a lot.
Very disappointed, at this moment.

Any other news regarding this matter?
Just re opened the previous Fw back to downgrade & I will never ever upgrade it again
My drone was a kicker before it

2018-5-21
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

So about a MONTH has gone by with the mountains of data presented here demonstrating a clear issue, promises made to people's FB pages from supposed DJI engineers, and yet complete silence now; what happened to an imminent fix?!?! We've gotten a DJI GO 4 app update, which does NOT address what has been described here, and my MA still tends to lose altitude, and spontaneously rise when it feels like, albeit attitude and rudder control has vastly improved since I re-calibrated it 4 times!

And my ticket with DJI support was such a farrago, I almost feel like reporting them to some place like the BBB, as it feels they intentionally try NOT to help customers and instead hinder and deceive them!

When will DJI step up to the plate and fix these issues??? It's been a MONTH, it can't possibly take them this long to fix this???
2018-5-24
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
United States

Was really hoping for a firmware update before the holiday weekend..... Bummer!
2018-5-25
Use props
Scoobywrx05
lvl.2
Flight distance : 917844 ft
United States

Brantel Posted at 2018-5-25 10:59
Was really hoping for a firmware update before the holiday weekend..... Bummer!

Yeah really but it’s more like that saying from that one movie “No soup for you!”
2018-5-26
Use props
Scoobywrx05
lvl.2
United States

SBasso Posted at 2018-5-21 05:28
Too much has been described & explained...
Almost a month and nothing has been done.

That’s what insurance is for. If it falls out of the sky insurance will cover it and whatever it hits on the way down.
2018-5-26
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Elysian Posted at 2018-5-19 13:00
Hi guys!
As I don't have a reference point, to compare, and because I heard a lot of stories about " issues with latest firmware" i have for you just a quick question:
Today I flied for the first time in open space - 5 min in a park

unfortunately, right now, issues like this are normal.  They are the result of the .400 firmware.  and that is what this entire thread is about.  before this firmware, the Mavic Air was solid as a rock.  it would hover like it was sitting on a tripod.  now, it's shaky.  I've been able to clean mine up a bit, and i'm back to flying at altitudes around 300ft and distances around 2000 ft.

We, the Mavic pilots, are waiting for a new firmware update to fix the current problems.
2018-5-26
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

3-D Posted at 2018-5-26 16:04
unfortunately, right now, issues like this are normal.  They are the result of the .400 firmware.  and that is what this entire thread is about.  before this firmware, the Mavic Air was solid as a rock.  it would hover like it was sitting on a tripod.  now, it's shaky.  I've been able to clean mine up a bit, and i'm back to flying at altitudes around 300ft and distances around 2000 ft.

We, the Mavic pilots, are waiting for a new firmware update to fix the current problems.

I just took my MA to the skies yesterday, and once again upon takeoff, my MA started to “circle” around the takeoff point for about 10 seconds, before finally settling down and going to hover with stability.

I’m not sure if I can attribute this to the firmware, as the winds were around 15-20KM/h, and it had 9 GPS sat locks upon startup (home point was recorded OK before starting engines), but before the .0400 firmware, I was able to takeoff in worse conditions and it would go up and hover, as others have said, as if it were attached to a tripod.

And another week goes by, and just more silence from DJI on this. Their support is DEPLORABLE, and I can say that from having personally dealt with their support teams now, they are a joke. Such a shame for a company that otherwise puts out some of the best drones on the planet.
2018-5-27
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Scoobywrx05 Posted at 2018-5-26 12:57
That’s what insurance is for. If it falls out of the sky insurance will cover it and whatever it hits on the way down.

Using insurance almost sounds like a cop-out for DJI.

Yes, accidents and malfunctions happen, but the issues surrounding .0400 should not be excused by recommending insurance.

It’s quite obvious that DJI pushed out .0400 without adequate QA testing, likely because of the seriousness of the issues they discovered in .0300, but that’s still no excuse to cut corners on testing to software for a device that can cause severe physical injury and property damage.

We’re not talking about putting out an OS patch that might just cause an app to crash as a result of being rushed out. We’re talking about causing a flying machine to go haywire and crash into a person or property!
2018-5-27
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-5-27 12:20
I just took my MA to the skies yesterday, and once again upon takeoff, my MA started to “circle” around the takeoff point for about 10 seconds, before finally settling down and going to hover with stability.

I’m not sure if I can attribute this to the firmware, as the winds were around 15-20KM/h, and it had 9 GPS sat locks upon startup (home point was recorded OK before starting engines), but before the .0400 firmware, I was able to takeoff in worse conditions and it would go up and hover, as others have said, as if it were attached to a tripod.

i am in complete agreement
2018-5-27
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-5-27 12:24

Yes, accidents and malfunctions happen, but the issues surrounding .0400 should not be excused by recommending insurance.

again, i agree.  Insurance is for accidents.  If i'm doing something and crash the craft, and cause damage to someone or something, that is where insurance comes in.  but for DJI to jack up the craft, and their firmware/software causes machines not to operate as intended, is a travesty.  for anyone to suggest that is what insurance is for, has missed the point.  This is not an insurance issue.  this is a 'DJI, FIX YOUR STUFF" issue.

as an example, say a car manufacturer had a recall to fix a safety issue.  The fix they performed caused the car to veer off course unexpectedly without input from the steering wheel.  Would you want to put the responsibility on your insurance company who had nothing to with the recall, or would you put the onus to fix the problem squarely on the shoulders of the car manufacturer?

What was the problem in .300 that was 'fixed' with .400?
2018-5-27
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Please have a look at this new thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-150159-1-1.html
2018-5-27
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

We know that large assembly lines can, at certain times, use components from multiple suppliers, but with the same requirement of standards, as for example in the automobile industry and mobile phones.

It may be that certain components, even if they meet the standard required by DJI, are more susceptible to variations with this new firmware.

I'm impressed how my MAVIC AIR worked perfectly with the 200 and 300 firmwares and now, with the 400 series, presents several problems.
Of course we can try to do the rollback via D.U.M.L.d.o.r.e. but I would find it more interesting, courageous and honest that DJI itself gave this opportunity to DJI ASSIST.

What is making us upset is the delay in taking action.

Not ready the NEW firmware ????? Let us download and install the previous one.

2018-5-27
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-5-27 13:26
Please have a look at this new thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-150159-1-1.html

Watchberger,

I know you’ve been around in this forum much longer than I, and many others have been, who have much less flight time and experience than you, but I have 24+ years experience as an IT professional, and as such, view this situation from a different perspective than perhaps even a UAV pilot would, having a deeper understanding of the technology side of things.

You cannot simply dismiss LEGITIMATE complaints that are tangible and demonstratable by even a minority of operators here. In the thread you posted, to which I responded, you dismissed my observations about your test hover flights out of hand, despite the fact my observations weren’t fabricated, and were actually in your video. Regardless of how minor they may have been, THEY WERE OBSERVABLE, and in previous versions of the MA FW, did not occur.

And regardless if YOUR particular MA hasn’t displayed the issues reported by myself and others, it DOES NOT make it any less real, and in this case, potentially dangerous to property, innocent observers, and even the operators!

TZero summed it up quite nicely in this post:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=147912&pid=1376708&fromuid=1713456

In the world of electronics, a single component could be manufactured, to DJI specs, by many different manufacturing partners. As this issue manifests itself with seemingly only some MA’s, it’s logical to assume this is related to a driver, or some line of code in the software somewhere that interacts differently with some of the hardware variations found in MA production, causing those units to behave erratically in operation.

If you wanted to demonstrate the reliability of your MA with a video, fine, but please don’t go around posting it as if it’s gospel in other threads full of people complaining, and providing evidence of, a GENUINE and DANGEROUS issue with some of these devices, and being dismissive of those with the issue. It makes you look like a DJI fanboy and protector, when in this case a BIG spotlight should be getting shined on DJI for this issue.
2018-5-27
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-5-27 19:00
Watchberger,

I know you’ve been around in this forum much longer than I, and many others have been, who have much less flight time and experience than you, but I have 24+ years experience as an IT professional, and as such, view this situation from a different perspective than perhaps even a UAV pilot would, having a deeper understanding of the technology side of things.

I have not dismissed or tried to play down anything which you will notice if you properly and objectively read my post. It is obvious that some pilots are experiencing problems that other's don't. All I try is to contribute to finding the root cause. And if there was a general bug in the firmware causing the yaw at take off, all Mavic Airs should be affected. But they aren't.
2018-5-27
Use props
SBasso
lvl.3

Malta

Scoobywrx05 Posted at 2018-5-26 12:57
That’s what insurance is for. If it falls out of the sky insurance will cover it and whatever it hits on the way down.

That would be brilliant if applied in Europe!
So far, here, its at your own risk!
2018-5-28
Use props
Scoobywrx05
lvl.2
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-5-27 12:24

It’s a Chinese made drone with economical components used in it. It will fail at some point in time whether from a component failure or a glitch in the firmware or a number of other things that are beyond your control . It’s not like having a failure in a plane where most of the time you can glide to the ground or a helicopter where you can autorotate to the ground and land safely without damage to the craft or people or property. I do not put enough faith in DJI’s craftsmanship or their engineers to build and be able to update a drone and have it fly perfectly every time out to not have insurance on it. Should they fix the firmware issue? Yes,damn right they should and it should have been done weeks ago.
2018-5-28
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-5-27 22:22
I have not dismissed or tried to play down anything which you will notice if you properly and objectively read my post. It is obvious that some pilots are experiencing problems that other's don't. All I try is to contribute to finding the root cause. And if there was a general bug in the firmware causing the yaw at take off, all Mavic Airs should be affected. But they aren't.

Your reply suggests you didn't fully read / comprehend the points I provided in my post, or that of TZero's post, oh well...

Bottom line, there IS a quantifiable, and dangerous issue being created by the latest firmware in some of the MA units in circulation, and it's causing a safety hazard for operators and other's in the vicinity of these units while in operation.

And DJI's lack of response on this has been disgraceful. I'm one of those people who had to perform 3 IMU, VPS, and Compass re-calibrations in order to have it fly relatively normal again for a few flights, only for the yaw and rotating roll problems on takeoff to re-occur this weekend. I have no choice but to ground my drone out of an abundance of safety concern until DJI gets their $&^T together and fixes this.
2018-5-28
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Scoobywrx05 Posted at 2018-5-28 07:32
It’s a Chinese made drone with economical components used in it. It will fail at some point in time whether from a component failure or a glitch in the firmware or a number of other things that are beyond your control . It’s not like having a failure in a plane where most of the time you can glide to the ground or a helicopter where you can autorotate to the ground and land safely without damage to the craft or people or property. I do not put enough faith in DJI’s craftsmanship or their engineers to build and be able to update a drone and have it fly perfectly every time out to not have insurance on it. Should they fix the firmware issue? Yes,damn right they should and it should have been done weeks ago.

To be fair, I've seen the MA teardown performed to see what the internals look like, and I must say the engineering and craftsmanship of the hardware is actually FAR SUPERIOR than that of their competitors on the market.

Not to mention, pretty much EVERYTHING these days is made in China, so the claim of them using "economical components" can be said for most anything made there, it's not a differentiating factor I'd use in this circumstance.

I do have faith in their hardware designs, but just not in their software, and lately, DEFINITELY not in their Support teams, which down right SUCK.
2018-5-28
Use props
dv8ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 360322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's my video of issue.

I've refreshed firmware 3 times using latest DJI Assistant, IMU, Vision, sticks, compass calibration done it all.
Refreshed firmware via DJI Go 4 by holding down 3 dashes, deleted app/re-installed app, Samsung S9 Plus, iPad Mini 4.
I've updated every firmware release no yaw issues, 400 has this issue on my AC.
Also video kind of choppy/lag on this 400 firmware release.

2018-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules