Post upgrade disaster for Mavic Pro.
763 10 2018-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Afinepoint
lvl.1
United States

Did the new firmware update for system and app on a Samsung Note 4 yesterday 5/10/18.  

After update:

1.  The controller battery discharges almost as quickly as the drone's battery.
2.  The camera pixelates badly.  Mainly the bottom half of the screen.  After moving it takes several seconds for the picture to catch-up. Changing resolution
       does not help.  
3.  The option to use the controller's stick for takeoff is gone.  I have to use the screen, then slide to take off.
4.  On the first flight I received an ultrasonic sensor failure message and warning to land immediately.  
5.  Upon landing  the drone decended normally and then fell from about four feet.  Fortunately it bounced in grass and was unharmed.  I received a motor
               bound message however the blades were not turning just twitching.  A second landing went fine.  

2018-5-11
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Have you tried to refresh the firmware? if you have and this did not help roll back the firmware to the previous version.
2018-5-11
Use props
Afinepoint
lvl.1
United States

Don't think so.  The controller said Ready to Fly.  There was a red Firmware update message scrolling across the top of the  screen toggling between that and a green ready  to fly.   The update message went away. Regarding returning to a previous version the DJI faq pages states once done you can not return to a previous version.  
2018-5-11
Use props
Afinepoint
lvl.1
United States

Afinepoint Posted at 2018-5-11 06:03
Don't think so.  The controller said Ready to Fly.  There was a red Firmware update message scrolling across the top of the  screen toggling between that and a green ready  to fly.   The update message went away. Regarding returning to a previous version the DJI faq pages states once done you can not return to a previous version.

"Once the firmware has been updated, it cannot be downgraded to a former version."
2018-5-11
Use props
kenavata
lvl.3
Flight distance : 742126 ft
United Kingdom

Afinepoint Posted at 2018-5-11 06:08
"Once the firmware has been updated, it cannot be downgraded to a former version."

Did you update the Mavic and the Controller?
2018-5-11
Use props
Afinepoint
lvl.1
United States

Hmm.  No,  Just the controller and phone.
2018-5-11
Use props
Afinepoint
lvl.1
United States

All software updated.  I believe the drone had been updated as it was sitting nearby during prior update. Had not updated all batteries.  Still heavy pixelation.  Seems worst than before.  Have to fly RC style keeping it in sight as camera is useless when moving.   Flights seem smooth however I've only done one lift off and landing.
2018-6-11
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Afinepoint Posted at 2018-5-11 06:08

yes you cannot downgrade the firmware but you can refresh.  You should using DJI Assistant refresh the AC and RC firmware.  Then do a IMU/Gimbal/RC/VPS calibration then go to open field and Compass Calibration.  All in that order and completed 100% before trying to fly again to see if it helps.  
2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience that it may cause, may I have the firmware version of the remote controller and aircraft? Did you manage to uninstall and re-install the app? (ensure that files are saved) I would recommend resetting the camera using DJI GO 4 app as well.
2018-6-12
Use props
Afinepoint
lvl.1
United States

dJI Go 4 Version 4.2.20
2018-6-14
Use props
Afinepoint
lvl.1
United States

The drone was sent to dji for inspection.  Per them the issue is due to physical damage and is not covered.  The repair cost exceeded $200.  I explained that the damage occurred immediately after a “required” update.  Speaking with a technician it was understood that the pixelation occurred on the initial post update flight and that the drone shut down and fell.  He stated he would update the repair request and send it higher for review.  It was denied.  I’m not paying for a repair not of my doing so the drone will sit as a paperweight or I can find someone who repairs on the side.  Or part it out.

DJI also returned the drone with the gimbal support not attached so the camera got to bounce around all the way back.  I’m sure that helped things.  

Back to RC.  

I left a scathing response to their request for feedback on their customer service.
2018-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules