ESC status error cannot fix
5259 16 2018-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_qMhv7UdbKRA0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1775 ft
Hong Kong

Hi I just recently bought my dji spark this month and flew it once for a test flight, after that my drone lights up with solid red, and when i connect on DJI GO 4 it says ESC status error try restarting spark and if issue persists contact help. I tried to restart but doesnt work. I tried using DJI assistant to upgrade/downgrade/reset to factory settings my Firmware doesnt work (latest FW is like Dec 2017). And now I just can't use my spark anymore. Can someone please help? My SN is 0ASDE7T1A101JB
2018-5-13
Use props
rimza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

ESC - Electronic Speed Controller. With the Spark battery remove, manually spin all four motor and see if there is resistance to rotate. If it is, and it is not related to a crash incident,  return the Spark to your point of purchase and show the error to get warranty replacement. Good Luck.
2018-5-13
Use props
TheFreedomAngel
lvl.1
Hong Kong

rimza Posted at 2018-5-13 06:12
ESC - Electronic Speed Controller. With the Spark battery remove, manually spin all four motor and see if there is resistance to rotate. If it is, and it is not related to a crash incident,  return the Spark to your point of purchase and show the error to get warranty replacement. Good Luck.

Ok thanks for the suggestion when i tried to manually rotate one of the motor i seem to find that one of them is making noise, and then i detached that propellor and found that it had a broken piece of plastic in it...

i dont think i ever had a crash incident with the unit...
2018-5-13
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

TheFreedomAngel Posted at 2018-5-13 06:22
Ok thanks for the suggestion when i tried to manually rotate one of the motor i seem to find that one of them is making noise, and then i detached that propellor and found that it had a broken piece of plastic in it... [view_image]

Just replace the Propeller and check if that is solved.

Propellers only cost little money, with your Spark you must have Spare ones.

I suggested in investing in some extra Spares.

https://store.dji.com/product/sp ... -folding-propellers
2018-5-13
Use props
TheFreedomAngel
lvl.1
Hong Kong

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-13 06:28
Just replace the Propeller and check if that is solved.

Propellers only cost little money, with your Spark you must have Spare ones.

I have spare and i replaced it but it didnt fix the error... still saying ESC status error. and for some reason the aircraft sometimes get disconnected from the remote controller and gets reconnected back. that happens maybe every 5 seconds or so... before when it could fly i played around with the Wifi settings, prolly setting it back and forth between 2.4hz and 5.8hz... does that affect anything?
2018-5-13
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

My Preference is using -

Spark <------ 2.4GHz <--------- Remote <-------- OTG Cable <--------- Phone

Safer using a Fixed Cable Connection in my Opinion. Here in Europe 5.8GHz is not recommended, as even the WIFI Power
in EC Mode (Europe) is far less than FCC Mode (US).

If you have 1-13 Channels you are in EC Mode, and 1-11 Channels you are in FCC Mode.
2018-5-13
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Ok thanks for the suggestion when i tried to manually rotate one of the motor i seem to find that one of them is making noise, and then i detached that propellor and found that it had a broken piece of plastic in it... [view_image]

You don’t think?! If you have suffered a crash, you have to know for sure. In my opinion that seems the result of a crash.
2018-5-13
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

TheFreedomAngel Posted at 2018-5-13 06:45
I have spare and i replaced it but it didnt fix the error... still saying ESC status error. and for some reason the aircraft sometimes get disconnected from the remote controller and gets reconnected back. that happens maybe every 5 seconds or so... before when it could fly i played around with the Wifi settings, prolly setting it back and forth between 2.4hz and 5.8hz... does that affect anything?

Did you buy your Drone as a Second Hand ? And the Seller didnt tell you about the Problem, most probably as Aurelian is telling you, that it must be a Result of a Crash, if you didn't fix that Error after changing the Props.

Those Broken Props are a Result of a Crash, or maybe the Spark Fell, or Spark had a Good Beating while Transporting it.
2018-5-13
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft

Ok thanks for the suggestion when i tried to manually rotate one of the motor i seem to find that one of them is making noise, and then i detached that propellor and found that it had a broken piece of plastic in it... [view_image]

oh dude this is so typical incident....Many pilots have experienced this....It is not your fault...It is just faulty props....
2018-5-13
Use props
TheFreedomAngel
lvl.1
Hong Kong

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-13 07:45
Did you buy your Drone as a Second Hand ? And the Seller didnt tell you about the Problem, most probably as Aurelian is telling you, that it must be a Result of a Crash, if you didn't fix that Error after changing the Props.

Those Broken Props are a Result of a Crash, or maybe the Spark Fell, or Spark had a Good Beating while Transporting it.

I bought the unit straight from spark website, im pretty sure I didnt crash when I flew it but i did let my friend take control for a while im not sure if he had crashed it... what i could remember is when i tried to put on the prop guard my angle was wrong and it happened to bump on to the back of the bench i was sitting on

so what should i do now?
2018-5-13
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

Either open a dji ticket, and hope they cover it for you, or pay them money to fix it.. Or buy a motor (6-15dollars)from ebay or someplace else, and resolder it your self..
2018-5-13
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

TheFreedomAngel Posted at 2018-5-13 15:56
I bought the unit straight from spark website, im pretty sure I didnt crash when I flew it but i did let my friend take control for a while im not sure if he had crashed it... what i could remember is when i tried to put on the prop guard my angle was wrong and it happened to bump on to the back of the bench i was sitting on

so what should i do now?

Thats another story now if you hit the Spark's Motors.

Contact DJI as Joller79 told you and wait for the reply.
2018-5-14
Use props
TheFreedomAngel
lvl.1
Hong Kong

got it, thanks everyone!
2018-5-14
Use props
TheFreedomAngel
lvl.1
Hong Kong

contacted dji but slow response. is there anywhere in hong kong i can get this fixed physically with decent speed?
2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

TheFreedomAngel Posted at 2018-5-14 16:05
contacted dji but slow response. is there anywhere in hong kong i can get this fixed physically with decent speed?

You contact our support and start a case, right? If you have any doubt, you can leave your case number here for further assistance.
2018-5-20
Use props
TheFreedomAngel
lvl.1
Hong Kong

went to dji store hong kong the tech support replaced a new one for me
2018-5-21
Use props
rimza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3307 ft