Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone insurance
2926 13 2018-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maplechops
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3169 ft
United Kingdom

I was reading a few posts that mention drone insurance and as a new drone user i was wondering who is best to use for insurance? I hope to take my drone on holiday and im lookong at permits etc required for each country. Is there an all round insurance or does it have to be separate insurances for each country? I know thailand requires insurance and thisis one place id be heading to. Thanks in advance and i hope this wasnt a stupid question..
2018-5-13
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

I am waiting for Insurance in Malta. The Insurance will consist of an Insurance for the Drone including Insurance for 3rd Party Damages to Others.

With the New Rules as of 1st May 2018, from the Civil Aviation Directorate in Malta, Insurance for 3rd Party Damage is Compulsary, just like the Permits.

If you will be going abroad, my Insurance has a type of extension eg. Start of Holiday - Till - End of Holiday (Just like any Travel Insurance).
You just tell them where you are going and for that Period, you pay a little extra amount for the Drone to be Covered.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do your Research about each Country Rules + Advice your Insurance about the Holiday or Work Travel months before, just to BE SAFE and have everything In Line before you Travel.

I suggest doing the Research for every Country, some Countries out of Europe don't permit drone flying and can even arrest you. So Beware. We have a TV Program, here in Malta called Liqourish, where the Camera and the Crew where all Arrested for filming and having a Mavic Pro. After long hours they where released, but they didn't say at what price, if they had to pay an amount of money, or else the Embassy jumped in.

Many countries, are far well behind to accept these rules, so watch out. There are others who will abuse and tell you to pay an Amount of Money to take your Drone back out of their Country ! Just to make money on you ! Its is Illegal but, its their Country, so they invent their Laws. I think it was somehwere in South America. Let me try search the Video and post it.

Here you go -

2018-5-13
Use props
maplechops
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-13 07:49
I am waiting for Insurance in Malta. The Insurance will consist of an Insurance for the Drone including Insurance for 3rd Party Damages to Others.

With the New Rules as of 1st May 2018, from the Civil Aviation Directorate in Malta, Insurance for 3rd Party Damage is Compulsary, just like the Permits.

Thanks DMX,

Much appreciated. Ive been researching abu dhabi and thailand mainly as thats where im gping and i certainly dont want to have my drone taken at customs. I dont think i will be flying in abu dhabi just because it looks tp be a nightmare in regards to petmits etc buti am stopping there for a few days on the way to thailand so i might be best requesting a permit to take the drone i to the country at least.

2018-5-13
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

maplechops Posted at 2018-5-13 08:18
Thanks DMX,

Much appreciated. Ive been researching abu dhabi and thailand mainly as thats where im gping and i certainly dont want to have my drone taken at customs. I dont think i will be flying in abu dhabi just because it looks tp be a nightmare in regards to petmits etc buti am stopping there for a few days on the way to thailand so i might be best requesting a permit to take the drone i to the country at least.

I have heard about Dubai too. Its hard to fly, as I was reading once that you can fly a drone Without Permit as long as it doesnt have a Camera on it.

If you are using a DJI Drone I suggest you apply for a Permit in Dubai, in Europe you can come to some point of reasoning between us, but in certain place that might be a Big Problem. There are even Drone Police in Dubai !

If you are going to Dubai via Emirates Airline, I would ask the UK Office about it, they will surely guide you, Emirates is one of the World Top Airlines for Service.

Enjoy your Holidays Mate !

This Video may help you MapleChops -

2018-5-13
Use props
maplechops
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-13 08:24
I have heard about Dubai too. Its hard to fly, as I was reading once that you can fly a drone Without Permit as long as it doesnt have a Camera on it.

If you are using a DJI Drone I suggest you apply for a Permit in Dubai, in Europe you can come to some point of reasoning between us, but in certain place that might be a Big Problem.

Thats a thought!! I never even thought of speakimg to the airlines. Good idea, i will look into it. Thank you im not going until september but hopefully by that time i will have more research/permission and practice to take some lovely pictures.
2018-5-13
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

maplechops Posted at 2018-5-13 08:29
Thats a thought!! I never even thought of speakimg to the airlines. Good idea, i will look into it. Thank you  im not going until september but hopefully by that time i will have more research/permission and practice to take some lovely pictures.

You are Welcome Mate, always glad to give a helping hand.

Well done for thinking beforehand. Thats the best way to get everything organised, after all you don't know how long it will take for Special Permits.

I only travel to European / US / Canadian Countries as to avoid lots of bullshi7. When I am on holiday I love to relax not stay worrying about this and that, especially outside Western Territories. I like the Different Cultures but in the West we are thought to Accept Every Culture / Religion and not look at Differences.

Well this is a long story I can share over some beer, not in a Forum. Cheers Mate !
2018-5-13
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Thailand usually not only requires insurance but also two permits/registrations.
One is a easy to get walk in, the other a time consuming annoyance.
So be a bit careful, the BiB's are knowing about this income option!
2018-5-13
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-5-13 08:44
Thailand usually not only requires insurance but also two permits/registrations.
So be a bit careful, the BiB's know knowing about this income option!

Dear 'Grandpa S-e-ven' you are back in Thailand ? Last week you where in UK.

How is your ''Love Story'' going in Thailand, Mate ? Where you out of Cash '£££' again ?

2018-5-13
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

2018-5-13
Use props
maplechops
lvl.1

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-5-13 08:44
So be a bit careful, the BiB's are knowing about this income option!

Thank ypu i assume this is a huge pain in the rear to try and get? I did look online amd find a form however it was all in thai. Im a bit sceptical about signing anything off without being able to read everything first.
2018-5-13
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

maplechops Posted at 2018-5-13 22:44
Thank ypu  i assume this is a huge pain in the rear to try and get? I did look online amd find a form however it was all in thai. Im a bit sceptical about signing anything off without being able to read everything first.

I have to say, you need glasses ;-)

https://www.caat.or.th/en/archives/category/aviation-en/drone-en

But it needs month.
Also they have a new self disclosure form, which may speed up the police background thing.
I just never saw that online, they had to pull it out from behind the counter so that I could sign it!

My suggestion to someone on holiday: Do the NBTC registering, walk in process, all forms in thai, they tell/help you, even doing pictures from the drone and you.
And in case, you get caught: play the innocent. "i have registered, noone told me ....."
It is mostly about the fine, not about the wrong doing, anyway.

In case you have a world wide insurance, bring it in an english translation. Just in case
Oh, a video I found. Haven't watched it, but the length may mirror the way ;-)
2018-5-13
Use props
maplechops
lvl.1

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-5-13 22:59
I have to say, you need glasses ;-)

https://www.caat.or.th/en/archives/category/aviation-en/drone-en

Ha ha i do wear glasses how did you know :p

Thanks for the advice.  I feel i am maybe being over cautious but id rather that than have to pay a hefty fine !
2018-5-14
Use props
fans41910de7
New
New Zealand

Hi, Just wondering if you can point me in the right direction. I’m a kiwi from New Zealand heading to Malta in a couple of days and I’m seeking third party liability insurance so I can fly my drone in Malta. Please help if possible. Or is there anything else I can do to fly a drone in Malta. Any recommendations or helps would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
2019-11-4
Use props
fans41910de7
New
New Zealand

Hi, Just wondering if you can point me in the right direction. I’m a kiwi from New Zealand heading to Malta in a couple of days and I’m seeking third party liability insurance so I can fly my drone in Malta. Please help if possible. Or is there anything else I can do to fly a drone in Malta. Any recommendations or helps would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
2019-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules