My DJI Osmo Mobile 2 is not charging
15380 26 2018-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tonaco
New

Brazil

I just bought a DJI Osmo Mobile 2 in Apple Galeria - Fort Lauderdale.
I live in Brazil and when I tried to charge Osmo it didn't work.

Claudia

2018-5-12
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>

Have you tried using another cable. Have you tried charging it through a computer.
2018-5-14
Use props
Balhamar
New
Saudi Arabia

I have same problem the battery not charging
I live in Saudi Arabia ..
2018-5-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Claudia, sorry for the late response, please start your thread in the corresponding sub-forum, we have Osmo section and our admin will keep following up.
Do you still have the problem? Please note the voltage of the charger should be 5V and the current should be less than 2A, please try the requested charger, or you could also try the USB port in your computer.
2018-5-23
Use props
Daphnis
New

Belgium

Hi all,

Had the same issue with my brand spanking new DJI Osmo Mobile 2.

I was initially using my computer's USB ports to charge the device.

After proceeding to charge with a 5V, 2A wall charger it finally started to charge and I had no more issues.

Conclusion:
For optimal charging of the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 you'll have to use a 5V, 2A wall charger.

Hope you all get your Osmo's charged and ready to go!

Grtz,

D.
2018-7-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thanks for sharing this information, glad to know that you were able to fix the issue. Please keep us posted in any case you need our assistance.
2018-7-25
Use props
Roscoe
New

Philippines

Hi guys, my DJI Osmo Mobile 2 won’t charge tried several chargers but it doesn’t do the trick somehow, it gets hot after sometime plugged in.
2018-11-1
Use props
USman1963
New
Australia

Roscoe Posted at 11-1 06:53
Hi guys, my DJI Osmo Mobile 2 won’t charge tried several chargers but it doesn’t do the trick somehow, it gets hot after sometime plugged in.

I have the sdame issue .. with one cable it gets very hot .. with the original USB cable that came with the Osmo it does not charge at all .. no lights whatsoever .. I have used all sort of wall chargers (even the 5V 2A ones too) and computer USB port - nothing at all.
I wonder why DJI didnt include a bloody charger with a $200 machine
2018-11-9
Use props
djiuser_KF664iHXnrrc
New
United Arab Emirates

Hello.
Just bought a new osmo mobile 2 is on charge and I just a blinking battery indicator and it's already on charge since over 4 hours without getting it charged, how long should I wait for getting charged ? I read it should not take over a 3 hours to get it fully charged but when I un plug it it turn off as if the battery is already drained....plz help
2018-11-22
Use props
Garren Comstock
New

United States

If everyone has the same issues with a charger. Why in the heck did DJI not provide one with a cable that appropriately charges the OSMO mobile 2 device? This is not worth me having to find cables and different chargers all because you people did not want to include it in your package. It would have cost you an extra dollar. Not a happy customer. Will return for refund and will not come back for any product in future if they do not include everything it needs.
2018-12-9
Use props
zooro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 127526 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-23 02:21
Claudia, sorry for the late response, please start your thread in the corresponding sub-forum, we have Osmo section and our admin will keep following up.
Do you still have the problem? Please note the voltage of the charger should be 5V and the current should be less than 2A, please try the requested charger, or you could also try the USB port in your computer.

Just got Osmo 2 for my son. Same problem. No lites at all. Returned it and this new one has green lite and white lite just flashes. When it’s not plugged in. I get nothing
2018-12-28
Use props
zooro
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-23 02:21

Flash lites that’s all
2018-12-28
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

djiuser_KF664iHXnrrc Posted at 11-22 14:24
Hello.
Just bought a new osmo mobile 2 is on charge and I just a blinking battery indicator and it's already on charge since over 4 hours without getting it charged, how long should I wait for getting charged ? I read it should not take over a 3 hours to get it fully charged but when I un plug it it turn off as if the battery is already drained....plz help

What are you using to charge it. If you ae using a computer it is perfectly normal that it takes very very long to charge (if it charges at all) use a wall charger of at least 1A  and it it doesnt work check the usb cable.
2018-12-28
Use props
zooro
lvl.1
United States

Is it supposed to flash while charging. This is mt second one. The first one wouldn’t do anything. No lites no nothing. This one has a green light and a flashing white. If I unplug it then I get nothing. Should I just give up and return this one too?
2018-12-28
Use props
zooro
lvl.1
United States

Well this is my second one. I have tried using an iPhone charger,a dedicated 5v 2a charger, my Mac mini, and I’m still looking at a flashing lite after 5 hours.
2018-12-28
Use props
zooro
lvl.1
United States

Hurley1718 Posted at 5-14 08:29
Have you tried using another cable. Have you tried charging it through a computer.

Tried dif cables, differ t wall plugs, dif computer USB ports. Nothing. This is my second one! I won’t trade for another one. I will just ask for refund. I’m getting the impression that this thing is a lemon. It just doesn’t work for anybody. I’m not gonna but 10 of these stupid things to get one that works.
2018-12-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

zooro Posted at 12-28 10:08
Just got Osmo 2 for my son. Same problem. No lites at all. Returned it and this new one has green lite and white lite just flashes. When it’s not plugged in. I get nothing

Hi zooro, when charging Osmo Mobile 2, the battery level indicator will blink white to indicate the current battery level, it is recommended to use the USB charger of 5V/2A, the approximate charging time would be 2 hours when charging at 2A, please charge for more than 2 hours and then check if the Osmo Mobile 2 can be powered on, thank you.
2018-12-29
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4885 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-29 02:47
Hi zooro, when charging Osmo Mobile 2, the battery level indicator will blink white to indicate the current battery level, it is recommended to use the USB charger of 5V/2A, the approximate charging time would be 2 hours when charging at 2A, please charge for more than 2 hours and then check if the Osmo Mobile 2 can be powered on, thank you.

Hi Mindy, your right, I did have that problem with the laptop trying to charge the Osmo Mobile 2.
Now use the charger from my iPad 4 mini that's  5V 2A so all works ok now.
My problem also but not fixed yet is the charge lights work OK all white and the system green, but now next day the green system light is red but still have all white charge lights. It all boots up ok but the green light goes to red straight away. Cant balance the mobile phone or use the joypad control, but can take video and photos. got me stumped looks like the mobile phone is the only part that works right, but that worked OK before the Osmo Mobile 2 was added. hope you can help, bye
Dave
2018-12-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

davawt Posted at 2018-12-30 02:49
Hi Mindy, your right, I did have that problem with the laptop trying to charge the Osmo Mobile 2.
Now use the charger from my iPad 4 mini that's  5V 2A so all works ok now.
My problem also but not fixed yet is the charge lights work OK all white and the system green, but now next day the green system light is red but still have all white charge lights. It all boots up ok but the green light goes to red straight away. Cant balance the mobile phone or use the joypad control, but can take video and photos. got me stumped looks like the mobile phone is the only part that works right, but that worked OK before the Osmo Mobile 2 was added. hope you can help, bye

Solid red on the System Status LED means the firmware upgrade failed, did you ever update the firmware recently? Please make sure your mobile device has been connected to the network and then check if there will be firmware upgrade pop-up, thank you.
2019-1-1
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-1 23:04
Solid red on the System Status LED means the firmware upgrade failed, did you ever update the firmware recently? Please make sure your mobile device has been connected to the network and then check if there will be firmware upgrade pop-up, thank you.

Hi Mindy, I tried everything DJI Paladin (Administrator) advised but could not resolve the problem. The retailer (Argos) UK exchanged it for a New one and that one works fine. Just one of those things, I don't know about the upgrade as I could not do anything with it. to get it to upgrade never given that option on screen.
Thank you for your help and Happy New Year Mindy, bye
Dave
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

davawt Posted at 1-2 02:23
Hi Mindy, I tried everything DJI Paladin (Administrator) advised but could not resolve the problem. The retailer (Argos) UK exchanged it for a New one and that one works fine. Just one of those things, I don't know about the upgrade as I could not do anything with it. to get it to upgrade never given that option on screen.
Thank you for your help and Happy New Year Mindy, bye
Dave

Dave, glad to know your retailer has replaced the device, no worries about the firmware upgrade issue, hope you have a great time with this Osmo Mobile 2. Happy New Year.
2019-1-2
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-2 23:46
Dave, glad to know your retailer has replaced the device, no worries about the firmware upgrade issue, hope you have a great time with this Osmo Mobile 2. Happy New Year.

Thanks Mindy,
You have helped me a lot when I had Drones and now with the Osmo Mobile 2.
Hope you have a great year ahead, bye
Dave
2019-1-3
Use props
Andre van der Weide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1365 ft
Netherlands

i had the same problem not loading first but after registration in the dji go app it started loading here with  a 1a charger
2019-1-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

davawt Posted at 1-3 09:57
Thanks Mindy,
You have helped me a lot when I had Drones and now with the Osmo Mobile 2.
Hope you have a great year ahead, bye

You are very welcome, it is my pleasure to help you, hope no more issues will happen, have a good day.
2019-1-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Andre van der Weide Posted at 1-4 03:21
i had the same problem not loading first but after registration in the dji go app it started loading here with  a 1a charger

Thanks for sharing Andre, glad to know you were able to figure it out, hope you have a great time with Osmo Mobile 2.
2019-1-4
Use props
magicmarmot
New

United States

I'm having similar problems.  I've used my Osmo Mobile 2 for maybe 2 hours, charged it successfully twice. Now when I try to charge it, I get a steady green LED and one white blinking LED but it never gets past that. When I try to power it on, it wakes up for a second then shuts down again.
I have tried three different cables, two different USB3 computer ports, one wall charger, and I'm trying a second wall charger.
2019-1-7
Use props
fans1b7be1c8
New

Algeria

Hi dude, i got exacltly thé same problem, did you find any solution ?
2019-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules