Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
goggles and new P4P v2.0
4889 27 2018-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kubota344
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1023780 ft
United States

my question is
Will the older DJI  white goggles work with the newer P4P v2.0
or will you have to upgrade to the newer black racing goggles

2018-5-12
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Kubota,

Yes, according to the DJI information provided, the white goggles will work.  However, they will not have the latest bells and whistles that are provided with some of the new firmware updates.  You will have to check the Release Notes for specific information.

As with many of the divergent combinations, the white goggles will be able to work with the new P4 Pro V2.0 but hardware limitations will also limit those combinations.  New hardware technology will be required for new and later combinations as with all the DJI technology.

I know that this is not a very specific response, but new DJI technology is always interesting in how it works with their previous technology.  Sometimes DJI provides bridge technology that can supplement earlier technology to help make some combinations work.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-5-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 will support the DJI Goggles after the DJI Goggles' firmware is updated to the latest version.
The latest firmware version is under testing, and its release date has not been determined yet. Appreciate your patience.
2018-5-13
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-13 23:40
The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 will support the DJI Goggles after the DJI Goggles' firmware is updated to the latest version.
The latest firmware version is under testing, and its release date has not been determined yet. Appreciate your patience.

Aloha Mindy,

Mahalo for clarifying this concern Kubota had.   I am also interested since I recently purchased the DJI Goggles.   (My apologies to all concerned for my convoluted post.  I was almost cross-eyed when I finally posted it!)

It would be helpful if Marketing could provide a comparison chart with each product and compatibility when the new firmware comes out.  We all know that this will change with newer firmware updates, but it is still helpful.

Mahalo again for the help!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-5-14
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

DJI Mindy, can you confirm whether the Goggles to P4 Pro V2.0, will use Ocusyn in a similar way to the Mavic Pro ?

In other words a wireless connection to the goggles from aircraft. And the potential to use two sets of Goggles and controllers as does the Mavic Pro.
2018-5-14
Use props
Puterdude92
lvl.2
Flight distance : 558392 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-5-14 03:03
DJI Mindy, can you confirm whether the Goggles to P4 Pro V2.0, will use Ocusyn in a similar way to the Mavic Pro ?

In other words a wireless connection to the goggles from aircraft. And the potential to use two sets of Goggles and controllers as does the Mavic Pro.

My question as well thanks. Aardvark!
2018-5-17
Use props
kubota344
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1023780 ft
United States

just ordered the P4P v.2.0   and racing goggles,      we shall see how it all works.    thanks all
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Cetacean Posted at 2018-5-14 01:18
Aloha Mindy,

Mahalo for clarifying this concern Kubota had.   I am also interested since I recently purchased the DJI Goggles.   (My apologies to all concerned for my convoluted post.  I was almost cross-eyed when I finally posted it!)

I'm so sorry for the late response, thanks for your suggestion, we will forward it to our engineers for consideration. And thanks for your continuous support to DJI product.
2018-5-20
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-20 00:45
I'm so sorry for the late response, thanks for your suggestion, we will forward it to our engineers for consideration. And thanks for your continuous support to DJI product.

Aloha Mindy,

Always happy to help, but sometimes I wonder if I am really helping!  This thread involves a very interesting question about older and newer technology.  When combinations get this complex, the more help we can get, the better; and tables and graphics are very helpful.  

Mahalo for the assistance passing on the suggestion.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-5-20
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow glad I saw this. Was just ready to buy the goggles and they wouldn't have worked...bummer.
2018-5-21
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Any word on when the new p4p v2 will work with the goggles?
2018-5-27
Use props
fansc229e7a2
lvl.1
  • >>>

I am also needing to get the goggles working   
2018-6-11
Use props
Spirytus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126864 ft
  • >>>
Canada

fansc229e7a2 Posted at 2018-6-11 17:14
I am also needing to get the goggles working   

If I had to guess;

I think the delay is due to the dual band capability of the P4P and the possibility to auto flip between bands (that's an option on the V2). The RE goggles support dual-band operation however the older goggles only work on the 2.4 band (I.E. Mavic's original occusync). I think they're currently working on a solution to make sure that you (or the FC) wont flip to 5.8 while the goggles are in use (or aleast advise you you'll loose the link).

Aside from changing the firmware on the goggles itself, I think the aircraft's firmware (and possibly the GO4 app) need a changed as well.

Stating that, I wish the wired option was available like on the older P4P. I tried it yesterday on the V2 and its not working; I'm getting all the telemetry in my goggle display except the most important part, live-view (which is: NA). Oh well... back to waiting with you folks.
2018-6-15
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

6 weeks  later and still no goggle support for the V2?
2018-6-25
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

BrianKushner Posted at 2018-6-25 18:16
6 weeks  later and still no goggle support for the V2?

Not unless today's FW release change anything but from the notes to judge still not working.
2018-6-26
Use props
gr8daneh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 82858 ft

I updated and tried, nothing, just a timeout after 60 seconds....
2018-6-26
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

gr8daneh Posted at 2018-6-26 10:13
I updated and tried, nothing, just a timeout after 60 seconds....

yikes. I already returned mine.
2018-6-26
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-26 02:04
Not unless today's FW release change anything but from the notes to judge still not working.

Firmware update V01.04.0400 for Goggles (white) released today should make them compatible now.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 2048&fromuid=154551
2018-7-4
Use props
djiuser_SdFyg9lB5YAd
lvl.1
United States

New firmware update for goggles.. I just installed it and it works as advertised.. no more HDMI cable required.. yippee!
2018-7-5
Use props
Stevess454
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to see if the firmware update will work with the white goggles and the DJI phantom 4 Pro V2. I don't want to go out and buy them again and have them not compatible with the P4P v2.
2018-7-5
Use props
Stevess454
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Hello, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to see if the firmware update will work with the white goggles and the DJI phantom 4 Pro V2. I don't want to go out and buy them again and have them not compatible with the P4P v2.  
2018-7-5
Use props
djiuser_SdFyg9lB5YAd
lvl.1
Taiwan

Yes, the new firmware update now makes them compatible. Enjoy..
2018-7-5
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

djiuser_SdFyg9lB5YAd Posted at 2018-7-5 17:36
Yes, the new firmware update now makes them compatible. Enjoy..

Just curios, has they also made it possible to link two controllers against the V2.0 by now, or controller with device and goggles at the same time?
2018-7-6
Use props
Stevess454
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

bought the white goggles last night, they work great with the P4P V2. Firmware finally works now.
2018-7-6
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

Stevess454 Posted at 2018-7-6 07:36
bought the white goggles last night, they work great with the P4P V2. Firmware finally works now.

That's good to hear, the Ocusync is very good, and you should have functional control of aircraft using RC (with or without display) or Goggles, or both together (best method). And no cables floating about :-)

Also a good excuse to get other half involved as a spotter

Edit:- And the white goggles can also view .MP4 & .MOV video stored on its micro SD card, and also view 360 panoramas created by DJI editor (I've not tried any created with Microsoft ICE (Image Composit Editor)).
2018-7-7
Use props
Airport Dog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 2018-6-26 19:00
yikes. I already returned mine.

Too, bad mine work really well.
2018-10-7
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Airport Dog Posted at 2018-10-7 09:53
Too, bad mine work really well.

I found for me that the Litchi software and a pair of $25 VR goggles work best for me. You can change all camera settings easily without removing the googles or changing your view etc.
2018-10-7
Use props
Airport Dog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 2018-10-7 10:17
I found for me that the Litchi software and a pair of $25 VR goggles work best for me. You can change all camera settings easily without removing the googles or changing your view etc.

Check out Yuneec's $30.00 goggles. Work really well. No kidding. Uses HDMI port hook-up.
2018-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules