Differences between Phantom 4 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro V2.0
6917 19 2018-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mcupp
lvl.1

Kenya

Other than being 60% quieter, are there any other differences between the Phantom 4 Pro and the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0?
2018-5-10
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Biggest difference would be the New OcuSync Video Transmission which allows you to connect wireless DJI Goggles.
2018-5-10
Use props
mcupp
lvl.1

Kenya

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-5-10 19:58
Biggest difference would be the New OcuSync Video Transmission which allows you to connect wireless DJI Goggles.

Cool. Thanks for the help! Hopefully it will be added to the comparison page soon.
2018-5-11
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

New improvements soon in the new version Phantom 4 Pro V3.0
2018-5-11
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-5-11 09:48

Seriously?  Judging from that glint in the smile, you must be jerking our chains  
2018-5-11
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wake me up when V10 is released. V10 is always the best version, for example, Windows 10, iPhone X....
2018-5-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for your interests. Please kindly find the comparison from here: https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro-v2
Comparison.png
2018-5-13
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-13 23:52
Thanks for your interests. Please kindly find the comparison from here: https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro-v2

Aloha Susan,

Mahalo for the update information!  It is interesting that the comparison page does not mention the very important OcuSync technology that is included with the P4 Pro V2.0 and the Mavic Pro.  Best for use with the DJI Goggles.  That appears to me to be a major selling point.

Of course if a full introduction of the benefits of the P4 Pro V2.0 was made, DJI would be swamped for two months to meet demand rather than just one month of extreme demand.  I really feel for the employees of DJI having to keep up with demand for those amazing products.  You all have my appreciation!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-5-14
Use props
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

Regarding "4 db quieter".  Do not expect that to be a big change.  In sound levels, a 3db change is considered to be just noticeable and 4 db isn't much more.  Sound perception is nonlinear.  I'm just saying.
2018-5-14
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Yes Phantom 4 Pro V3.0 is guaranteed green and says quaaark instead of propeller noise.   

Prise on Phantom 4 Advance is currently a big bargain and has the same camera as the P4P V1 & 2.  

Regards Leif.
2018-5-14
Use props
mcupp
lvl.1

Kenya

Thanks, Susan
2018-5-14
Use props
mcupp
lvl.1

Kenya

Cetacean Posted at 2018-5-14 01:06
Aloha Susan,

Mahalo for the update information!  It is interesting that the comparison page does not mention the very important OcuSync technology that is included with the P4 Pro V2.0 and the Mavic Pro.  Best for use with the DJI Goggles.  That appears to me to be a major selling point.

Hi Cetacean,

I was confused too but if you follow the link in Susans post and scroll allllll the way to the bottom you'll see it listed there.

And yes, the DJI team deserves all the kudos. Their success over the past few years is well deserved.
2018-5-14
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Hi Susan a question to forward your engineers, what is the hardware difference in the radios?
Wondering as using the same frequencies why they can't implement the OcuSync code in the firmware for the current hardware in order to have better link quality and general support to ex. the goggles?
2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-14 20:03
Hi Susan a question to forward your engineers, what is the hardware difference in the radios?
Wondering as using the same frequencies why they can't implement the OcuSync code in the firmware for the current hardware in order to have better link quality and general support to ex. the goggles?

The RCs are not compatible due to the different video transmission systems. For the connection with standard Goggles, our engineers are still working on the firmware upgrade. We'll release on our website as soon as there is an update.
2018-5-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Cetacean Posted at 2018-5-14 01:06
Aloha Susan,

It's our pleasure! We'll keep working and provide more chances and amazing experiences for more people to explore the world with our products.
2018-5-18
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-18 00:32
The RCs are not compatible due to the different video transmission systems. For the connection with standard Goggles, our engineers are still working on the firmware upgrade. We'll release on our website as soon as there is an update.

Thank you, but i am not sure you got what i really was asking as the transmission system is a piece of software running on a piece of hardware. What am curios about is what is the difference of the hardware used for OcuSync vs P4P Lightbridge as both are using the same frequencies.
I think one of your engineers will understand and possibly pass you an answer for me on my Q in #13.
2018-5-18
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-18 00:36
It's our pleasure! We'll keep working and provide more chances and amazing experiences for more people to explore the world with our products.

Aloha Susan,

Well, I am certainly enjoying the ride!  And the DJI Goggles make it feel like I am driving!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-5-18
Use props
dcap
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

if you read the information on the props carefully it says 60% less noise during take off and landing "The 9455S propellers have a brand new aerodynamic design giving the Phantom 4 series an impressive noise control performance. When used with the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, up to 4dB (60%) of aircraft noise is lowered during takeoff and landing. Noise reduction is also enhanced when used with the Phantom 4 Pro, but not as much."
2018-5-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-18 00:42
Thank you, but i am not sure you got what i really was asking as the transmission system is a piece of software running on a piece of hardware. What am curios about is what is the difference of the hardware used for OcuSync vs P4P Lightbridge as both are using the same frequencies.
I think one of your engineers will understand and possibly pass you an answer for me on my Q in #13.

The hardware is different, we're sorry more details are not available due to the intellectual property rights.
2018-5-23
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-23 20:28
The hardware is different, we're sorry more details are not available due to the intellectual property rights.

Thank you.
Guess this mean they can't/won't program the current P4P hardware to use the OcuSync protocol  then.
2018-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules