• >>>
United States

can someone explain to me what this is?
2015-5-11
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

As far as I understand - and it seems to coincide with my experience with the setting - it changes how sensitive the gimbal dial is. If you set it lower, it will move very slowly when you move the dial a little but. But when you move it more, it will (exponentially) increase the speed of the gimbal.

I set it lower in order to make smooth gimbal transitions; to be able to slow down very slowly and fade smoothly into stopping the gimbal. Or starting the gimbal move very slowly.

This sort of works together with the "Gimbal Speed" setting (makes no sense they are not located together in the Pilot app). The "Gimbal speed" is more of a "maximum speed " when turning the gimbal-dial as far as it can where the Gimbal expo is how the curve is - straight (meaning a less smooth acceleration) or curve exponentially, where moving the dial a little will barely register as moving the gimbal.

It is truly awesome to have these settings. They are invaluable in making smooth a nice looking gimbal movement.

In general you want to move things a lot slower than you might initially think, in order for the video to not seem jarring to the audience. It is like home videos - nothing worse or more amateurish than someone panning around like crazy  - or even zooming in and out
2015-5-11
Use props
gennacide
lvl.3
Flight distance : 551056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gotcha!

Thanks for explaining that in such detail, I really appreciate it and I now understand.

I was playing with it and noticed a speed change but I was then confused as to why gimbal pitch exp and gimbal speed would do the same thing.

Thanks again!
2015-5-12
Use props
rhayhurst
lvl.2
Flight distance : 904442 ft
United States

gennacide Posted at 2015-5-12 19:05
Gotcha!

Thanks for explaining that in such detail, I really appreciate it and I now understand.

I hope that is correct, I wish DJI would explain it somewhere.  Searching the manual offers nothing.
2015-7-21
Use props
Drone Shots
lvl.1
Flight distance : 888570 ft

Brazil

Gimbal Pitch Exp regulates the velocity of the gimbal, varying from 0 (slowest) to 100 (fastest). Gimbal Start/Stop Buffer controls the time to decelerate the gimbal movement, varying from 0 (immediatly stops gimbal when the pilor releases the wheels) to 30 (slowlly decelerates the movement of the gimbal after wheel being released). So, if the buffer is greater than zero, the gimbal will continues to move after the wheel release, so the pilot has to hake care to avoid that the gimbal loses the subject
2017-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules