Timelaps with J+R - But no Raws on card
724 7 2018-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_5Fk2TuvYZQ1s
lvl.1

Hello, I made my first Timelapse with the Osmo, but was unpleasantly surprised when I tried to download my photos from the card. There are no Raw Files but only JPGs. But I set the Osmo to J+R, I even checked it afterwards. Is this some kind of Bug? Cause if I can't do timelapse with Raw Photos in the End, this Thing is useless to me.
2018-5-13
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi,
This is not a bug, you only set it under image format for images not time lapse, you have a time lapse format as well which only allows you to shoot in video or video + jpeg.
Are you looking for a lot of raw images to put together in another program to make a time lapse?
2018-5-13
Use props
djiuser_5Fk2TuvYZQ1s
lvl.1

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2018-5-13 16:50
Hi,
This is not a bug, you only set it under image format for images not time lapse, you have a time lapse format as well which only allows you to shoot in video or video + jpeg.
Are you looking for a lot of raw images to put together in another program to make a time lapse?

I did timelapse before with my canon 5d. Actually it worked way better. It was also very disapointing, that the camera was basiclay "shaking" a lot. I did a timelaps where was strafing towards a building, but the gimbal didn't keep the building in the same place and it was even horizontaly shaking. I'm doing a lot better with a dslr out of hand. I think the osmo only works if you move constantly forward. And considering that it is not able to shoot raw pictures during a timelapse, makes it just a little toy. I think I just sell this thing. Cost my a lot of money to find out how amateur this gimbal is.
2018-5-13
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Australia

djiuser_5Fk2TuvYZQ1s Posted at 2018-5-13 22:13
I did timelapse before with my canon 5d. Actually it worked way better. It was also very disapointing, that the camera was basiclay "shaking" a lot. I did a timelaps where was strafing towards a building, but the gimbal didn't keep the building in the same place and it was even horizontaly shaking. I'm doing a lot better with a dslr out of hand. I think the osmo only works if you move constantly forward. And considering that it is not able to shoot raw pictures during a timelapse, makes it just a little toy. I think I just sell this thing. Cost my a lot of money to find out how amateur this gimbal is.

By the sound of it you probably better of with a good DSLR camera, the osmo is really for motion shots, the time lapse function has always been like a after thought, in saying that I have got some reasonable time lapse’s using only the video function and locking the gimble.
2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

There is no RAW photos can be selected under Time-Lapse, there are only J+V, video + jpeg like Nigelbrinkmann explained.
By horizontally shaking, do you mean the Osmo keeps drifting? Any chance to show us a short video about the issue?
2018-5-14
Use props
djiuser_5Fk2TuvYZQ1s
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-14 02:23
There is no RAW photos can be selected under Time-Lapse, there are only J+V, video + jpeg like Nigelbrinkmann explained.
By horizontally shaking, do you mean the Osmo keeps drifting? Any chance to show us a short video about the issue?

Here is the result of the timelapse video out of the Osmo.

Timelapse

As you can see, the Gimbal goes all over the place. Using DJI Maker with the jpg got me a little bit better result and with After Effekts I was able to stabilize it even more. But it is still not very good.

Maybe it was my method, that the gimbal can't process. I used a 6 sec. interval and moved every shot 30 cm sideways, stopped, waited for the next photo, moved and so on.

But what I really don't understand is, why you can shoot photos in raw but not a timelapse. A timelapse is nothing else than a series of photos?
2018-5-14
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Australia

djiuser_5Fk2TuvYZQ1s Posted at 2018-5-14 07:55

Timelapse

This movement is normal unfortunately, since you are moving while taking pic’s, the gimbal moves a lot.
Doing time lapses with the osmo it has to be as still as possible, but you will still get some gimbal drift. Even using the panning feature. Then if you do get a good one it’s only in 720!
Even doing hyper lapses you will get a lot of movement.
2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_5Fk2TuvYZQ1s Posted at 2018-5-14 07:55

Timelapse

Sorry for the late response and Nigel has explained about your video, the resolution of Timelapse that made by DJI Go is 720P, if you want the higher resolution, you will need to compound the video via the third party program.
2018-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules