Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Motor Current Error
7506 30 2018-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichInGa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 449344 ft
United States

So I am flying along and I see this error: "Motor Current Error'.  I've never crashed, and this was the 2nd flight of the morning. Any idea what to do? The Mavic Air landed without a problem, but I certainly don't want to fly it again until I can confirm the issue.   I checked the motors after and they all spin freely, nothing wrong with the propellers.  Can someone let me know what to do from here?

Motor Current Error

Motor Current Error

2018-5-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Motor current errors are warnings and not malfunctions. What the app is telling you is that the amount of power needed by the battery for the ESC's to accurately carry out the commands you are giving it is too great for the current to maintain a safe level in driving the motors. They usually occur in very cold temperatures and when the pilot is pushing the drone too aggressively e.g. 100% pitch for a while then simultaneously applies heavy throttle to descend or when flying for a while in Sport mode against a moderate wind etc. When this pops up there is no need to land or be concerned - simply ease off the sticks and continue with the flight applying less pitch and throttle or descend to a lower altitude into lighter winds. Upon landing let the drone (motors) cool for a few minutes before taking off again. If however, the message keeps popping up and especially when only hovering then this is when you may have more of a concern and I wouldn't fly the drone in that case. This pop up seems to be happening more on the Mavic Air after the latest firmware so it could also be triggered by a glitch in the software and explains why you are not experiencing any issues after the pop up - in which case try refreshing the FW in Assistant 2 and/or reinstall the app. I do believe DJI have already referred this to their engineers so there may be a fix coming soon.
2018-5-13
Use props
RichInGa
Second Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-5-13 05:34
Motor current errors are warnings and not malfunctions. What the app is telling you is that the amount of power needed by the battery for the ESC's to accurately carry out the commands you are giving it is too great for the current to maintain a safe level in driving the motors. They usually occur in very cold temperatures and when the pilot is pushing the drone too aggressively e.g. 100% pitch for a while then simultaneously applies heavy throttle to descend or when flying for a while in Sport mode against a moderate wind etc. When this pops up there is no need to land or be concerned - simply ease off the sticks and continue with the flight applying less pitch and throttle or descend to a lower altitude into lighter winds. Upon landing let the drone (motors) cool for a few minutes before taking off again. If however, the message keeps popping up and especially when only hovering then this is when you may have more of a concern and I wouldn't fly the drone in that case. This pop up seems to be happening more on the Mavic Air after the latest firmware so it could also be triggered by a glitch in the software and explains why you are not experiencing any issues after the pop up - in which case try refreshing the FW in Assistant 2 and/or reinstall the app. I do believe DJI have already referred this to their engineers so there may be a fix coming soon.

So this is a glitch in the latest firmware not hardware?  I had the throttle full down and forward pitch full not in sport mode and there was no wind. I've done this move many times, and never saw this pop up.  I was very concerned...
2018-5-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RichInGa Posted at 2018-5-13 05:51
So this is a glitch in the latest firmware not hardware?  I had the throttle full down and forward pitch full not in sport mode and there was no wind. I've done this move many times, and never saw this pop up.  I was very concerned...

There you go - full pitch and throttle, even in p-mode, may trigger it. Just ease off the sticks and it will be fine. I have had one over current error message in 25 flights so far with the MA and not surprisingly I was flying in full pitch and applied throttle at the same time. Reduced my air speed a little by easing off the pitch stick and it went away and has never come back. The FW may have been updated to ensure that the warning does now pop up whereas it may not have shown at all before the update. It's actually a good thing to let you know to adjust pitch/throttle so that nothing goes wrong! Note that camera drones like the MA are not desgined to be flown around at 100% for long periods.
2018-5-13
Use props
Anton Funfly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1944606 ft

I had the same message today... I flight with the same way...I had the throttle full down and forward pitch full not in sport mode and there was no wind....
2018-5-17
Use props
RichInGa
Second Officer
United States

Anton Funfly Posted at 2018-5-17 11:57
I had the same message today... I flight with the same way...I had the throttle full down and forward pitch full not in sport mode and there was no wind....

It's really alarming isn't it? I was over water when mine did that.   If anyone else with a Mavic Air could try this?  Just go up to about 300 feet or so then Left stick full Down, right stick full  Forward. in normal p-Mode.

Thanks!!
2018-5-17
Use props
richimelo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33133 ft
Costa Rica

Same error on Saturday after firmware update
2018-5-17
Use props
darrc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5558 ft
Singapore

Despite what the moderators claim this Motor Current Error is just a wrong information display, the .0400 firmware has shown lots of other problems and no accountability being shown. The fact that the originally pinned firmware post was unpinned pretty much speaks for itself.
2018-5-17
Use props
Anton Funfly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1944606 ft

RichInGa Posted at 2018-5-17 18:00
It's really alarming isn't it? I was over water when mine did that.   If anyone else with a Mavic Air could try this?  Just go up to about 300 feet or so then Left stick full Down, right stick full  Forward. in normal p-Mode.

Thanks!!

i made a video for this...
2018-5-18
Use props
djiuser_GbOdaPfGV7oz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 810 ft
Canada

RichInGa Posted at 2018-5-17 18:00

Thanks!!

confirm last night. Same scenario..over water, left stick full down, right stick full forward, in p-mode. 1st time it happened to me.  Message popped up, was abit concern but landed and no other issues.  Reading other post it seems related to the latest firmware .0400 and not a major concern.  
2018-5-18
Use props
RichInGa
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_GbOdaPfGV7oz Posted at 2018-5-18 06:58
confirm last night. Same scenario..over water, left stick full down, right stick full forward, in p-mode. 1st time it happened to me.  Message popped up, was abit concern but landed and no other issues.  Reading other post it seems related to the latest firmware .0400 and not a major concern.

Hopefully this will get fixed fast.  I don't like false alarms.
2018-5-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, if the error message exists during normal flight, it is a false positive. The engineers have aware of this, it will be optimized in the next version. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-5-20
Use props
dronybaloney
Captain
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-20 20:34
Hi there, if the error message exists during normal flight, it is a false positive. The engineers have aware of this, it will be optimized in the next version. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The same happened to me yesterday with the mavic platinum with latest fw.
Maybe you can info engineers also that it happens with the mpp
2018-5-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-5-20 22:19
The same happened to me yesterday with the mavic platinum with latest fw.
Maybe you can info engineers also that it happens with the mpp

For the Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum, may I know the ambient temperature of your flight environment?
Please check the propellers and the appearance of the motors, and try to change the props if you have the spares, also, restart the drone.
If the error message repeats frequently, I suggest sending it back for an overall check. Please contact our support for a further help. http://www.dji.com/support
2018-5-22
Use props
fans8512f205
lvl.1
Italy

it happened to me after the update. my drone has about 2 hours of flight, it's new. I was flying in very good conditions without wind and the message suddenly appeared. The drone returned home without any problem and I continued to fly it for 15 minutes.
2018-5-23
Use props
RichInGa
Second Officer
United States

fans8512f205 Posted at 2018-5-23 02:25
it happened to me after the update. my drone has about 2 hours of flight, it's new. I was flying in very good conditions without wind and the message suddenly appeared. The drone returned home without any problem and I continued to fly it for 15 minutes. [view_image]

It's a very disturbing error -- but thankfully DJI Thor stated it's a known bug in the latest firmware.  
2018-5-23
Use props
Vivekpar
lvl.1
Singapore

Hello Fellow Mavic air Experts,

I had a disastrous crash yesterday. My mavic is very new, only flew 1 hour or so. I was flying in Singapore over a small lake, aircraft was at about 40 ft over water in perfectly still conditions. I pressed joystick to bring it further up , aircraft made a jerk and started circling. and starting falling down, within seconds it circled fall into water, irretrievable. I stood completely dumbfounded not knowing what to do, and just walked back to home. Later looked at logs and it showed Motor current error as last log. Now what should be done? Have i lost $1000 just because of some FW glitch: or DJI will be nice enough to help me out?
Any help is more than appreciated.  
2018-5-28
Use props
RichInGa
Second Officer
United States

Vivekpar Posted at 2018-5-28 00:21
Hello Fellow Mavic air Experts,

I had a disastrous crash yesterday. My mavic is very new, only flew 1 hour or so. I was flying in Singapore over a small lake, aircraft was at about 40 ft over water in perfectly still conditions. I pressed joystick to bring it further up , aircraft made a jerk and started circling. and starting falling down, within seconds it circled fall into water, irretrievable. I stood completely dumbfounded not knowing what to do, and just walked back to home. Later looked at logs and it showed Motor current error as last log. Now what should be done? Have i lost $1000 just because of some FW glitch: or DJI will be nice enough to help me out?

I'd call DJI Support. If it's only a month old and it just fell from the sky like that  -- it should be covered.
2018-5-28
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-22 22:31
For the Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum, may I know the ambient temperature of your flight environment?
Please check the propellers and the appearance of the motors, and try to change the props if you have the spares, also, restart the drone.
If the error message repeats frequently, I suggest sending it back for an overall check. Please contact our support for a further help. http://www.dji.com/support

Hi DJI Thor it has to do with when you are pushing the AC more than the battery can handle.  This happens about 90% of the time if I am in P-Mode, am full ascend and full forward.  This message comes up due to the battery cannot handle the full load.  Simply letting off the throttle clears it.  It is not due to the props and or temp.  You get a different message if your battery is too hot or cold.  
2018-5-28
Use props
Vivekpar
lvl.1
Singapore

RichInGa Posted at 2018-5-28 04:32
I'd call DJI Support. If it's only a month old and it just fell from the sky like that  -- it should be covered.

Thanks, I have called them, and they have asked for details like log file. I am hoping that they could cover it as it is so unfortunate that mavic air at 40 ft high just in front of eyes just starts circling and drops dead in water.
2018-5-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-28 05:53
Hi DJI Thor it has to do with when you are pushing the AC more than the battery can handle.  This happens about 90% of the time if I am in P-Mode, am full ascend and full forward.  This message comes up due to the battery cannot handle the full load.  Simply letting off the throttle clears it.  It is not due to the props and or temp.  You get a different message if your battery is too hot or cold.

Thank you for your feedback, I will also forward your finding to the engineers to confirm.
2018-5-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Vivekpar Posted at 2018-5-29 19:21
Thanks, I have called them, and they have asked for details like log file. I am hoping that they could cover it as it is so unfortunate that mavic air at 40 ft high just in front of eyes just starts circling and drops dead in water.

I am sorry to hear your accident. If you have contacted our support, they will help to make a case and help to submit the data analysis as long as the drone is within the warranty period and see if it is a warranty case.
If there is a need, you can provide me with your case number, I will help to keep an eye on it.
2018-5-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Vivekpar Posted at 2018-5-29 19:21

I am sorry to hear your accident. If you have contacted our support, they will help to make a case and help to submit the data analysis as long as the drone is within the warranty period and see if it is a warranty case.
If there is a need, you can provide me with your case number, I will help to keep an eye on it.
2018-5-30
Use props
Vivekpar
lvl.1
Singapore

Dear DJI Thor
Thanks for your response . Indeed I had contacted support and they asked for bunch of data which I provided. Today I received an email stating that they will send me a new mavic air. I am thoroughly impressed with support and feel that I made right decision to buy DJI. I am delighted.
2018-6-2
Use props
aRapic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74140 ft
Croatia

I've experienced the same problem yesterday on my mavic air, get this error on RTH descending and motors sounded strange, drone started to wiggle and shake in circle while descending. What will I do if it crashes, when will dji give some clear answers for this problem, because in my case this doesn't seem as normal firmware error. And I bought it maybe 20 days ago.
2018-7-20
Use props
RichInGa
Second Officer
United States

aRapic Posted at 2018-7-20 04:43
I've experienced the same problem yesterday on my mavic air, get this error on RTH descending and motors sounded strange, drone started to wiggle and shake in circle while descending. What will I do if it crashes, when will dji give some clear answers for this problem, because in my case this doesn't seem as normal firmware error. And I bought it maybe 20 days ago.

This to me sounds like an actual hardware error -- you should contact DJI support.   
2018-7-20
Use props
aRapic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74140 ft
Sweden

Yes I have, it doesn't seem normal
2018-7-20
Use props
IM35461
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2235417 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have not used my MA for quite a while awaiting fixes for the erratic flight behaviour e.g. lurching around when doing a precision takeoff and drifting.

Anyway, my one was over the English Channel today in normal flight mode when it started to wander off to the right at a fair speed (it was only going slowly forward at the time).

I released the joystick and it eventually stopped and I then got my first ever warning about overload and check the props!

Anyway, I kept it over land for the rest of that flight and checked the props, etc and just as before takeoff they are fine (still the original ones when I got it).

I did two more batteries worth of flights and other than the violent rotations during "precision takeoff's" and the yaw drift it seemed okay.

What does amaze me is how long these faults have gone on for with no sign of a fix...
EDIT: It seems new MA Firmware is out today 30/09/18.

I should have just waited another week before giving MA another flight.

Using CrystalSky so no internet access when I went flying.
2018-9-30
Use props
Cesar Manuel Bravo Garcia
New

Mexico

Necesito ayuda, ayer tuve varios vuelos sin ningún problema,  deje un rato para cargar baterías y volví a utilizar más tarde al iniciar el vuelo el drone se movía sin tocar los controles y con el sistema de sensores activos y terminó sólo inpactandose, lo revise y inicié otro vuelo y el fallo persistía así que hice un aterrizaje forzoso. El problema es que hoy ya por la mañana intento volarlo y al momento de hacer el despegue automático se inclina hacia un lado y es imposible realizar vuelos, me sale un mensaje de error en el motor o hélices. Las hélices cambie por nuevas ya dos veces y sigo con problema. Que puedo hacer?
2018-12-27
Use props
RichInGa
Second Officer
United States

Cesar Manuel Bravo Garcia Posted at 12-27 07:09
Necesito ayuda, ayer tuve varios vuelos sin ningún problema,  deje un rato para cargar baterías y volví a utilizar más tarde al iniciar el vuelo el drone se movía sin tocar los controles y con el sistema de sensores activos y terminó sólo inpactandose, lo revise y inicié otro vuelo y el fallo persistía así que hice un aterrizaje forzoso. El problema es que hoy ya por la mañana intento volarlo y al momento de hacer el despegue automático se inclina hacia un lado y es imposible realizar vuelos, me sale un mensaje de error en el motor o hélices. Las hélices cambie por nuevas ya dos veces y sigo con problema. Que puedo hacer?

Si las hélices están en buen estado, usted ha calibrado los compas y tiene un buen bloqueo de GPS, es posible que desee ponerse en contacto con DJI, ya que podría tener un error. ¿Algún ruido extraño del motor? Además, no hablo español. Usé el Traductor de Google. Lo siento si no es un buen español.  
2018-12-27
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

It will always give that warning whenever I have both sticks on full throttle.
2018-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules