MA v01.00.0400 Issues (glitch in yaw and slowly turning in yaw)
21079 273 2018-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-10 10:40
OK,

Here are some of the logs I was able to obtain off my iOS device for the last time my MA exhibited a sudden yaw movement after takeoff...

First off you have added 1 phantom log, and your right it doesn’t show any Yaw problems, if your aircraft moves a few feet from take off left right forward or backwards. This has nothing to do with Yaw problem, Yaw movement is left or right on its own axis or aircraft axis, sudden movements in any direction are nothing to do with Yaw .
They are more likely to be controls not being pushed up straight, most common, or problem with IMU , so all motors not running at the same speed will cause aircraft to veer or jump forwards or backwards left or right. Again this has nothing to do with Yaw.
Your video also shows no Yaw movement while hovering.

If you choose to put the bigger phantom help log we might see more.

Regarding VLOS , VLOS has nothing to do with cameras long lenses or anything else. VLOS is simply vision line of sight, it doesn’t cover any aids to see excluding spectacles, in your post you left out anything regarding lookout with other aids. And for one who has been harping on about flying out of VLOS because of the risk to people and property, this is exactly what you say you done.
Your longer phantom log will clearly show if you were getting consistent Yaw interference while flying using elevator to continually correct this, Brantle has the necessary to show how far and how much movement was caused by involuntary Yaw movement.

A Yaw movement on its own will never cause your aircraft to jump or suddenly change position.
If you want to check if you have reported Yaw movement, you just have to hover your aircraft and it will start to very slowly rotate staying on the same spot. If you have this problem it can cause aircraft to slightly veer to one side or other when only pushing elevator stick forwards or backwards.
Also to stop it rotating freely you only need to push sport button on then off.
2018-7-10
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-10 11:44
First off you have added 1 phantom log, and your right it doesn’t show any Yaw problems, if your aircraft moves a few feet from take off left right forward or backwards. This has nothing to do with Yaw problem, Yaw movement is left or right on its own axis or aircraft axis, sudden movements in any direction are nothing to do with Yaw .
They are more likely to be controls not being pushed up straight, most common, or problem with IMU , so all motors not running at the same speed will cause aircraft to veer or jump forwards or backwards left or right. Again this has nothing to do with Yaw.

See, I knew you would throw it back at me claiming no YAW problems! You're back to your old F'ing M-O, spin, twist and turn it around on the pilot! You're so predictable.

I have a feeling even if I was recording the takeoff with another camera to show the violent yaw move, you'd still say "oh this is fine, it's normal, nothing wrong here", or make the exact claim that it was probably the pilot moving the stick and not even knowing it...

Tell me, how would I be touching the controls during takeoff when I performed a precision takeoff, took my hands off the controls, and had finished re-calibrating the RC just that afternoon, and noted no input on the controls? Oh, that's right, cause I didn't touch the controls, and the MA went haywire during takeoff!

And you keep speaking as if you know it all, but you know NOTHING... I already said earlier that this is just the first of TWO I will be posting, and this one is ONLY the log of the takeoff which had Yaw issue, and IT IS a YAW issue.

BTW, with 18 locked satellites with 5 bars of signal strength, even by MA flight operators guide, this is enough to lock the aircraft in so tight onto the coordinate, there should be ZERO drift. On the old 0300 FW, the MA would take off and STAY in the same spot above the takeoff zone, even in wind, with no drift or deviation. The drift issue, along with the yaw issue, was introduced with 0400, as SO MANY here are reporting!

And the following issue I will be posting is ROLL issues, not YAW! You really try to twist and spin EVERYTHING and make yourself sound smart, but in reality, you sound stupid as a stump!

Regarding VLOS, how else is one to test something if you don't push it to the point of reported issues? Rather do the test over an open area to see what happens. And using augmented means to maintain VLOS for testing purposes is fine; as long as I can see it, that's VLOS still. And I will continue to harp on people not to take their drone out of VLOS simply because that's the prudent and safe thing to do under normal operating conditions, and to recommend otherwise is inappropriate. If I myself want to take the risk for testing, that is my choice and I will bear the responsibility for any consequences myself.

I'm gonna post the next set of data, but I DO NOT WANT to see your crap comments any longer. I'd much rather value some of the other captains and pilots here to view, cause I know all you do is be insulting, condescending and blame everything on pilot error, cause everyone here knows you like to blame the pilots and never acknowledge FW issues.
2018-7-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-10 12:19
See, I knew you would throw it back at me claiming no YAW problems! You're back to your old F'ing M-O, spin, twist and turn it around on the pilot! You're so predictable.

I have a feeling even if I was recording the takeoff with another camera to show the violent yaw move, you'd still say "oh this is fine, it's normal, nothing wrong here", or make the exact claim that it was probably the pilot moving the stick and not even knowing it...

First off it looks like you only want people to come up with the same findings as you or you throw your toys out of the pram.

Yaw , Yaw only has two movements left/right, but only on its own axis, it cannot move any distance in any way only around itself.

1/ I never said you moved any controls at take off read again.

2/ Yaw will not cause your aircraft to move or jump in any direction. Yaw can only turn your Aircraft left or right.

3/almost no dji Aircraft including Pro Aircraft take off directly straight up from exact spot it took off from, your Aircraft is not and never will be that precise.

4/ it’s pretty clear that while hovering your aircraft never moved you can see this by watching the small triangle. This differs totally from what you say in your post, that aircraft was moving slowly left.

I hope sombody else rows in here, but I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt looking at this very short log and very short video. There is absolutely nothing here to show any strange Yaw movement . I’m not saying you Aircraft didn’t jump that would be impossible from this information. But Yaw on its own was not the cause of it jumping.
2018-7-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

OK,

Here are some of the logs I was able to obtain off my iOS device for the last time my MA exhibited a sudden yaw movement after takeoff...

If you want any Un-Biased and Trustworthy input on the FlightLogs, ask JJBSpark to run his program on FlightData Log.

PS: Please don't shoot messenger.  But it was a baited Trap.  Baited for sole purpose of continuing Trash & Troll of thread.  No matter what FlightLog showed, it was going to be subject to SPIN, Twist, Denial, and Distraction.

2018-7-10
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-10 01:15
I don’t and have never intended thrashing any thread. The fact that you have just thrashed another one of my threads is fair enough proof who thrashes threads.
It’s true to say you have now done this same thing to 13 of my threads yes 13, you even posted a separate thread about me naming me, not only by my avatar but also by my real name.
Dji removed this thread , so this might clear up any confusion about who actually thrashes threads.

Thank you very much for all these true words that hopefully everyone here will read, think about and draw the appropriate conclusions!
2018-7-10
Use props
The Otter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1031240 ft
France

See, I knew you would throw it back at me claiming no YAW problems! You're back to your old F'ing M-O, spin, twist and turn it around on the pilot! You're so predictable.

Can you do the first step of a remote calibration ? When moving the stick(s), do you see any abnormal input ?

I have a very similar problem (my MA is turning right randomly), and just found out that the left stick says to go right (up to 100%), when I'm not touching it, or while pushing it up or down.

Regarding trolls, just don't feed them.
2018-7-10
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

WayneMHK Posted at 2018-7-9 06:34
I had the same experience and ended up buying another one to test (which flies w/o issue on .0400).  So I finally sent my other one in, and within 2 days of DJI receiving it was notified that they were replacing the core board (under warranty).  Makes me wonder if they have a group of aircraft with faulty boards that are affected by the latest update and are just waiting for all of them to be sent in.  We'll see what happens when I get it back on Wed.  My support experience was pretty good once I bit the bullet and sent the darn thing in.

And this is precisely what everyone should do who is having problems, well done!
2018-7-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-10 13:16
Thank you very much for all these true words that hopefully everyone here will read, think about and draw the appropriate conclusions!

Thank you very much for all these true words that hopefully ...

Rah, rah - sis boom ba!    

Hear, hear everyone.  Listen to him who professes ''all these true words''; drinketh the Purple Kool-Aid...

2018-7-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

The Otter Posted at 2018-7-10 13:17
Can you do the first step of a remote calibration ? When moving the stick(s), do you see any abnormal input ?

I have a very similar problem (my MA is turning right randomly), and just found out that the left stick says to go right (up to 100%), when I'm not touching it, or while pushing it up or down.

That is strange.  Almost like a glitch in FW is making drone's navigation system think it is getting a command it is not.
2018-7-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

See, I knew you would throw it back at me claiming no YAW problems! You're back to your old F'ing M-O, spin, twist and turn it around on the pilot! You're so predictable.

Nobody’s trying to rubbish your log , your log is what it is, and hopefully someone else will row in here, you forget I have seen the Yaw problem in Mavic Air , it has also been said here on this thread by brantel, that dji are aware of it, and we hope it’s fixed in next FW, brantel has also said that he was told it was safe to fly.
No matter how much you jump up and down it won’t make these logs show anything different than what they show. Nobody’s denying you don’t have a Yaw problem , I have seen this myself in other aircraft, but it’s not showing up in this log.
What is strange is a sudden jump 25 degrees to the left, if this was a Yaw issue, something that big would have shown in your log as Yaw error , so you probably need to think that it might be something else.

Anyway hedgetrimmer has as he usually does trying to cause as much confusion as he can , so hopefully he will tell you what’s in the log he’s a captain, or maybe someone else will.
2018-7-10
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 294997 ft
United States

OK,

To get the best view into what was going on I would need the DAT file off of your mobile device but I was able to confirm there was a pretty good yaw glitch about 4-5 seconds into this log:
yaw glitch.png

This was yaw movement that was not commanded by the pilot.  The other two yaw changes were pilot commanded.  There was another smaller glitch around the 46-48 second mark.  I can also confirm that this is a log from a flight of a Mavic Air.
I would love to see the DAT file off the mobile device.

2018-7-10
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-10 13:16

Oh look, the second stooge is here, defending the first!

Oh, and BTW, after @Brantel 's factual assesment of the logs, you REALLY have made yourself look like a total STOOGE of @hallmark007

If I were you, I'd distance myself from him...
2018-7-10
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Brantel Posted at 2018-7-10 14:24
To get the best view into what was going on I would need the DAT file off of your mobile device but I was able to confirm there was a pretty good yaw glitch about 4-5 seconds into this log:
[view_image]

Thank you @Brantel !!!

That was exactly the type of analysis I was looking for.

Not to mention, vindication from the idiot trolls professing there was no yaw glitch!

Calling @hallmark007 and @Wachtberger, where are you now? Where is pilot error or IMU glitch error?

Don't either of you DARE make any further comments...

@Brantel, I'm going to try posting the second batch of logs / videos of the second flight where my MA was rolling to the right during forward flight. If you could look at those after I post, I would be indebted to you! I'll also get you the original DAT files from this flight, and the following flight as well!

Cheers mate!
2018-7-10
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

To get the best view into what was going on I would need the DAT file off of your mobile device but I was able to confirm there was a pretty good yaw glitch about 4-5 seconds into this log:
[view_image]

Also, I almost forgot, I actually have another flight log from about 2 weeks ago I performed over a lake out in the middle of nowhere, where I also performed video capture, and the MA yaw'ed pretty good to the left once it was about I'd say 15-20ft away, so there is visual and log data for that one.

I'll look for that and try to get that uploaded too.

Cheers mate!
2018-7-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

[view_image]

I took my MA out for a flight yesterday, and less than 2m into the takeoff procedure, it (almost violently) yawed to the left I'd say a good 20-25 degrees, and once reaching precision takeoff altitude of 6m, started yawing slowly to the left again, and shaking

I think in the interest of fairness and without your friend pi#sing himself. Does the log match what he says happened, because even looking at your log there is very little resemblance to what poster is saying. Remember 25 degrees is a full quarter turn of the aircraft and you glitch at 4 seconds is not showing this.
2018-7-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-10 14:36
Thank you @Brantel !!!

Don't either of you DARE make any further comments... or what?
Well there is nothing in that report only Yaw glitch at 4 seconds, and it’s nothing even resembling a full quarter turn of the aircraft you say you had in your post, 25 degree turn, it also doesn’t show slow Yaw to the left also you describe. I’m sure more will be seen from your 1000 metre flight,
2018-7-10
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-10 15:35
Don't either of you DARE make any further comments... or what?
Well there is nothing in that report only Yaw glitch at 4 seconds, and it’s nothing even resembling a full quarter turn of the aircraft you say you had in your post, 25 degree turn, it also doesn’t show slow Yaw to the left also you describe. I’m sure more will be seen from your 1000 metre flight,

F'ing troll... You've been proven bluntly WRONG, that there WAS a yaw glitch, now you proclaim "oh that's nothing to warrant what you say happened", what a sad little man...

I already know, when I post the next clips, and my older logs / videos, you'll spout the same trash and proclaim it's nothing...

These responses are going to my screenshot library for posterity, and don't think for one moment I won't post them up again when you spout idiotic nonsense like this again in any other thread. You won't be able to live it down.
2018-7-10
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-10 15:09
I took my MA out for a flight yesterday, and less than 2m into the takeoff procedure, it (almost violently) yawed to the left I'd say a good 20-25 degrees, and once reaching precision takeoff altitude of 6m, started yawing slowly to the left again, and shaking

I think in the interest of fairness and without your friend pi#sing himself. Does the log match what he says happened, because even looking at your log there is very little resemblance to what poster is saying. Remember 25 degrees is a full quarter turn of the aircraft and you glitch at 4 seconds is not showing this.

ROTFL!!!

OK, lets do some elementary math... What is 360 degrees (full yaw rotation) divided by 4 quarters? It's 90, that is, 90 degrees. That is a quarter turn. Half of that is 45 degrees, or 1/8 a full yaw rotation...

For the sake of argument, if my MA made a yaw turn of 25 degrees, that would actually be 1/14 a full yaw rotation!

So how does a 20-25 degree turn, which IS indicated by the chart @Brantel provided, suddenly become a 1/4, 90 degree yaw rotation???

If you were a REAL, so-called professional UAV pilot, this would be something you would know in your sleep with your eyes closed!

You have just exposed yourself as being a NOTHING!!! If ever there was any doubt, there isn't any longer! Professional / commercial UAV pilot my behind! You're nothing of the sort! You don't even know how big a 25 degree rotation is out of a full 360!!!

OMG LMAO!!!!!!
2018-7-10
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

[view_image]

@@Brantel,

I've updated my original post to now also include the DAT file so you can go thru it...

Working on posting up the second flight from that day that shows roll issues, and also a flight from June 24 where I have direct video capture showcasing a yaw glitch.

Cheers
2018-7-10
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-10 15:09
I took my MA out for a flight yesterday, and less than 2m into the takeoff procedure, it (almost violently) yawed to the left I'd say a good 20-25 degrees, and once reaching precision takeoff altitude of 6m, started yawing slowly to the left again, and shaking

1/4 turn is 90°.

His reports are consistent with what I have seen and have observed in other logs from other reports.  Seems when the drone makes the rapid correction, it is always 20-25°.

To know for sure I would need to see the DAT file.  These TXT files don't have a great sample rate and the scaling is all weird.
2018-7-10
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-10 18:01
@@Brantel,

I've updated my original post to now also include the DAT file so you can go thru it...

Here is the yaw glitch at the beginning of the flight from the DAT log file.

This log suggest that the drone rotated ~ 27.5° to the left rapidly then at a slower rate returned back to within 5° of the original heading without pilot input.

This is very consistent with what I have been seeing on many other logs.
yaw glitch DAT.png
2018-7-10
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

OK, time for part 2 of that same flight where I later experienced what I believe to be roll during forward flight, in a (attempted) straight line out and then right back.

DJI Flight Log View from PhantomHelp:

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/HTU9EM2VC4NZDBMMY1BD/

DAT file from the same flight:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qx5aowc492lqkb0/2018-07-07_16-53-55_FLY053.DAT?dl=0

Original TXT flight record:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5v1jl9ol8oc3xm3/DJIFlightRecord_2018-07-07_%5B16-47-04%5D.txt?dl=0

Video taken by device screen capture of the flight, starting from take-off to return flight:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eann1n0ixugpqws/IMG_0520.TRIM.m4v?dl=0

Points of interested in the video:

• This take-off was performed using Precision Takeoff, and this time the MA performs exactly as it should, and took off as if it was mounted as a pole
  • Pay close attention to the destination point of the flight, which I tried to keep lined up in the exact centre of the screen / crosshairs
  • 00m30s: Drone beings to roll (possibly yaw at this point) to the right; no stick input other than forward pitch
  • 00m38s: I make yaw course correction to the left to compensate for drift
  • 00m40s: I begin to notice definite roll to the right, and also begin raising altitude
  • 00m47s: Roll becoming increasingly evident in crosshairs
  • 00m59s: Checking compass in lower-left, green direct line from drone current position to HP begins to reflect roll drift against traveled course
  • 01m04s: I make a minor course correction by roll left
  • 01m09s: I begin to increase altitude, again noticing structures in the distance beginning to drift due to roll
  • 01m32s: I bring MA to 54m takeoff altitude, strictly forward pitch input, continuing to roll right

I won't put any more play-by-play descriptions, but you get the gist.

@@Brantel, looking forward to seeing what you find in the DAT file!

Cheers
2018-7-10
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Brantel Posted at 2018-7-10 18:39

This log suggest that the drone rotated ~ 27.5° to the left rapidly then at a slower rate returned back to within 5° of the original heading without pilot input.

Thank you very much for this @Brantel, and taking the time out of your day to look at these logs!

@hallmark007, I think it's time for a MASSIVE public apology, and to fess up you were totally off in all of your statements, even your math.

I await your response.
2018-7-10
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-10 13:13
If you want any Un-Biased and Trustworthy input on the FlightLogs, ask JJBSpark to run his program on FlightData Log.

PS: Please don't shoot messenger.  But it was a baited Trap.  Baited for sole purpose of continuing Trash & Troll of thread.  No matter what FlightLog showed, it was going to be subject to SPIN, Twist, Denial, and Distraction.

Oh I know he was baiting me, but I decided to take the bait because
A) It would show other pilots and DJI itself potential useful data
B) It would finally, conclusively show just much of a nobody idiot both @hallmark007 and @Wachtberger are, because unlike those two stooges, I knew what was going on and what I was talking about.

Christ, that guy didn't even know a 1/4 turn is actually 90 degrees!!! And he lies to people here claiming he is a professional drone pilot who owns 6 pro drones!!! What a joke!

Have to tip my hat to @Brantel for doing a great job checking over the data and posting the results up. If @JJBSpark, you want to take a crack at the data too, I'd be very interested to hear your take on this info as well!
2018-7-10
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

OK,

Here is the data from my June 24 flight where I also experienced the yaw glitches...

DJI Phantom Flight Log View data:

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/WVXASO5VR6QZRDPMC3EE/

Original TXT log file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l9s9k5lmi4ygoeb/DJIFlightRecord_2018-06-24_%5B16-29-32%5D.txt?dl=0

Original DAT log file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s2j4euu4595me15/2018-06-24_16-28-49_FLY049.DAT?dl=0

Captured 4k video of the beginning of the flight where yaw glitches occured:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bta40qx169j2b1d/DJI_0333.mov?dl=0

I'm pretty sure I was able to pick out the correct log data for this flight.

The video illustrates the glitches I experienced, and continue to experience, VERY clearly.

Cheers
2018-7-10
Use props
TH757
lvl.1
United States

my once flawless MAvic air now yaws also after this update.  Damn near lost it to some  near by trees. caught me totally by surprise.

will be watching here for a fix.
2018-7-10
Use props
TH757
lvl.1
United States

Brantel Posted at 2018-5-12 04:57
At this point I am almost afraid to fly the drone because with the way it is glitching and rotating on its own, I am in fear of it flying off or dropping out of the sky.  My MA has been treated well since I got it.  Never even bumped it into anything or even had anything close to a minor crash.  It was working like a dream before the firmware update!

DITTO.  Im grounding it until fixed.   
2018-7-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brantel Posted at 2018-7-10 18:39

Wow - now there is someone who knows what they are talking about! Refreshing.
2018-7-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Brantel Posted at 2018-7-10 18:22
1/4 turn is 90°.

His reports are consistent with what I have seen and have observed in other logs from other reports.  Seems when the drone makes the rapid correction, it is always 20-25°.

My apologies to you and also Edison I was obviously mixed up regarding degrees,

I think by what your saying that at take off Aircraft moves in a Yaw action approx 27 degrees, this is then corrected, by IMU bringing Aircraft back to its correct attitude, this is something we can see in most dji drones at take off. IE when craft takes off there is always some movement, which we then expect to be corrected by IMU correcting and trying to maintain the correct attitude of the aircraft as per controller instruction, in this case auto start.
I believe that in normal circumstances that an issue like this would require an IMU calibration to bring back aircrafts correct attitude.
2018-7-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-10 14:36
Thank you @Brantel !!!

You can read my post, no denying Yaw issue as I have said in other posts and on other threads, I have seen Yaw issue , again I have never said pilot error, so maybe you will point to where I said pilot error.
2018-7-11
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-10 13:13
If you want any Un-Biased and Trustworthy input on the FlightLogs, ask JJBSpark to run his program on FlightData Log.

Hiya, thanks for the compliment!
2018-7-11
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-11 00:56
My apologies to you and also Edison I was obviously mixed up regarding degrees,

I think by what your saying that at take off Aircraft moves in a Yaw action approx 27 degrees, this is then corrected, by IMU bringing Aircraft back to its correct attitude, this is something we can see in most dji drones at take off. IE when craft takes off there is always some movement, which we then expect to be corrected by IMU correcting and trying to maintain the correct attitude of the aircraft as per controller instruction, in this case auto start.

Yup, just as I said, trying to spin the FACTS to make it sound like, "oh this is normal with DJI drones, nothing to see here"...

Same old trolling.

FACTS are FACTS, and the fact is, this didn't occur with 0300, it started with 0400, has caused many issues for many pilots, and was even acknowledged by DJI engineers as a genuine issue, and not NORMAL.

Go away.
2018-7-11
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-11 03:36
You can read my post, no denying Yaw issue as I have said in other posts and on other threads, I have seen Yaw issue , again I have never said pilot error, so maybe you will point to where I said pilot error.[view_image]

And yet here you are, in your very next post, insinuating there is no YAW issue because this behaviour is to be expected in DJI drones at takeoff:

You're such a clueless tool!
2018-7-11
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

A CW Posted at 2018-7-11 00:22
Wow - now there is someone who knows what they are talking about! Refreshing.

Aye'men! Finally someone that actually knows solid information, not like others blobbing around the forum pretending to know something when they actually know zip!
2018-7-11
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-10 18:55
OK, time for part 2 of that same flight where I later experienced what I believe to be roll during forward flight, in a (attempted) straight line out and then right back.

DJI Flight Log View from PhantomHelp:

For Fly053 DAT file, I can see signs of yaw drift in several places but here are the most obvious ones:
yaw glitch 3.png

These would apear as a curved flight path where a straigh one would be expected.
2018-7-11
Use props
Peejay1977
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123717 ft
United Kingdom

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-11 07:37
Yup, just as I said, trying to spin the FACTS to make it sound like, "oh this is normal with DJI drones, nothing to see here"...

Same old trolling.

Hi Edison,

Could you point me in the direction of where DJI engineers acknowledged this as an issue? I've been searching the thread but can't find it, and I'd like to be sure before I update (or not) my drone with the .0400 firmware.

Thanks

Paul.
2018-7-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-11 07:42
Aye'men! Finally someone that actually knows solid information, not like others blobbing around the forum pretending to know something when they actually know zip!

Brantel sure knows his stuff. Amazing attention to detail and presented with one purpose - to help others. Respect!
2018-7-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-11 07:40
And yet here you are, in your very next post, insinuating there is no YAW issue because this behaviour is to be expected in DJI drones at takeoff:

[view_image]

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008

Would you call these people liars. So I think we can say for sure it was in 0300.
2018-7-11
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Peejay1977 Posted at 2018-7-11 07:50
Hi Edison,

Could you point me in the direction of where DJI engineers acknowledged this as an issue? I've been searching the thread but can't find it, and I'd like to be sure before I update (or not) my drone with the .0400 firmware.

Hi Paul,

This was reported / posted by another pilot who saw a DJI engineer post that statement in their official, closed-channel Facebook page.

I'll look thru my history and see if I can find it, as that pilot took a screenshot of the FB posting.

Cheers
2018-7-11
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-11 07:51
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=135217&fromuid=260008

Would you call these people liars. So I think we can say for sure it was in 0300.

Keep trying to spin facts to BS, not gonna save your idiot ass now...

Oh look, @Brantel has come out with some data on part 2 of the same flight, let's see if I was a "liar" about my issues here too...
2018-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules