GPS low signal warning
1299 8 2018-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Poonjabby
lvl.1
Flight distance : 154554 ft

Starting this morning I started getting a GPS low signal warning on my Mavic Air. I can see 9-12 satellites but I still keep getting the warning. I've had the drone about two months now so I'm assuming it's under warranty. If I take the shell off and check the GPS module connection will that void the warranty?

Poon
2018-5-13
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

poon,
Sorry to hear you have a problem.
I found this on one of the Forums:

It could be due to the position of satellites... the drone can detect satellites, but their position in the sky can't give the precision needed. All you have to do is wait  a few minutes to enable other satellites to come over you and give you a good GPS signal.

Did you receive any other error messages?
I would wait  before taking any thing apart. DJI warranty would probably be voided if you did.
2018-5-13
Use props
Poonjabby
lvl.1

DJI it would be just awesome customer service if you replied.
2018-5-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Poon, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. It is not recommended to modify the drone yourself, it will void the warranty. For the GPS low signal warning issue, could you please restart the drone and try the flight in different locations to check if it happens again? Thank you in advance!
2018-5-16
Use props
Poonjabby
lvl.1

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-16 04:52
Hi Poon, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. It is not recommended to modify the drone yourself, it will void the warranty. For the GPS low signal warning issue, could you please restart the drone and try the flight in different locations to check if it happens again? Thank you in advance!

I've already done that. It see's 9-12 satellites but I still have the warning. I suspect something has come lose with the GPS module.

Poon
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Poonjabby Posted at 2018-5-16 07:01
I've already done that. It see's 9-12 satellites but I still have the warning. I suspect something has come lose with the GPS module.

Poon

Hi Poon, thanks for your update. Please check this thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-148703-1-1.html, if you need any further help, please feel free to keep us in updated on this thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-148703-1-1.html, thanks!
2018-5-16
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just to add to this, my Mavic Pro has been getting GPS exception errors at an alarming rate on the latest firmware.  Between GPS heading exception errors and range based issues I decided to break the anti-rollback lock dji implemented on my drone and rolled back 2 updates back using DJI assistant app... (both RC and AC)

Since rolling back my drone has been much behaved.. not GPS errors and no odd standout range issues apart from the app wanting me to update constantly.

I did update to latest firmware again today (update then refresh) via dji assistant to both RC and AC  and did a quick test flight and very first  error I get was GPS exception error..    so I rolled back again...
2018-5-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-5-16 18:58
Just to add to this, my Mavic Pro has been getting GPS exception errors at an alarming rate on the latest firmware.  Between GPS heading exception errors and range based issues I decided to break the anti-rollback lock dji implemented on my drone and rolled back 2 updates back using DJI assistant app... (both RC and AC)

Since rolling back my drone has been much behaved.. not GPS errors and no odd standout range issues apart from the app wanting me to update constantly.

my Mavic Pro has been getting GPS exception errors at an alarming rate on the latest firmware.  

Would that be Firmware version: 01.04.300 ?

Since rolling back my drone has been much behaved.. not GPS errors and no odd standout range issues  

Back to Firmware version: 01.04.200 ?
2018-5-16
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

the firmware I rolled back to is 01.04.0100   I tried 01.04.000 but latest iOS app requires atleast .0100.  So short of using custom rolled firmware I just stick with the next best compromise.   
2018-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules