Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark, problems w 5.8Ghz and 2.4Ghz
5706 19 2018-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rodrigues
lvl.1

Brazil

Hello,
My spark does not offer the option to switch from 5.8 to 2.4. I am using an OTG cable and a Samsung J7 NEO mobile phone. I know that this cell phone only operates in 2.4, but since I'm using the OTG cable, would not it be possible for me to control these two frequencies that appear on the screen? Another detail is that even the signal quality bars do not appear. I await a help! Thank you!
tela spark 5.8.jpg
2018-5-13
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

This was reported a lot, lately with Version 4.2.12. On Androids.

You seem you are on FCC Mode Channels 1-11 are 2.4GHz and the other 12-16 are 5.8GHz.

For Signal bars many have reported that Problem.

Try rolling back to 4.1.15 and 99.9% this will be solved. On IOS there is the 4.2.14, I aint sure if in Google Play they updated it, but last time I checked it was still 4.2.12

1) Remove the Version 4.2.12 (Launched on Google Play)
2) Switch off Auto Updates
3) Restart Phone
4) Install old version 4.1.15

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-1-15-release/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4-4-1-15-2-android-apk-download/

Again DJI Solved 1 thing which was the OTG Support, but got 2 Big Errors, the 'Cannot TakeOff' Error when setting up a New Spark and this 'Wifi Signal Bars' Error.

Lets cross fingers that with the 4.2.14 (For Android) they solved these 2 Bugs.

Tip: Thats why I switch to IOS, as Android is giving them so much Problems. Not worthed for me. I have a Samsung S8+ too and wont be using it.

2018-5-13
Use props
Rodrigues
lvl.1

Brazil

Very Thanks!!!
I have reinstalled the version you recommended. But he still does not change, but has the option to change. I faithfully believe what you said.
Thanks a lot for the help. As soon as I can, I'll switch to the Iphone.
Rodrigues
2018-5-13
Use props
TsukoYomi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23422 ft
Philippines

same here can't change to willingly to 2.4 (well sometimes in auto mode it goes 2.4 automatically) and got no signal bars... 4.2.12 will update to .14 though..
2018-5-13
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

lfor some reason flying in  2.4Ghz  is very disappointing. 5.8Ghz works very well.
2018-5-13
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

TsukoYomi Posted at 2018-5-13 16:20
same here can't change to willingly to 2.4 (well sometimes in auto mode it goes 2.4 automatically) and got no signal bars... 4.2.12 will update to .14 though..

So it seems you are flying with a cable and the Spark is doing the change if needed.
Aren't you guys in the Philis are flying in FCC, anyway?
2018-5-13
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

S.J Posted at 2018-5-13 18:18
lfor some reason flying in  2.4Ghz  is very disappointing. 5.8Ghz works very well.

May have the reason that most home wifis around you are using  2.4Ghz?
2018-5-13
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

change wifi without otg cable, then use otg again!
2018-5-13
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

Jos A Posted at 2018-5-13 23:21
change wifi without otg cable, then use otg again!

Won't help. I am unable to change the band with or without the OTG cable, I have even contacted the support, provided them with an explanation and some screenshots. Their answer was that there is no problem with the App, my Spark must be faulty and I should send it for repairs ... DJI apparently do not care about this one.

The first cases of this problem go back to the firmware .701, it worked fine with older .600, unfortunately I can't downgrade to it via DJI Assistant 2 anymore and when I requested it via DJI Support to verify whether it helps with this bug they simply closed that case without answer. Downgrading to older version of DJI GO 4 won't help either.
2018-5-14
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Netherlands

Oke, I can change to 2.4 on the 4.1.15 on FW .0900There is one thing to try before you send it back for repair, I will PM you
2018-5-14
Use props
Rodrigues
lvl.1

Brazil

Hi!!!
I did the following tests: I tested without the OTG cable with version 4.1.15 and I did not have your own. I tried the cable in the same version and I could not change either.
Finally, I went back to the last version and used it anyway, but with the OTG cable that avoids locks and flies well. But anyway with or without the OTG cable I can not change the frequency.
I need to try it on the automatic ... I'll see if I can do it tomorrow.
Continuous!
2018-5-14
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Netherlands

oke Rodrigues
2018-5-15
Use props
Rodrigues
lvl.1

Brazil

Hi!
today I made the flight in the automatic, it had a smaller range, it went into "return to home", the DJIGO stopped working, I rebooted but it still did not work. Luckily he landed with a one meter error only. During the return to home I tried to restart DJIGO but it opened an earlier version, which did not work. It was luck!
I have not solved the problem of frequency change yet.
2018-5-15
Use props
Haggi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

Never forget to reboot/restart your spark when changing channel.
Not so obvious..
2018-5-15
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Netherlands

try to reset your wifi again
2018-5-16
Use props
Rodrigues
lvl.1

Brazil

Exactly!
I did the test ... I resent it and appeared the option on my cell phone to switch to 2.4 or 5.8 and the signal bars!
But when I asked to change from 2.4 to 5.8 a message appeared saying that my cell phone is not compatible with 5.8.
I believe that is the whole mystery. As my cell phone does not operate at 5.8 then the drone connects to the control at 5.8 for my cellphone to connect at 2.4 with the control. Now I have to do a test with an Iphone ...
Thank you!
2018-5-16
Use props
TsukoYomi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23422 ft
Philippines

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-5-13 18:50
So it seems you are flying with a cable and the Spark is doing the change if needed.
Aren't you guys in the Philis are flying in FCC, anyway?

some of us are still in CE but mostly change to FCC...
2018-5-17
Use props
Rodrigues
lvl.1

Brazil

if conect spark e celular only, show me 2.4ghz. But if conect controler to celular... no way!
2018-5-25
Use props
vanx77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4475 ft
Greece

Is there a solution for the missing signal quality bars finaly? Same issues for me
2018-10-22
Use props
emtomsons
New
Latvia

Looks like an old topic, but I have the same issue. I have tried older app versions, have tried lots of things, sometimes it quickly shows possibility to change to 2.4Ghz, but dissapears fast or mostly does not show at all. No bars also. No changes if cable or wifi. Anyone have fixed this issue? Thanks
2019-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules