What is the best settings for minimal MOIRE pattern?
1553 4 2015-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

Hey guys,

Can any tell me what the best settings would be on the inspire to get the minimal amount of Moiré out of the shot?  When ever I am shooting a brick house, the moiré pattern can get pretty bad and distracting, a shingled roof is very tuff as well.

I am sure that either Jimhare or Genettico will know the answer.
2015-5-11
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Are you on the latest firmware?   DJI said they made improvements to moire but I haven't tested it myself.

Do some tests reducing the sharpness setting incrementally and see if it helps.

Yeah, there are definitely some "off limits" situations with the Inspire but that's true of cameras costing thousands as well so it's not really their fault.
2015-5-11
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

Thanks I'll give it a try.  I was wondering if one of the new three ND filters would help
2015-5-11
Use props
guille
lvl.1

Spain

I´ve been filming with last update and has much moire . The image is totally broken when you film roofs, or something with lines. I´m very worried about this because you can not use this footage on broadcast jobs. Has anyone any trick to avoid this horrible issue? [url=]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9yE5dTctpc[/url]

Many thanks

2015-10-6
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Well the X3 has the smallest chip of the kind used in compact cameras about almost 10 years ago.
2015-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules